Spyder Garage

Default Who Wants To Ride This Weekend - We Are In Richmond, VA

Calling all riders of 2 wheels and 3 wheel motorcycles. We are in Richmond, VA
    We are going to ride this weekend October 14 and 15. We are not sure where we are going. We can make it a 1 day ride or a 2 day ride. Who wants to ride? Where do you want to go? Trikes – Spyders or not Spyders are welcome and 2 Wheelers are welcome also. We just want to ride!! Who wants to join us?🤔😎
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default We are doing the Skyline Drive This Weekend - Supposed to be near or at peak foliage!

The wife and I live in Hampton. The plan so far is to take 250 (paralleling I64) to Waynesboro Saturday noon-ish. Check in at the Holiday Inn Express at I64 at exit 94. Visit some friends and maybe go to the Fall Festival in Waynesboro (I believe it is that weekend).

Then take off Sunday morning 7am-ish for Afton mountain entrance and head North up Skyline Drive to Front Royal (should take 5-6 hours with stops). Assuming we take most of the day, spend the night in Warrenton on Rt17, just outside Front Royal. Depending on time and sore butts, might drive straight through to Richmond and save the hotel money for a nice steak dinner!

A discussion is going on, on the "Gloucester virginia and surrounding areas canam spyder riding group" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4888...group_activity

Always nice to have a little backup and company!

Steve

Spyder Garage

I am strongly considering leaving Richmond Thursday afternoon (around 3:30/4:00 PM) and taking the interstate to the spyder rally at Maggie Valley. After breakfast on Friday I plan on checking out the rally/vendors/other spyders and then taking the rest of Friday and Saturday to make my way back towards Raphine, VA and then towards Richmond, by Saturday afternoon, via the best twisty and scenic back roads. I don't ride like an idiot, but I do tend to spend all day enjoying my music and the views while relaxing in the saddle.
    Eddy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    The wife and I live in Hampton. The plan so far is to take 250 (paralleling I64) to Waynesboro Saturday noon-ish. Check in at the Holiday Inn Express at I64 at exit 94. Visit some friends and maybe go to the Fall Festival in Waynesboro (I believe it is that weekend).

Then take off Sunday morning 7am-ish for Afton mountain entrance and head North up Skyline Drive to Front Royal (should take 5-6 hours with stops). Assuming we take most of the day, spend the night in Warrenton on Rt17, just outside Front Royal. Depending on time and sore butts, might drive straight through to Richmond and save the hotel money for a nice steak dinner!

A discussion is going on, on the "Gloucester virginia and surrounding areas canam spyder riding group" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4888...group_activity

Steve
    Route 6 is a more interesting ride than 250. Route 6 will take you straight to 250, BRP, I-64, and Skyline Dr near waynesboro at the top of Alton Mountain. Route 6 shouldn't add much, if any time or distance to your trip but it is a better ride in my opinion.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Wherever you go--have a great time and ride safe.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post

Steve
    Hi Steve,
    We can only go Saturday and Sunday of this week because of my work. i hope you and the wife have fun this weekend. Thank you for the invite.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RT Eddy View Post
    I am strongly considering leaving Richmond Thursday afternoon (around 3:30/4:00 PM) and taking the interstate to the spyder rally at Maggie Valley. After breakfast on Friday I plan on checking out the rally/vendors/other spyders and then taking the rest of Friday and Saturday to make my way back towards Raphine, VA and then towards Richmond, by Saturday afternoon, via the best twisty and scenic back roads. I don't ride like an idiot, but I do tend to spend all day enjoying my music and the views while relaxing in the saddle.
    Eddy
    Hi RT Eddy
    We can only go Saturday and Sunday of this week because of my work. i hope you have fun this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Wherever you go--have a great time and ride safe.

Hi akspyderman

Thank you!