Thread: Arizona Dealers

Spyder Garage

Default Arizona Dealers

I will be in Arizona (Scottsdale) in January. I'll be trailering my Spyder there to enjoy the roads and also meet friends in Yuma and Palm Springs.

In the event that I need some service or repairs, I see that there are seven (7) Spyder Dealers, 6 of whom are Platinum Certified and 5 in the Phoenix Regional area:

• Ridenow CHANDLER
    • Ridenow PHOENIX
    • Ridenow GOODYEAR
    • Ridenow PEORIA
    • Ridenow SURPRISE
    • Ridenow TUCSON (outside of the Phoenix area)
    • We Ride MESA (only SILVER certified)

Based on Members' knowledge on this Forum, are there dealerships that you would DEFINITELY recommend and those that you would NOT recommend?

If you don't want to respond on this Forum, perhaps you might be good enough to send me an e-mail at murraygto@shaw.ca

Thanks in advance!
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Nice list

If all the first ones are Platinum that last one needs to change his name to Ridenow..... does that mean it is all the same dealer just in different locations...??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Ride Now is a nationwide dealer that carries multiple lines of bikes. They have several locations in the Phoenix Metro area that are in excess of 100,000 square feet. I have used the Peoria location and the Chandler location for service. I have purchased 3 bikes from the Tucson location but have not had any service work done there. There is also a dealer in Prescott Valley- Star Island, however I have not had a chance to use them yet, they are much smaller than Ride Now.

Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If all the first ones are Platinum that last one needs to change his name to Ridenow..... does that mean it is all the same dealer just in different locations...??
    Same dealer. They own 40+ dealerships for the Spyder and equal amount for Harley throughout the country. They are a subsidiary of Coulter Cadillac in

PHX.

We have two in Tucson. They have a monopoly on the Spyder product with a not so great reputation for Spyder's and Harley.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Arizona dealers

I've had good and bad buying and service dealings with the Chandler RideNow. At this point the bad has me never going back. I will consider Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista.
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Default I only recommend Sierra Cycles

I hope you will be joining us in Tombstone for your January trip. I only recommend Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ. PM me if you want to know more about them or the others.

Regards,
    Rob Owen
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I have had "some" good experiences with We Ride in Mesa. But my last experience has me never going back to them unless it is absolutely necessary (warranty). If you need warranty work done they are OK and Ride Now in Chandler is OK if you can get buy all the sales sharks hounding you all the way from the parking lot to the cash register. For non-warranty issues I recommend Desert Dog Fabrications in Fountain Hills, AZ. They are a former BRP dealer and service all makes including Can Am. They are, by far, IMHO better than the factory guys. They know BRP stuff way better than the two dealers previously mentioned.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Thank you LJspydee and Rob for the thinking of us! Although we are a little bit of a drive from the Phoenix area (3 hours + or -), we are a Platinum BRP dealer, have a Master Spyder tech on staff, etc... Once you get here if you do in fact in any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out and we will do everything in our power to get you fixed up ASAP.

Safe travels and hopefully we get to meet you during the January ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Sierra Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by SierraCycles View Post
    Thank you LJspydee and Rob for the thinking of us! Although we are a little bit of a drive from the Phoenix area (3 hours + or -), we are a Platinum BRP dealer, have a Master Spyder tech on staff, etc... Once you get here if you do in fact in any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out and we will do everything in our power to get you fixed up ASAP. Safe travels and hopefully we get to meet you during the January ride.

Thankyou, and thanks to LJspydee and Rob for the recommendation!

While in Arizona, I'll be traveling all over the place, so one of my "to do" day trips will be to Sierra Cycles!
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default January in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I hope you will be joining us in Tombstone for your January trip. I only recommend Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ. PM me if you want to know more about them or the others. Regards, Rob Owen
    Thanks for the recommendation! I do hope to be at the Tombstone Event! My wife and I were there two years ago and we loved the nostalgia, plus Bisbee!
    2014 ST Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    I will be in Arizona (Scottsdale) in January.

In the event that I need some service or repairs, I see that there are seven (7) Spyder Dealers, 6 of whom are Platinum Certified and 5 in the Phoenix Regional area:

"Platinum" must be awarded according to their labor rates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    "Platinum" must be awarded according to their labor rates.
    Actually, based on research I did for my initial 3,000 mile service....it's true!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you LJspydee and Rob for the thinking of us! Although we are a little bit of a drive from the Phoenix area (3 hours + or -), we are a Platinum BRP dealer, have a Master Spyder tech on staff, etc... Once you get here if you do in fact in any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out and we will do everything in our power to get you fixed up ASAP. Safe travels and hopefully we get to meet you during the January ride.
    Thanks for supporting the Tombstone Ryde-In event. I invite you to go over there and post your interest and availability. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1369778466453469/
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Keep one thing in mind. Most dealers do not have a "Factory Trained" tech. 99% of them are qualified by taking an "online" course to get their Spyder Certificate. This has been and still is a very large problem with all Can Am Dealers. Their is little chance they were trained at the Factory. Ask to see his or her certificate and Factory Trained will be on the certificate. This was the achilles heel so to speak for many years and most knew nothing about Spyder's other than what they saw on their computer screens. Many costly mistakes were made by these inexperienced Mech/Techs and those costs were passed on to the consumer. Be ware of any dealer that says they have a "Master Tech" who knows everything about Spyder's. That does not mean he has had hands on training at the BRP Factory dealing specifically with Spyder's.

There are a few good techs out there who have learned by working on your Spyder and others. If the factory will work and cooperate with him he can probably get the job done. The catch here is will the Factory cooperate and work with him.

Bottom line: Don't just drop your Spyder off to get Maintenance or a problem solved. Always get a introduction to whoever does the work and ask their experience level and where he/she got specific training for the Spyder. Motorcycles and Spyder's as you all know are two different animals.

This is directed mainly to those with less experience. The rest of us have learned the hard way.

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 10-31-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Jack,

Actually being a Master Technician does in fact require you to go to an onsite Spyder school and in fact have "hands on training at the BRP Factory dealing specifically with Spyder's", or hands on with their other segments (you can be a Master Off-Road tech yet not Spyder and vise-versa).

Our recommendation would be to search out Master Technicians specific to Spyders, and ask to talk to them and make sure they will be the ones handling your machine. This verifies that they are in fact still working there, and allows you to make sure they will be the ones working on your machine.

Although being a Master Technician in a specific segment doesn't exactly mean they are the best in the world, it should be some reassurance that they have good overall skills and knowledge. Just to add, it takes roughly 700-1000 hours online course work to become a factory certified Spyder tech, then you have to show proficiency for a minimum of 24 months become your eligible to attend hands on training, and then upon completion take your Master Technician test. ~ it's a bigger deal than you are making it out to be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Keep one thing in mind. Most dealers do not have a "Factory Trained" tech. 99% of them are qualified by taking an "online" course to get their Spyder Certificate. This has been and still is a very large problem with all Can Am Dealers. Their is little chance they were trained at the Factory. Ask to see his or her certificate and Factory Trained will be on the certificate. This was the achilles heel so to speak for many years and most knew nothing about Spyder's other than what they saw on their computer screens. Many costly mistakes were made by these inexperienced Mech/Techs and those costs were passed on to the consumer. Be ware of any dealer that says they have a "Master Tech" who knows everything about Spyder's. That does not mean he has had hands on training at the BRP Factory dealing specifically with Spyder's.

There are a few good techs out there who have learned by working on your Spyder and others. If the factory will work and cooperate with him he can probably get the job done. The catch here is will the Factory cooperate and work with him.

Bottom line: Don't just drop your Spyder off to get Maintenance or a problem solved. Always get a introduction to whoever does the work and ask their experience level and where he/she got specific training for the Spyder. Motorcycles and Spyder's as you all know are two different animals.

This is directed mainly to those with less experience. The rest of us have learned the hard way.

Jack
    Last edited by SierraCycles; 11-07-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jack, Actually being a Master Technician does in fact require you to go to an onsite Spyder school and in fact have "hands on training at the BRP Factory dealing specifically with Spyder's", or hands on with their other segments (you can be a Master Off-Road tech yet not Spyder and vise-versa).

Our recommendation would be to search out Master Technicians specific to Spyders, and ask to talk to them and make sure they will be the ones handling your machine. This verifies that they are in fact still working there, and allows you to verify they will be the ones working on your machine.

Although being a Master Technician in a specific segment does exactly mean they are the best in the world, it should be some reassurance that they have good overall skills and knowledge. Just to add, it takes roughly 1000 hours online course work to become a factory certified Spyder tech, then you have to show proficiency for a minimum of 24 months become you can go to hands on training and then upon completion take your Master Technician test. ~ it's a bigger deal than you are making it out to be IMO.
    This should dispel some of the myths circulating out there. Thanks for the info, Dave.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Master Technician

Jack, Actually being a Master Technician does in fact require you to go to an onsite Spyder school and in fact have "hands on training at the BRP Factory dealing specifically with Spyder's", or hands on with their other segments (you can be a Master Off-Road tech yet not Spyder and vise-versa). Our recommendation would be to search out Master Technicians specific to Spyders, and ask to talk to them and make sure they will be the ones handling your machine. This verifies that they are in fact still working there, and allows you to verify they will be the ones working on your machine. Although being a Master Technician in a specific segment does exactly mean they are the best in the world, it should be some reassurance that they have good overall skills and knowledge. Just to add, it takes roughly 1000 hours online course work to become a factory certified Spyder tech, then you have to show proficiency for a minimum of 24 months become you can go to hands on training and then upon completion take your Master Technician test. ~ it's a bigger deal than you are making it out to be IMO.
    THANK YOU!
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default az dealers

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    I will be in Arizona (Scottsdale) in January. I'll be trailering my Spyder there to enjoy the roads and also meet friends in Yuma and Palm Springs.

• Ridenow CHANDLER
    • Ridenow PHOENIX
    • Ridenow GOODYEAR
    • Ridenow PEORIA
    • Ridenow SURPRISE
    • Ridenow TUCSON (outside of the Phoenix area)
    • We Ride MESA (only SILVER certified)

Based on Members' knowledge on this Forum, are there dealerships that you would DEFINITELY recommend and those that you would NOT recommend?

If you don't want to respond on this Forum, perhaps you might be good enough to send me an e-mail at murraygto@shaw.ca

Thanks in advance!
    BRP has made being a dealer so onerous that Lake Havasu City, Yuma & Prescott dealers are no longer spyder dealers. Heck of note for wintering in Brenda.