Thread: Ice Chest?

Spyder Garage

Default Ice Chest?

Anyone carrying an ice chest on their Spyder for camping and/or touring? I am interested in something I can strap down to Luggage Rack on 2016 F3-L.

Thanks

TomG

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Julie and I use a Coleman soft sided zipper top unit we got at Camping World, but
    since then we have seen them at sporting goods stores like Dick's, Bass Pros and such.
    it holds plenty of drinks and foods and has a hard plastic liner that is removable that you can
    use or leave home. We freeze 1 or 2 bottles of the water and use that for cooling. it works great.
    ALSO.... Since I do upholstery and have the stuff to do it, I added 4 loops and straps to the
    bottom to strap it down to the rack so you can get into it without needing to untie any straps holding it on.
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Anyone carrying an ice chest on their Spyder for camping and/or touring? I am interested in something I can strap down to Luggage Rack on 2016 F3-L.

Thanks

TomG

Spyder Garage

can't go wrong with a hopper from YETI!!!!

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

Check out A&O Coolers. I have this one that fits the saddlebag on my Victory Magnum perfectly. There is no way it will fit the saddle bag of the F3T tho. They might have some other ones available that will fit. If there is one that will fit, they are great coolers. They keep everything cold for well over 24 hours. I normally just toss in 4 frozen 20oz water bottles on top of whatever drinks we take with us. Here is a link to their website and a picture of the one I use.

https://www.aocoolers.com

My my wife has been using a Coleman soft cooler (6pack size) in the fronk.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

went with a Marine cooler with wheels and handle that extendable. Got tired of carrying coolers all the time to the hotel room

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not a full sized ice chest but I've carried a soft sided six pack sized one in the frunk.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default thanks all

Just splurged on the Yeti Hopper Two

TomG

Spyder Garage

Default Good Ole Igloo

Had a lime green Igloo on the hitch rack I got from Show Chrome. It was great. matched the stripes on my F3 Limited. Forgot to tie it down on a trip and it went dragging down the road. Haven't replaced it yet.