Thread: BRP Heated Vest

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Heated Vest

My wife saw the BRP heated vest in the catalog and thinks she would like one. So wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it. I just don't know about a battery powered one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

depending on what setting you have the power on the battery does not last long set at high.

Now if you hook the power up to the bike you will have no problems as for long term heat if needed.

Spyder Garage

Default Heated Vest

Quote Originally Posted by gorcutt View Post
    My wife saw the BRP heated vest in the catalog and thinks she would like one. So wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it. I just don't know about a battery powered one.
    I am told that the BRP vest is a good unit. I can't comment on the life expectancy of the battery, but I know that you can purchase backups.
    My personal preference was to go for a heated jacket that was hard-wired. Four different heat settings, and the arms are also heated.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Gerbing heated vest

I bought my wife the 7 volt gerbing heated vest and she loves it. Battery is good for up to 8 hours on low, 2 hours on high. So far the few times she used it, it has done well
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have had the battery and the 12 volt.
    I had my Rt wired for the 12 volt and
    love it with the dual control.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default I'm with the hardwired guys....

i had a battery unit but it just doesn't last and you need to carry spares and recharge all the time. I have Warm Gear vest and gloves with dual control and love it. Heated seat and heated grips do nothing for me but if it is short runs I guess it would be OK....just keep it charged....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have the Gerbing 7v fleece jacket liner and it has performed admirably! I find that on high I am too warm unless the temps are down around 45-50 and I am moving at freeway speeds. I have run it on high for 2 hours and still had 50% showing on the battery. I know, this shouldn't be the case but..... The jacket came with a red battery and all the spares I see out there are black/silver, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I have the Gerbing gloves as well but again they are so warm even without the battery power that I haven't used them that way yet. I also have the heated grips which gives me the option to use medium duty winter gloves MOST of the time before having to go hard core with the Gerbing's! It's great to have choices and not be tied to the ride! I can use my heated gear in other situations!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default North Bay

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I have the Gerbing 7v fleece jacket liner and it has performed admirably! I find that on high I am too warm unless the temps are down around 45-50 and I am moving at freeway speeds. I have run it on high for 2 hours and still had 50% showing on the battery. I know, this shouldn't be the case but..... The jacket came with a red battery and all the spares I see out there are black/silver, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I have the Gerbing gloves as well but again they are so warm even without the battery power that I haven't used them that way yet. I also have the heated grips which gives me the option to use medium duty winter gloves MOST of the time before having to go hard core with the Gerbing's! It's great to have choices and not be tied to the ride! I can use my heated gear in other situations!
    Noticed you added North Bay to your Avatar, I hope you and yours escaped the fire!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default heated vest

Bajaron carries Warm and Safe heated gear; I would guarantee that you can't find what you want somewhere else for less money. In the long run you will be ever so much happier with a direct wired unit hooked into your bikes battery. If you have a 2014 and up RT or F-3 you will have enough juice to power two sets of gloves, jackets, pants and socks, with enough left over to run all the lights you can hang on your scoot!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Gerbing 12v, the only way to Fly! Batteries are too unpredictable.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack
    I'm with Jack here. Getting heated vest and gloves for my area (Baltimore) and I can ride all day in 19° weather . Been doing it for years
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Noticed you added North Bay to your Avatar, I hope you and yours escaped the fire!
    Yes we were lucky and dodged that BIG bullet! Thanks for the thoughts.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack
    Wife has been using Gerbing on my bike for 2-3 years. Soon I will wire in the pigtail and safety switch to the new to her '13 STS aka "Maggie". She has one battery, when she unplugs and continues to need heat.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I a man relatively warm blooded, I usually perspire at about fourth degrees.

As for my wife being cold, she just moves a little closer because I am such a hot item!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate