Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default F3-T Touring: Luggage?

I haven't taken any overnight trips with my F3-T (yet), but I hope to next year. Even though the F3-T comes with the saddlebags and frunk for storage, they're each pretty meager IMO.

I was looking for bags/luggage that would fit into the saddlebags and came across these ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AV56BTW...=3LTII1H6TSART ). Of course they're small, but they're made for the saddlebag compartment. Does anyone use these? If not what types of bags/luggage do you use in your saddlebag space? (Please provide links, if possible).

Since I never ride 2-up, I'm also considering this bag ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0022YNBTE...=3LTII1H6TSART ) for the back seat. Anyone have any thoughts on it, or can recommend something else instead?

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Default More specific questions on luggage and the F3-T

Having put money down on a F3-T yesterday and applied for a loan I have the similar questions. I am getting a luggage rack on mine so I can carry more. Some more specific questions:
    1. Is there anything wrong with strapping large dry bags to the seat and luggage rack? I remember watching some eyes roll at rally when I strapped a dry bag on to motorcycle, despite having a top case and two large side cases. I like to carry a lot of gear.
    2. If dry bags are OK, what are the biggest you would consider?

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

You wrote: I was looking for bags/luggage that would fit into the saddlebags and came across these ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AV56BTW...=3LTII1H6TSART ). Of course they're small, but they're made for the saddlebag compartment. Does anyone use these?

We bought a set of these for my wife's F3 Ltd. and while they are small and fairly expensive for what you get, they do fit the saddlebags very well and keep everything together. With the bag lid folding down, it was important to prevent loose stuff from falling out when opening the lid. Can Am provided a plastic barrier in the saddlebag to keep stuff from spilling out but I removed those after we got the soft bags.

H2O

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Not ideal, but here you go

I know these are not ideal, but I have a huge expandable tank bag that has a zip off magnetic bottom. I take the bottom off and bungee it to the rear seat and smooth spyder back rest. In this bag, I can easily fit 5 pants, 5 shirts, 5 socks, 5 underwear.
    Then I put my travel cover and rain gear in the front compartment.
    In one saddle bag I place electronics (small laptop, tablet, camera), maps, and snacks.
    In the other saddle bag I normally have an extra gear such as freezeout gear (if it is cold out), or a cooling towel (if it is hot). I also use this bag to haul whatever I may pick up on the trip.
    In the side bags and front compartment, I just use a nice sized, cloth shopping bag. It nicely and I don't fret about how they are cared for. And they can normally be replaced for $.99.
    This is what I use when going solo on a 5 day trip.
    When taking the wife along, I will be using my Doc Humphries rack and pack.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is what Joe and I use. They are great as they expand if needed or roll smaller if you don’t have a lot of gear. https://www.ortlieb.com/en/Rack-Pack/
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have a backrest large bag from Viking Bags that I am very pleased with. The quality is excellent, it secures well and holds a lot of stuff. Their website is showing 10% off of 154.99 I think.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

The Ortlieb Rack-Pack dry bag is a dynamite piece of gear! The only way to go dry bag-wise IMO.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

When I bought my first RT (2010), I went all out and got the BRP full set of luggage. It was over $1000 if memory serves. I have used it twice and think that the quality could have been better for the price.

There is a lot of aftermarket luggage as shown above. It may take some time to find exactly what you want...but I think that is a very good way to go.

Let us know what you end up with.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

​I can’t address bags that would fit into the F3-T or LTD saddlebags, but if you are looking for a waterproof bag for the back seat check out the Firstgear Torrent Duffle Bag. It comes in three sizes and is less expensive than the Ortleib bags with same quality IMO.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by H2O View Post
    You wrote: I was looking for bags/luggage that would fit into the saddlebags and came across these ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AV56BTW...=3LTII1H6TSART ). Of course they're small, but they're made for the saddlebag compartment. Does anyone use these?

We bought a set of these for my wife's F3 Ltd. and while they are small and fairly expensive for what you get, they do fit the saddlebags very well and keep everything together. With the bag lid folding down, it was important to prevent loose stuff from falling out when opening the lid. Can Am provided a plastic barrier in the saddlebag to keep stuff from spilling out but I removed those after we got the soft bags.

H2O
    That’s the ones I have they work great with my f3t.

Spyder Garage

I sent you a pm about a bag I have.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid