Spyder Garage

Default Took the plunge - Thanks

Thank you for all your advice. I took the plunge and put money down on a new 2016 F3-T. The dealer had an RT, which I drove along with an F3-limited, for the same price but it came down to:
    1. I think there is a lot to that laser alignment stuff since the F3-Limited felt way more stable. But I also think the F3-T felt far more stable due to less sway, being a bit lower to the ground, and a smaller cross section.
    2. I can carry more on the F3-T. Since I would not have a passenger, I can put on a luggage rack. I think with the ability to carry two dry bags I can carry more than with one dry bag and the extra storage on the RT.
    3. The RT does sway more, and I would feel a need to get an aftermarket anti-sway bar for it.
    4. The handlebars on the RT were too low for me. Their adjustability on the F3-limited eliminates the need for triaxis handlebars.
    5. The RT blocked too much wind on the sides for my taste. That negated the electrically adjustable windshield, which I think is super cool.
    6. I have decided I can live without heated handgrips.
    7. Both have radios.

Spyder Garage

Enjoy. And, welcome.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Great choice. Have fun

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome , welcome....

Well thought out and tested...congrats on your choice.. enjoy the ryde and this most enjoyable site...most of the time..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder purchase andto the spyder web. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats !

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Default Good for you

Good choice and welcome to the Spyder family. Here's to your having many years and miles of enjoyment. I suggest you consider coming to our winter Spyder event in Tombstone this January.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome. You did your preparatory homework well, thought your way carefully through the choices, and took the test rides to confirm. Now, there should be lots of thoroughly enjoyable miles ahead of you. And, you have a great machine that you can easily modify if you want to begin tweaking and making it your own. Have fun and be safe!!
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Well thought out. The "sofa" feel of the RT compared top the "cruiser" feel of the F3 does kick in. Errrrrrrr....don't forget the picture or two.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

& on your new Ryde
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Ride on, ride on, ride on..... Personal preference are really the #1 reason to buy the bike you want.
    Welcome and may your new steed bring you many, many happy miles and smiles, they are beautiful looking Spyders....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    Thank you for all your advice. I took the plunge and put money down on a new 2016 F3-T. The dealer had an RT, which I drove along with an F3-limited, for the same price but it came down to:
    1. I think there is a lot to that laser alignment stuff since the F3-Limited felt way more stable. But I also think the F3-T felt far more stable due to less sway, being a bit lower to the ground, and a smaller cross section.
    2. I can carry more on the F3-T. Since I would not have a passenger, I can put on a luggage rack. I think with the ability to carry two dry bags I can carry more than with one dry bag and the extra storage on the RT.
    3. The RT does sway more, and I would feel a need to get an aftermarket anti-sway bar for it.
    4. The handlebars on the RT were too low for me. Their adjustability on the F3-limited eliminates the need for triaxis handlebars.
    5. The RT blocked too much wind on the sides for my taste. That negated the electrically adjustable windshield, which I think is super cool.
    6. I have decided I can live without heated handgrips.
    7. Both have radios.
    Great choice!

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Congrats!!!! The hard part is done now enjoy.