Spyder Garage

Default Coolant tank replacement

Looking for advise on easiest way or maybe the only way to replace the coolant resevoir on a 2012 spyder Rt mine is leaking somewhere in the middle of the tank and I woild like to replace it myself thanks in advance for any advise

Spyder Garage

Hi PR Spyder rt,

Re: Looking for advise on easiest way or maybe the only way to replace the coolant resevoir on a 2012 spyder Rt

I had mine replaced last year by a local independent mechanic on my '08 GS.

Just recently I had almost all of my Tupperware off; once you get the plastic off of the Spyder, it does look fairly straightforward of a job to replace. You just should be handy with tools, seeing how to do it, etc.

One difficulty my mechanic had was removing the Oetiker clamps; they can be a real b****. Be careful & try to not damage the hoses that come into/out of the tank.

And I would suggest getting new screw drive type of clamps when installing the new bottle. These are sometimes known as water pump clamps.

Hey, you asked for advice,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Thanks a bunch just waiting on the part to come in hopefully its a breeze all ready bought clamps

Spyder Garage

Default simple fix

Upon removing most of the RH side tupperware,replacement was straightforward. Mine is an 11 and leaked at the seam right in the middle,in fact under pressure,it leaked right in my face.As was mentioned,careful with the hoses.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

Thankyou sir will try it out and ill try to remember about the hoses hopefully it'll work out