Thread: GARMIN BASECAMP

Spyder Garage

Default GARMIN BASECAMP

I am interested in trying Garmin Basecamp for trip/route planning, but I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about how it works. I plan to do a Google and/or YouTube search for tutorials, but would like some advice from those who have actually used it as to its ease of use (or not). Billybovine, maybe you could chime in? You seem to know a lot about Garmin. I have a 660 Zumo. Thanks in advance.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default How to Use BaseCamp an Instructional Guide

FJRWILLIE posted this information back in July of 2016. I haven't needed to use it, so kindly let us know how successful you are.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=base+camp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspyder View Post
    FJRWILLIE posted this information back in July of 2016. I haven't needed to use it, so kindly let us know how successful you are.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=base+camp
    Thank you, I did find this thread after I originally posted my question. Found some YouTube tutorials also. I just have to sort through them all, and I will let everyone know how it goes.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I don't know if any of the sites you found will tell you, but Garmin doesn't support BaseCamp for the 660, it's hidden in some small print on their site. Turn points will transfer just fine, but it's hit or miss when you transfer a route to the 660. Sometimes when I did a route transfer my 660 didn't know it had a route at all, other times it transferred the route but dropped some turn points, and sometimes the route transferred with no problem. Garmin says to use their MapQuest. It's no longer supported, but routes transfer better. You can use BaseCamp to create the route and then use MapQuest as a go-between for BaseCamp and the 660.
    2017 RT Limited