Spyder Garage

Default My can am spyder pRice Quote

final price would be 27,936, That seems a little high. Am I crazy? is this a good deal? Its the limited version.spyder quote .jpg

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer is important

Service is top priority in the purchase of any Spyder. Price you show seems to be fair - and if they are a dealer with a good service dept. and good reviews from other owners, you have found a great combination. Go for it.

Enjoy the ride.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I cant tell what model that is. End of July I was able to snag a new 2017 F3T for 21,099 OTD. I was able to find the best deal at one of my local dealerships but the next one up was imotorsports and I know they have a few smoking deals left. One good thing is that they delivery for free within the US. You should check them out to see if they have what you are looking for.

Spyder Garage

2017-spyder-f-3-limited-preview-1.jpgits this exact one. 2017 f3T limited

Spyder Garage

The short answer: YES. There are several threads about what to watch for buying a Spyder.

Give them a search (Try: dealer reserve). That should bring you to one of mine. Dealers don't like what I say--but my title says Consumer Advocate.

You are looking at a MSRP deal here. Plus shipping, plus set up of a $1,000. Most of us do not pay either. Add in other things--like trade in, extra (paid for) warranty, credit life insurance, financing, etc. and you can get taken to the cleaners.

I am thinking you can do much better. I bought my recent brand new (2015) leftover Kawasaki from a Spyder dealer. I ended up getting 25% off of list, and got the accessories installed free.

Due diligence is recommended.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-09-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

a '17 F3 LTD

msrp is 29,849

sales price is 25,847
    =pretty decent discount there, 4 grand! (a 14% discount)
    and it's a new bike not a 2 year old leftover

then another 1000 off the total with some kind of coupon
    It isn't at all bad to me
    squeeze for the 199 dealer fee to be dropped, they are grabbing 499 for set up.

your final price includes sales tax, tag and title of 1800 dollars=that will be on any purchase, do not get hung up on that

make sure they correct the final numbers in the middle section, looks like they didn't carry the 1000 coupon to that total

don't put it off, there's good weather for riding this week
    I'm thinking it's a good deal and they do have a good service dept. to boot
    Last edited by ofdave; 10-09-2017 at 03:24 PM.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

I did the search for you.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. The price is going to vary, depending on the local market, and dealer.

Bad news: Farkles are worth nothing on a trade in. They make the bike yours, but buyers of used, do not go Ga ga over them. You might remove some of the most expensive and try to sell them--but remember, 10 cents on the dollar is typical for "used" items. Lots of for sale ads with hundreds of views will demonstrate this fact.

RE Blue Books: note a gap of $2K to $4K between wholesale, and re-sale price. There is a lot to play with there.

Here are a few additional tips:

: Trade in is only a part of the price.
    : MSRP is a starting point.
    : Check with banks about financing if you are going to do that. Sometimes you can get a better rate.
    : Rates: Dealers Reserve: If you let some dealers find the rate--they sometimes give you a rate that is 2 to 3 points above the actual lenders rate. You sign on the dotted line, and they pocket the difference.
    : Accessories: There is a large markup there. See if you can negotiate "free" installation or a discount off of not installed items (clothing, etc.)
    : Extended warranties: You have two years before making a decision on BEST. I would wait. Dealer gets a big chunk there.
    : Delivery charges and set up: I don't pay them. Tough noogies to the dealer.
    : Extra insurance: Never.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That seems to be a little high on the price. My local dealer has the F3-Limited at $23,999 and then only charges a $199 doc fee. Freight and setup are already included.
    If I were to buy one and I do have that extra $1,000 off from Can Am which brings the price down to $22,999 - $15,000 down + $199 doc fee, $2012 is sales tax = total financed
    would be $10,210 @ $230.08 for 48 months.

Go on www.cycletrader.com and check other prices.

Spyder Garage

F3 Limited price from my dealer (Bradford Marine)

out the door price 25,994

and we have one in stock

Call me if interested, Cruzr Joe 501 580-5595 (Little Rock, Arkansas)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default REBATE

I received a 'REBATE' offer from BRP today... It's for $4500 OFF for a NEW SPYD3R....
    awesome deal... has anyone else received this flyer...?
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    20171010_162351.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    I received a 'REBATE' offer from BRP today... It's for $4500 OFF for a NEW SPYD3R....
    awesome deal... has anyone else received this flyer...?
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    20171010_162351.jpg
    Not yet--but I am usually about a week behind you folks.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    F3 Limited price from my dealer (Bradford Marine)

out the door price 25,994

and we have one in stock

Call me if interested, Cruzr Joe 501 580-5595 (Little Rock, Arkansas)

a good price
    does that include Florida sales tax, tag and title fee?

Spyder Garage

The original poster hasn't been back to tell us about his new Spyder.
    My guess is that he was scared away by all the "you can do better" info which wasn't really correct..
    Too bad, he would have enjoyed his new ride.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PRICING

Quote Originally Posted by AraņaRider View Post
    final price would be 27,936, That seems a little high. Am I crazy? is this a good deal? Its the limited version.spyder quote .jpg
    Dear Lady (?) ( no gender in Bio ) IMHO finding a good/great Service Dept ( which has nothing to do with the who the dealer is )...is a total Crap shoot. annnnnd it's been said here, many many times the selling Dealer will give you a better place in line for service/ maintenance work --- HOOEY .... that's not been reported here with any consistency.... There are some dealers, that EXPECT You to pay for their children's College education ..... AND your above price is for a LEFT-OVER, you drive it off His/Her property and it just lost 20 to 25% of what you just paid ...... If you use ten dollar bills to instead of charcoal for your then none of the above matters ..... good luck and ride safe .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-22-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Do you think I should stop printing what I think is "helpful" information on these posts? (#7 above) I note that I get no likes/thank you's every time I post the information. I know dealers don't like it...to many secrets to profit given up. Those that bought first and then ask usually feel burned also. Should I quit the helpful advice???

Many deals are going to be composed of "combinations" of the above. Not all will or should happen. There is a big dollar gap to play with. Just want everyone to get their fair share--including the dealer--who needs a fair profit margin to stay in business and be able to give good service also.

Due diligence with a particular "out the door" price that is fair to both parties is the goal. My suggested items are "ways" to achieve that goal. I bought the last two cars and two motorcycles cash, no trade. Others were with some kind of trade. Lots of variables for those who like to "play" the game.

Just trying to be the Consumer Advocate...per my title. ??????
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-23-2017 at 02:20 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Dear Lady (?) ( no gender in Bio ) IMHO finding a good/great Service Dept ( which has nothing to do with the who the dealer is )...is a total Crap shoot. annnnnd it's been said here, many many times the selling Dealer will give you a better place in line for service/ maintenance work --- HOOEY .... that's not been reported here with any consistency.... There are some dealers, that EXPECT You to pay for their children's College education ..... AND your above price is for a LEFT-OVER, you drive it off His/Her property and it just lost 20 to 25% of what you just paid ...... If you use ten dollar bills to instead of charcoal for your then none of the above matters ..... good luck and ride safe .... Mike

I hear ya. I am terrible negotiator so I don't wanna get ripped off. I don't know how to haggle. so whats fair price OTD for a 2017 limited?

Spyder Garage

the sales invoice is for a 2017.
    Is that a leftover now? In early October of the model year?
    Most dealers don't have any 2018 yet.
    No trade in shown on invoice, so helpful info on trading is not relevant. Neither is info on accessories as none are shown. Ditto for financing as we do not know the rate he was given and ditto for extended warranty as none is shown.
    I think we scared him away.
    Again, too bad. He would enjoy an F3.
    Probably got a Tri Glide instead

Spyder Garage

ofdave sounds like a dealer interest rate? accessories? trade? not important. I Just wanted to know if the above price was fair. I realize now that it is not a good deal for a left over.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AraņaRider View Post
    ofdave sounds like a dealer interest rate? accessories? trade? not important. I Just wanted to know if the above price was fair. I realize now that it is not a good deal for a left over.
    I am far from a dealer.
    Not sure you understand what I said in my last post. I pretty much said the same thing you did. I was pointing out that those questions raised in a different post have no bearing at all on the question you asked. Valid points but irrelevant to your post.
    In as much as a new 2017 in 2017 is considered a "leftover" by you, you should wait for the 2018s, which will likely not be discounted the near 14% you got on the 2017.
    And remember there will be sales tax on each and every vehicle you buy/register in Florida so that number will be added to the sales price. Getting the best final sales price is what one wants. Getting hung up on the number being higher because of the sales tax is a waste of time-it can't be avoided.
    The deal you were offered was not bad. I believe there is likely room to shave the dealer fee or the set up fee (or both) if you can live with a leftover.
    Or you can wait a few months and hope the discounts grow for the 2017s, they probably will.
    All you need to do is look the guy in the eye and tell him what you'd pay. He'll either say yes or no.
    If yes, you ride. If no, you keep shopping. Why some are fearful of that procedure, I'll never understand.
    Hope you find one, it's getting to be our best riding season here in Fl.
    Last edited by ofdave; 10-22-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Go to iMotorsports website, they are a site sponsor here. They got that price beat by thousands and have free shipping.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander