Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I have the 24 with the vent and no issues
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

I have the 21" and no buffeting...great windshield...tinted....was going to get a vented one but with the large opening at the bottom so open , didn't think a vent would help much

Spyder Garage

2017 F3L. Replaced the low stock shield with an F4 23" tinted, no vent (unnecessary in my view). Buffeting and breeze considerably reduced. Most of wind is now pushed above our heads (both driver and passenger), and we can even ride with open visors, if desired. I'm 5' 10", and see just over top of F4 shield when looking down road, but through shield within 70' to front. No problems. Change-over was quick and simple. Could possibly even have gone with 21". F4 folks are great to deal with.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Why not also have wind protection for you hands and a great shield??

I saw a thread from someone who has an F4 and needed wind and debris protection for his hands. I have the 16" shield in medium grey and can easily see through it at night. This shield has it's own braces and is 3" wider than the stock shield. I get full wind protection for my hands that extends to the end of my bars. This shield adjust up and down as well as in and out angles. This is huge for dialing in for your situation.
    Dennis

https://madstad.com/collections/can-...pyder-f3-t-ltd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    I saw a thread from someone who has an F4 and needed wind and debris protection for his hands. I have the 16" shield in medium grey and can easily see through it at night. This shield has it's own braces and is 3" wider than the stock shield. I get full wind protection for my hands that extends to the end of my bars. This shield adjust up and down as well as in and out angles. This is huge for dialing in for your situation.
    Dennis

https://madstad.com/collections/can-...pyder-f3-t-ltd
    Tge wind protection for the hands is something really lacking on the F3T. I got a good deal on the BRP Tall Boy Mid Height windshield and I like it but wish it offered some hand protection. I think I’ll be buying heated gloves.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I run the 25” vented Gerard. I’m 6’7” and it is about level with my chin, and I get good protection with the wind just hitting the very top of my helmet, right where the air intake on the top of my Shoei sits....perfect. The vent doesn’t seem to make any difference from my perspective though.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 10-08-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I run the 25” vented Gerard. I’m 6’7” and it is about level with my chin, and I get good protection with the wind just hitting the very top of my helmet, right where the air intake on the top of my Shoei sits....perfect. The vent doesn’t seem to make any difference from my perspective though.

Pete
    Thanks Pete,
    Does the 25" screen offer much hand protection?