Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New paint and mods for Black Widow

It took me long enough to get this far in changing Black Widow, but it was well worth the stress. My mods are fog lights,Highway peg brackets, Kury hand grips and pegs powder coated, Kewl Metal radiator web cover and rear turn signals, NMN rear center tail light and spyder logos, shock covers from ebay, 17" rims by Immortal Kustoms, Refurbished stock seat, Hindle pipe and heat shield painted black, custom paint and airbrushing done by B & A Customs. They are going to take my stock front fenders and widen them to fit the 17" rims and tires. I had bought a set from Immortal but they were made to heavy, so we are trying a different approach.

The rims he designed look great, the people that made them took 3 months to make them, but maybe he did not put the order in when I gave him the money. More West Coast Spyder members here in CA, are thinking about getting bigger rims. We have found more rim makers here in CA who want to make different designs.

I will have my axle nut covers from BRP on next week, they are painted the same pink. My custom guy is making a bracket to fit my Zumo 550 on my handle bars, and I just ordered the handle bar raiser from BRP.

P.S. IF YOU LIVE HERE IN CA DO NOT TAKE YOUR BIKE TO SUPERBIKE NATION. THEY PUT MY SPYDERS PULLY BACK ON WRONG TWICE AFTER HAVING IT POWDER COATED. THEY WERE DOING WORK WITH B & A CUSTOMS, BUT NOT ANYMORE AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO MY SPYDER AND OTHER MOTORCYCLES THAT WERE SENT THERE.

Big thank to Pirate Powersports for getting my spyders rim and pully back right after Superbike screwed it up. He also helped me in Vegas when my clutch burned out at the Laughlin River Run.

Now she is all put back together except for front fenders. She is also getting an aluminum trailer to transport her when needed.
    Last edited by Blackwidow74; 05-19-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

Looks very sharp.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GREAT JOB

That is 1 that looks great, cant wait to see the new fenders, Does it steer different with the wide tires, and are you going to Sturgis.

Spyder Garage

Love it!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Looks great. Nice job.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

We are playing around with the air pressure to find the right setting so it won't be so bouncy on the road. Steering is much easier, and it feels different on the freeway at high speeds, but I do love it. I enjoyed riding it to Las Vegas, then to Laughlin for the River Run. I live in CA so going to Sturgis is a long ways for me. I will be at the home coming here in Los Angeles. Other riders here are waiting to see how well my body shop guy does with my fenders because they want bigger rims and tires also.

Spyder Garage

Great looking rims and the powder coated foot peg brackets real sharp.

Spyder Garage

Default nice bike

cant wait to see it in person, r u going to the hom coming at universal. lol.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I can't wait, I feel like a kid waiting for christmas.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    The rims he designed look great, the people that made them took 3 months to make them, but maybe he did not put the order in when I gave him the money.
    Again BW I apologize for that time interval but it was out of my hands. The company we were using to build our wheels just dropped the ball. We do have 4 new designs and have received one set and 3 others were shipped today from our new manufacturer. Much shorter time process now, only takes 1.5 weeks. Sidenote, I just received that other set of batoo's that were supposed to be with yours! Oh well, old news, different situation now. BTW, your bike looks great!!!

Spyder Garage

That's really HOT!!!

Spyder Garage

Cool......

Spyder Garage

love it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    They are going to take my stock front fenders and widen them to fit the 17" rims and tires. I had bought a set from Immortal but they were made to heavy, so we are trying a different approach.
    Also, our fenders only weigh 2 pounds more than stock, which is not too heavy. we have other customers who have had no issues with them. I do remember you stating that your fender brackets were modified by whoever did your custom work and they didnt modify them correctyl. also, your use of the non recommended tire size also contributed to your problems with our fenders. Just wanted everyone to kno the entire story.

Spyder Garage

Default Beautiful

Sweet looking ride, Blackwidow, very sweet!

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Also, our fenders only weigh 2 pounds more than stock, which is not too heavy. we have other customers who have had no issues with them. I do remember you stating that your fender brackets were modified by whoever did your custom work and they didnt modify them correctyl. also, your use of the non recommended tire size also contributed to your problems with our fenders. Just wanted everyone to kno the entire story.
    always good to here both sides of a story good or bad.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    That was every ones opinion when they held them. Yes Superbike did screw them up but I feel that they were heavy to begin with, maybe others like the fenders but not me and all the people that held them. The rims are a good and I am very happy with them. The design goes great with the bike, we are changing the center piece to just have the "Y" in pink. The company that he had making them was terrible. Now it is all over with and my club members are waiting for my fenders to be done by my painter, because they want the same thing.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

as stated before, I am happy you finally got your bike done and it looks great! We do have a new manufacturer and turn around for wheels is 2 weeks and we have stock on some of the new designs as well. Thanks again for the business and enjoy riding!!!

Spyder Garage

Talking

nice job looks great