Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default YOU NOTICED THAT TOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    My most annoying thing is the marshmallow rear tire. Who's dumb idea was it to put the valve stem where it is so hard to get too.
    That would be the effects of "HIGHER" edgamacation and teaching the common sense right out of a person!!Mad Mac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I continue to see people complain about having to lift their foot to brake. . But I have owned over 25 cars, and I had to lift my foot to mash the brakes on all of them. . Is braking really that hard for some?
    Yes! When every other bike I have ever owned, since 1958, doesn't require a leg lift to foot brake this is a safety issue.

Fortunately my RTL has a hand brake should I need an immediate brake.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    BRP won't put a handbrake on the Spyders... ever! (Told to me by a BRP Spyder Design Team Member... )
    And I will NEVER buy another BRP product!

Spyder Garage

BRP customer care and BRP warranty.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default YES

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    BRP customer care and BRP warranty.
    BRP, and their indifference to consumers after the purchase! Sure glad I didn't buy one of their snowmobiles or jet skis and I won't be buying one of their side-by-sides.

Spyder Garage

Default more

my only complaint is; i can't ride 2 or more SPYD3RS at any one time.... or ride while i'm sleeping....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

I would like to see adjustable pegs and bars on RT like the F3, shaft drive to get rid of vibration issue. and see more motor exposed to make servicing easy'r I feel the F3 is on track but more s needed. Also the RT is so wide in the front highway pegs are not use able.

Spyder Garage

Default It would ease the other complaints--------

MORE POWER If I can handle the much higher power of my last 3 motorcycles I could handle it on the .
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Less Power and torque on rainy days when the ride leader has a death wish. My wheels kept wanting to spin when I gave it too much gas.
    Make the break pedal harder to get to. I dont have to lift my foot to break and need the exercise.
    Vibration? Dont know what your talkin about, I just loosened the belt from 200 to 180 and 90% of it went away. I have a RR Damper that I just bought and not sure If I will use it.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

No seriously, Why did my 2014 ST limited come with a Garmin Zumo and my new F3 limited did not?
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Why Did they make the Front valve stems so short, you cant get a Tire Pressure monitor on them. If they did that, they need an internal TPM like most cars have.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    No seriously, Why did my 2014 ST limited come with a Garmin Zumo and my new F3 limited did not?
    Same reason my 2012 RTS L did, and my 2017 F3T L didn't.

But, the Zumo isn't that great anyway for the almost $1k that they want to charge for the upgrade...

Personally I saw this as an opportunity, and have gone with the aftermarket Garmin 61 LMT-S, certainly larger at 7" and much better resolution!!
    2017 F3T Limited; Can-Am Driver Backrest, Can-Am Tall Boy Windshield, Can-Am Passenger Armrests, Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMT, brake rod extension, Super loud 131 DB air horn
    2012 RTS Limited; Custom Corbin seat Bomber Jacket Brown w/Dual Butt Heater, Gas Door, Driver Backrest, Web Boards, Bad Boy Air Horn, Baja Ron Sway Bar, Spyder Brake Pad, Right Vent Heat Block, Cargo nets, Drink holders

Spyder Garage

Default What Don't I Like About The Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    There are lots of threads on why you LIKE the Spyder, but how 'bout some of the things you don't like or wish they would change, within reason, whether it's doable or not.
    For me, in no particular order,
    1. At, or above highway speeds, the steering is really touchy and it takes alot of concentration. I'd much rather drive on slower, twisty and turny roads.
    2. I wish there was a way to somehow put the SE into neutral without having to come to a full stop.
    3. Mine has the black satin matte finish. It's a pain to keep clean and spot free
    4. I don't think the radio is as good as some people think.
    5. The belt vibrations were annoying, but I have since put the belt tensioner on and it is a great improvement.
    6. I'm starting to sound like a broken record talking to everyone who comes up and wants to talk about my Spyder. ( Ok...that one really isn't so bad. I enjoy people wanting to talk about it)
    I have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5 in magnesium silver. What I don't like, is the gas mileage, or more specifically, how far one is able to ride with 6 gallons of gas. Mine, with judicious use of the throttle, is able to obtain around 130 miles before requiring a gas stop.

Spyder Garage

With a whopping 120 miles of experience, I'd say...
    1. Why have the analog speedo go to 200? Top to a "reasonable" number and put a bit more spacing between the rest of the digits.
    2. Reconfigure some of the left-hand switches...I hit the horn instead of upshifting 3 times yesterday!
    Looking forward to getting used to these 2 and finding others over the next 120 miles
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I ride a 16 RTL with about 6k miles, the things I dislike are; helmet locks (since they don't fit in the compartments), I can't attach helmets under the seats when they have communicators. Also i'd like to see a USB port on the dash. I'd also like a shaft drive, I'm not sure why a machine as large as this still uses a belt. I really love my spyder and wish I'd purchased it long ago. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    1. Why have the analog speedo go to 200? Top to a "reasonable" number and put a bit more spacing between the rest of the digits.
    The top speed of the Spyder is less than 200 km/hr! The gauges can be switched to metric.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    2. Reconfigure some of the left-hand switches...I hit the horn instead of upshifting 3 times yesterday!
    Looking forward to getting used to these 2 and finding others over the next 120 miles
    Please note that the Spyder is available in other countries where Kilometers not miles are the unit of measure not miles. So when in one of those countries you can switch the speedometer to KPH. IMG_2785.jpgMy wife was not going 131 mph when she took this picture in Ontario Canada!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's sunny and there's 4-6" of fresh powder out. I don't like that the spyder doesn't have room to fit snow tires and an off switch for the nanny so I can get out of my driveway and do donuts in the street!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Improvements

All Very Good Ideas. 1. A Key with a Hole. 2. Tire Options. Dealers are allow to LET the customer choose a BETTER Tire and then are willing to INSTALL These Tires. 3. A Frunk That was designed to hold a Large Full Face Helmet or Better yet 2 Full Face Helmets with Headsets. 4. A Larger Foot Brake Pedal. 5. Turning signal Lights at mirrors that the Ryder can SEE, IF they are STILL ON. 5. Better Quality Speakers and Volume Control For the Rear Speakers. 6. PLUS
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

In my opinion the whole bike is shoddily made, everthing only fits where it touches
    If the body was not curved in front of the foot rests but squared off away from the footrests you could put your feet further forward
    The original RT seat is the wrong shape for a bike, why not make comfort seat standard insted of ripping us off for it
    they should use right angle pump connectors on the rear tyre, other manufacturers do
    If they dished the rear wheel the opposite way, mounted the brake discand the belt pulley together then used a single sided swing arm, the rear wheel could be mounted like a car wheel, 5 nuts and its off, BMW do that.
    Shape the back of the exhaust so you could get a torque wrench on the axle nut, with the above you wouldn't need to
    I used to think this bike was a pile of junk 'til I bought a 24 year old golwing, now I think it's a REAL pile of junk.
    Take the frunk off to replace the headlamp bulbs(UK model)
    I woudn't buy another one, I always advise people who talk to me about it to steer well clear of one.
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    50$ GPS connected to oem loom
    Trunk & Frunk Liners and lights
    Frunk and dashboard power outlets
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    Turn signal LEDs in mirrors
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light
    Windscreen wiper/ baguette holder

If I wasn't so cleverI wouldn't need to be so good looking.
    2014 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

My list:

1. hate the wait between turning the key and ability to start the engine; with modern computer technology it should be simple enough for BRP to offer a reprogramming for very little cost.
    2. I would prefer a 1330 diesel engine over the gas; it would provide two or three times the torque and probably three times the fuel mileage
    3. a gas tank that is easier to fill to the top; takes waaaaay too long to get that last gallon in
    4. prefer a shaft drive over a belt any day
    5. would have been easy to design top-case to hold full face helmets. the way it is now is a pretty silly design on the RT L

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Not yet. I only have <2000 miles on it and I'm not sure if I just need to get use to it stock or decide if the extra money spent for the sway bar and laser alignment is really worth it
    We rode one without the sway bar before buying the RT w have now. Don't wait on the sway bar; it makes a huge difference.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    In a car you are sitting on your butt and there is little to no pressure on your braking foot. On the Spyder a significant amount of weight is on your feet (or should be) AND is required for proper balance. Therefore, raising your right foot to brake can alter your balance (and that of the trike) AND slow down your braking response.

This would not be a problem if the Spyder came stock with a hand brake but the vast majority do not have this feature. I do, and use it almost exclusively even though the effort would be difficult for riders without my arm strength.

To BRP: If you are going to put only one brake pedal on the Spyder make sure it is useful IMMEDIATELY (which means, without having to move your foot from normal riding position). THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE!
    I'm wondering why you feel the need to put so much downward pressure on your feet. There is no need to be pressing down unless you want to press down on the inside foot during aggressive turns. Otherwise, it has three wheels and will balance itself quite nicely. I've even been known to move my feet around, lift my toes from time to time and even hang my feet off to the sides of the floor board to have a variety of positions during very long rides.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Models

I watched the video of the 2020 RT and they made a few changes.

I believe BRP needs to really take a Good LONG Look at the Competition takes on Touring Motorcycles.

BRP .....Look.....Listen....Ask..... then.....Build.

I will wait another year and see what happens.....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Not sure why the belt drive, but for the most part, I don't have a problem with it. I wish more bikes had it - it's easier to maintain and quieter than a chain, less parasitic loss than a shaft. Still, shaft drive would be nice.

The plastic encased nuts need a re-design. And for god's sake, use stainless!

A F%$#! rebuild kit for the calipers would be GREAT!. Having to replace a $300 caliper because $50 worth of seals needs to be replaced....

Fuel door. On the 2020, you still have to lift the seat, even though it's only the front part.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange