Spyder Garage

Default Ohio to Key West

Just returned from a bike trip, Bryan Ohio to Key West Florida back up through Panama City Florida where we met our wives. 3500+ miles riding my 2014 RTS. The Spyder ran flawlessly. Only problem I had it hydroplaned during a heavy rain, scared the s--t out of me. I'm 73 years old never to old for a good bike ride. Neil

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

Congratulations on a great trip!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Very Nice....

Now that is a nice ryde....did the west Palm to connecticut and really enjoyed it though before the spyder came to be. Done the west Palm to Key West which is awesome. Must of been a great ryde side from the rain..No picture at the southernmost point in the USA..?? at which point you are closer to Cuba than the mainland....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    Just returned from a bike trip, Bryan Ohio to Key West Florida back up through Panama City Florida where we met our wives. 3500+ miles riding my 2014 RTS. The Spyder ran flawlessly. Only problem I had it hydroplaned during a heavy rain, scared the s--t out of me. I'm 73 years old never to old for a good bike ride. Neil
    Neil, I take it the 'cane damage was cleaned up enough in the Keys for Spyder Access?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Neil, I take it the 'cane damage was cleaned up enough in the Keys for Spyder Access?
    Key West was open doing business. Damage in some of the trailer parks. Some of the shops were doing drywall work but for the most part Key West was good.
    Further north, Marathon was in bad shape. Mountains of trash pilled twenty feet high or more along the Highway. Palm trees, appliances, boats just trash. Smelled bad.

I was very happy with my spyder except for the hydroplaning. I need to research into a better back tire. I have a Michelin installed now. I rode with a Goldwing, Yamaha and of course a Harley. It seemed that the spyder was quicker than the others.