Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
Two weeks for the round trip would be pushing it. To enjoy it plan on a week to get there and a week to return. Than add in how long you want to be in Alaska. I would say three weeks total would be the minimum.
The last time Kathy and I went we were part of the first NTA group and we took 4 weeks and felt that was to short.
The first time we did it on a HD Road King. We only took 3 weeks for that and did I not see as much of Alaska as we wanted to, and had to do very long days in the saddle.
I agree about the time involved. I did the 2 routes I have based only on miles per day between overnight stops. One was based on about 400 miles a day going to Tok, Alaska and over the top of the world hwy and return south. That showed 14 days of riding every day which wouldn't allow for time for other things. The other route had days riding about 300 miles a day going to Skagway and back with about 10 days of riding. It doesn't take into account other stops, pictures, meal times etc. But you have to start somewhere in the planning process and it depends on what the consensus of the group was.