Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs Windshield for F3 LTD

Has anyone fitted a F4 Customs Touring 25" clear vented Windshield to a F3 LTD and did it solve any buffeting issues?

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Mine is the 24” and absolutely made the ride awesome. Zero buffering for me and my passenger

Spyder Garage

Default 23 inch

I got the 23 inch one. I am 6' 2" and the top of the windshield is eye level it takes a little to get use to but make the ride so much better than the factory.

Spyder Garage

I have the 24 with the vent and no issues
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

I have the 21" and no buffeting...great windshield...tinted....was going to get a vented one but with the large opening at the bottom so open , didn't think a vent would help much

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

2017 F3L. Replaced the low stock shield with an F4 23" tinted, no vent (unnecessary in my view). Buffeting and breeze considerably reduced. Most of wind is now pushed above our heads (both driver and passenger), and we can even ride with open visors, if desired. I'm 5' 10", and see just over top of F4 shield when looking down road, but through shield within 70' to front. No problems. Change-over was quick and simple. Could possibly even have gone with 21". F4 folks are great to deal with.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Why not also have wind protection for you hands and a great shield??

I saw a thread from someone who has an F4 and needed wind and debris protection for his hands. I have the 16" shield in medium grey and can easily see through it at night. This shield has it's own braces and is 3" wider than the stock shield. I get full wind protection for my hands that extends to the end of my bars. This shield adjust up and down as well as in and out angles. This is huge for dialing in for your situation.
    Dennis

https://madstad.com/collections/can-...pyder-f3-t-ltd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    I saw a thread from someone who has an F4 and needed wind and debris protection for his hands. I have the 16" shield in medium grey and can easily see through it at night. This shield has it's own braces and is 3" wider than the stock shield. I get full wind protection for my hands that extends to the end of my bars. This shield adjust up and down as well as in and out angles. This is huge for dialing in for your situation.
    Dennis

https://madstad.com/collections/can-...pyder-f3-t-ltd
    Tge wind protection for the hands is something really lacking on the F3T. I got a good deal on the BRP Tall Boy Mid Height windshield and I like it but wish it offered some hand protection. I think I’ll be buying heated gloves.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I run the 25” vented Gerard. I’m 6’7” and it is about level with my chin, and I get good protection with the wind just hitting the very top of my helmet, right where the air intake on the top of my Shoei sits....perfect. The vent doesn’t seem to make any difference from my perspective though.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 10-08-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I run the 25” vented Gerard. I’m 6’7” and it is about level with my chin, and I get good protection with the wind just hitting the very top of my helmet, right where the air intake on the top of my Shoei sits....perfect. The vent doesn’t seem to make any difference from my perspective though.

Pete
    Thanks Pete,
    Does the 25" screen offer much hand protection?

Spyder Garage

Default F4 just ordered

Just ordered the 23" T&V from http://www.sidsmotorcycleworld.com/. Free shipping and gave a veteran discount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Thanks Pete,
    Does the 25" screen offer much hand protection?
    Not as much as the Madstad, Gerard. But I found the Madstad offered too much hand protection in summer.....it’s roundabouts and swings.D9E1A1F8-240A-4E5E-88E8-2BFD52C103A8.jpg
    Here’s the Madstad overlaid on the F4. The F4 has the wider top and hand cutouts down the bottom.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Not as much as the Madstad, Gerard. But I found the Madstad offered too much hand protection in summer.....it’s roundabouts and swings.D9E1A1F8-240A-4E5E-88E8-2BFD52C103A8.jpg
    Here’s the Madstad overlaid on the F4. The F4 has the wider top and hand cutouts down the bottom.

Pete
    Excellent response Pete, thank you.

Spyder Garage

Default Baker mirror wings for cockpit air

I would trade my hands being warm for bug and debris protection for my hands. The warmer the weather in my area the more the bugs play on the road. Also, going down the interstate I didn't realize how much sand like debris existed with the stock shield. My Mastad basically stopped almost all the road debris from hitting my hands. With the Baker Wings under the mirrors I get the best of both worlds. I cut a breeze directly to my body in the hottest weather, in the cooler weather with the wings closed my cockpit is calmer than stock.
    This might be a good test to evaluate how well a F3T or F3L works with or without the Baker under the mirror Wings. When my Wings are closed and going down the interstate with my jacket unzipped, the jacket does not move at all as it lays calmly on my sides. This really surprised me as I got the Mastad shield first and there was constant side turbulence on my lower mid section and my open jacket would flop wildly if left open when going fast. I would have to try to zip my open jacket on the interstate because it was beating me up so badly if I forgot to zip before I got on the interstate. The Mirror Wings don't offer improvement for hand protection but were a game changer for total cockpit comfort.
    Dennis
    Not trying to brag up my combination but rather wanted to relate how surprised I am at how well my wind protection combination works on an F3L.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Yeah, we are all different, Dennis. I have never noticed anything hitting my hands with the F4 though.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Where are the measurements taken from? I see 23", 24", 25" etc. Are those actual dimensions from the tallest point to the end?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Where are the measurements taken from? I see 23", 24", 25" etc. Are those actual dimensions from the tallest point to the end?
    F4 only offers the 21", 23", and 25" for the F3T/L. If you go to their website there is a video showing all 3 shields installed and measured.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Default F4 videos

F4 has some great videos on each size. They give you the size from the gas tank. The original windshield is about 12" high at the gas tank. the 21, 23, 25 are given at the height compared to the gas tank.

Spyder Garage

F4 25" vented clear windshield is what i have and it is great.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer