Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Will the 20s pair with a 10s, I have two 10s and I just ordered a 20s which hasn't arrived yet. I really didn't care for the 10s so I'm hoping I'll like the 20s better. I am hoping it will work with the 10s I have on my guest helmet so I'll still be able to communicate with a passenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    You understand correctly. That is the function SENA calls audio multitasking. Moving up to the 20 series also gets you digital noise cancellation for a muck quieter ride with clearer communications. In pairs at least, the 20s is a big step up.

Spyder Garage

OK, here's the latest for anyone who is interested.

I bought a pair of SENA 20S units for use on the Spyder. The intercom connects almost immediately. That solved the problem we were having with the delayed intercom connection allowing us to better point out scenery, etc.

This left me with a pair of SENA SMH-10 headsets that took 5 to 10 seconds to go into intercom mode.
    What to do ? I couldn't sell them, seeing as how I was dissatisfied with their performance.

So I recycled them !!!

I mounted them to each ski helmet. We keep the units in standby to save the battery while on the lift, and just turn the intercom on while going down the slopes. It's not an issue of it takes a few seconds to connect initially.
    This way I can talk to the remarkable Susan while skiing.

What a BLAST !!.

The only downside is, I look a little dorky with the headset and my camera both mounted on my helmet.
    Well,maybe I'm pretty dorky all the time..........................................

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

FILE0283.jpg
    PH000008.jpg
    FILE0191.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    I just leave mine on intercom all the time. No need to tap any buttons.
    x 2. That tap the button and wait thingy looses its luster fast. And...what if you have to communicate quickly in a pending emergency. "Pothole left/right !" etc.

We just leave the line open all the time. It does not have any effect on battery life. We can ride all day and not run out of juice. Sometimes, if we forget to charge, we can still go another day or two.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-06-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    x 2. That tap the button and wait thingy looses its luster fast. And...what if you have to communicate quickly in a pending emergency. "Pothole!" etc.

We just leave the line open all the time. It does not have any effect on battery life. We can ride all day and not run out of juice. Sometimes, if we forget to charge, we can still go another day or two.
    On the Spyder, we listen to music through the headsets when not chatting with each other. That's why we have to tap the button when we want to talk. On the slopes, we just need the intercom.

2 Capture Susan.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey