Spyder Garage

Default Need Pictures of GIVI Cases with/answers

NMN offers Givi cases and rack from Industries 7 and BRP offers Givi cases with its own proprietary rack. BRP's rack is readily removable and NMN's rack is not (apparently). BRP's placement of the directional lights is somewhat unusual, NMN is more conventional. Pricing is similar with BRP having the advantage when available discounts are used. NMN has an advantage derived from my strong desire to support after-market suppliers.

Is the rear body panel readily removable with either, or both of these alternatives?

Which is best?

I would appreciate seeing pictures of both of these alternatives, if there are any. BRP doesn't provide pictures of the rear of the motorcycle. I haven't seen any pictures of the NMN setup (Industries 7).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    NMN offers Givi cases and rack from Industries 7 and BRP offers Givi cases with its own proprietary rack. BRP's rack is readily removable and NMN's rack is not (apparently). BRP's placement of the directional lights is somewhat unusual, NMN is more conventional. Pricing is similar with BRP having the advantage when available discounts are used. NMN has an advantage derived from my strong desire to support after-market suppliers.

Is the rear body panel readily removable with either, or both of these alternatives?

Which is best?

I would appreciate seeing pictures of both of these alternatives, if there are any. BRP doesn't provide pictures of the rear of the motorcycle. I haven't seen any pictures of the NMN setup (Industries 7).
    Here is my Industries7 setup (Thibault, actually, since I am in Canada). This was the only Givi system available when I purchased my Spyder. I love having the hard bags. For me, there was really no other option.

Cheers,

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Here is my Industries7 setup (Thibault, actually, since I am in Canada). This was the only Givi system available when I purchased my Spyder. I love having the hard bags. For me, there was really no other option.

Cheers,

Bruce
    Are these the 35 liter bags? Does the rear body panel come off easily?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Here is our Spyder. I have never had to take off the rear panels, but they seem to be OK to remove. Maybe a bit of patience, but that's Ok. I personally don't like what the BRP setup looks like. Seems like an after-thought. The mounting rack for I-7 is solid! Even if you wanted to take off the bags and ride with the racks exposed, they don't look bad at all.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Has someone actually confirmed that the BRP racks are "easy off"? I have the factory Givi racks that require the relocation of the turn signals to the rear fender and they are bolted on in three places; 1) front seat bolt, 2) rear seat bolt, 3) rear footpeg bolts. While I can get them off in about ten minutes each side, they are not easy off. Removing the rear panel to access the battery is not easy without removing the rack. That said, I am delighted with the Givi rack and bags and have gotten used to the rear fender turn signals.

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    To answer your questions in order:

1) Yes. V35 bags.
    2) No. It is a bit of a pain in the posterior, but worth it for the convenience of the bags.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

The BRP bags have not been delivered yet...inconclusive as to how they mount or look. Hopefully they will be removeable, like the SW-Motech mounts for many bikes. Turn signals appear to be mounted high, on "funny looking" arms. The I7 mounts do get in the way, but mount the turn signals high. The GIVI mounts are also fixed, and mount the turn signals on the rear fender.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    It will come off easily if you dont push them down to hard (1-2 milimeters) when you put them on. I have Givi rack.
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got the racks that came from the dealers, so probably BRP. I can remove the back panel either with the rack on or by removing the left or right section of the rack, which is just as easy. If you are going to to take the panel off with the rack on, it helps to lubricate the plastic with a smear of carnuba wax on the parts that are likely to contact the rack. Ease the panel out by lifting the front of the panel. It may help to slack the bolt under the seat a bit for added clearance. When the panel is back in place, just buff in the wax with a rag.
    If you intend to remove a battery, you will have to remove the left hand portion of the rack. Remove the bolt under the seat, the bolt on the passenger peg and the 2 bolts at the rear that connect the LH portion to the rest of the rack. The section comes away easily. When reinstalling, loosely do up the seat and peg bolts and use a tapered drift or alignment pin to line up one set of the rear holes while inserting a bolt in the other set of holes. It's quite quick and easy.

Spyder Garage

I doubt you have actual BRP racks as they are not out yet. Many dealers have been selling the IND7 or GIVI ones instead.

I have the BRP ones on order. There was no way I was going to re-locate my turn signals onto the rear fender as the GIVI one wants you to do - that is just ugly.

The BRP and IND7 units are very similar and I don't think the re-mounted turn signals look bad on either. The IND7 seems to mount using the seat bolts - the BRP looks like the front mounts go through the rear 'vent' in the side panels and mount directly to the frame.

I also believe the BRP racks themselves might be quick release units - so I took the plunge and ordered them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I doubt you have actual BRP racks as they are not out yet. Many dealers have been selling the IND7 or GIVI ones instead.

I have the BRP ones on order. There was no way I was going to re-locate my turn signals onto the rear fender as the GIVI one wants you to do - that is just ugly.

The BRP and IND7 units are very similar and I don't think the re-mounted turn signals look bad on either. The IND7 seems to mount using the seat bolts - the BRP looks like the front mounts go through the rear 'vent' in the side panels and mount directly to the frame.

I also believe the BRP racks themselves might be quick release units - so I took the plunge and ordered them.
    The turn signals are mounted on the center section of the rack, not the fender, on mine, so possibly it is an IND7. They don't look bad to my eye at all, and they offer one less step in removing the rear panels, as you don't have to reach inside to undo the tail light wires.

RT-S PE#0338
    Spyder Garage

I have the GIVI V35 bags, and the IND7 racks from NMN, and while installing a 12V outlet on the dash(?) next to the instrument cluster, had to remove the left rear body panel. Yes, I had to remove the rack to get the panel off. As I wanted the outlet to be switched, and the switched accessories fuse is only 3 amps, I installed a relay which switches the power line directly from the battery and has an inline 10A fuse, to the 12V outlet on the console. 4 bolts needed to be removed on the left side rack, but came off very quicky.