Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billz View Post
    IdahoMtnSpyder,

I guess I am one of those who likes to take the twisties fast. I don't mean "crazy", just comfortable. I learned to ride in the Sierra's, haven't been up to your neck of the woods yet, but I am looking forward to it. Used to live north of Seattle and went to Spokane and Cour'd laine. I would need to ride some of those roads that would have the Spyder rated so high in the curves... They might not be what we consider curves. Yes the Spyder is a great bike for what it is and I enjoy the ride except in the twisties.
    Bill, I was stationed in Whidbey Island and road thru lots of country up there even in the cold rain. Love take the spyder up there and go thru that area again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well, I ryde the Sierras almost every weekend! I can haul a*# down highway 49 between Coulterville and Mariposa ( aka” The Little Dragon” ) and keep up with sport bikes. We just did a ryde that took us Over Sonora Pass, Monitor Pass, and Ebbetts Pass and we took it HARD! Are those considered “curves”, where you come from? The Spyder is a very capable machine when the one with the handle bars learns how to RYDE it! Oh and this last summer we rode from Coeur d’Alene to Walla Walla through those same twisties you mentioned. The only modification I have is a $200.00 sway bar. And I rode from Nor Cal to Valcourt Quebec Canada before we put that on. So learn to ryde, just like you learned how to ride your Beamer, and you will start to be amazed. I would suggest that you take the 3 wheel class offered by BRP!
    I was going to say something similar, but I think you covered it. It will take awhile to unlearn motorcycle habits and replace them with Spyder habits. Once you're really comfortable, you'll be able to drive the twisties just as fast or faster than most on 2 wheels. When we ride with our 2 wheeled friends, they usually have me lead because they don't want to hold me up in the twisties. Just rode with a neighbor for the first time a couple months back and he had me lead in the canyons when we got home he seemed at a loss for words about the spyder. "It must be because there's two wheels up front?". A day or two later his wife came by and told me that I was a badass. So I'm going to guess that the spyder surpassed his expectations in the twisties.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's nothing I don't like about the Spyder. The longer I have it and ride it, the more pleased I am with it. I've made many mods, but I do that with anything motorized.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It's a good thing that there is a seat for every butt. I drank the koolaid and bought the RTL. Pounded lots of money into it to create comfort and handling . Took classes and gave it every opportunity to win our respect but in the end after 15k miles it just didn't measure up so now it lives in a neighbor's garage. For those that find bliss in the tricycle enjoy it but I will stick with two until I can't rIde and then get a convertible.

Spyder Garage

I seen posts about handling and some mentioning they can't keep up with "Ultras". In response to that I say Spyders are different need to learn to ride it within its own dynamic. This machine can be ridden at very fast pace on twisty roads and I have no trouble keeping up with any spirited ride full of BMW's and well ridden Harleys and have frequently left those Beemers in the dust on mountain passes. Here's the thing: A Spyder is not going to be graceful and smooth like a two wheeler. To go fast you will have to be willing to move around and use body english to make it turn. You will be amazed at how fast you can go. Just throw yourself to the inside of the turn and steer the hell out of it. It won't let you down. (Your passenger will not like it so I don't recommend you carry one when blowing down mountain roads.)
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    There's nothing I don't like about the Spyder. The longer I have it and ride it, the more pleased I am with it. I've made many mods, but I do that with anything motorized.
    The more I rode the more I tired of it. I believe the tired part was gearing up all the time. After 10 years I traded it in for a new Jeep Wrangler, and pull the top panels for air and rain in my face. No gear required.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob204bc View Post
    (Your passenger will not like it so I don't recommend you carry one when blowing down mountain roads.)
    HA! so true... precisely why I have replaced the back seat with storage.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White