Spyder Garage

Angry Bluetooth problems

Hello has anyone had this problem. I paired my cell phone with my garmin zumo 590 so I could listen to my tones. Everything has worked fine for 3 months but then yesterday I got nothing. I rechecked the phone and bike it says paired sometimes but does not work. Played around with both devises and getting different answers. So I thought that I would do updates on the GPS but to no avail nothing. But now when I shut the machine off I get a message on the GPS that says phone call support has been disabled. Then a second message says external power has been lost turning off in 15 seconds. This very frustrating has anyone experienced this and if so could you tell me what I am missing. Had to go to the dealer for small lighting problem and a 2 1/2 our ride without music sucks.

2015 RT Limited

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Give me a call

Call me
    209-887-3283
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiespyder View Post
    Hello has anyone had this problem. I paired my cell phone with my garmin zumo 590 so I could listen to my tones. Everything has worked fine for 3 months but then yesterday I got nothing. I rechecked the phone and bike it says paired sometimes but does not work. Played around with both devises and getting different answers. So I thought that I would do updates on the GPS but to no avail nothing. But now when I shut the machine off I get a message on the GPS that says phone call support has been disabled. Then a second message says external power has been lost turning off in 15 seconds. This very frustrating has anyone experienced this and if so could you tell me what I am missing. Had to go to the dealer for small lighting problem and a 2 1/2 our ride without music sucks.

Spyder Garage

Just picked up a little gizmo from Lamontser, $21 I think. Just returned from a test ride. XM radio loud and clear from my phone, over the bikes, F3, speakers. Did not try the phone yet. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiespyder View Post
    More info please... Are you using BT headsets? Or just pairing your phone to your GPS so you can hear music through the speakers?
    Not the best way by the way...

If you are using BT headset then pair the GPS to the headsets and then pair the phone to the headset... Much better and follows proper priority.

As for the GPS saying lost power when you turn off the key, that is normal but you should be able to power it on so it runs off the internal battery. If it powers down, you may have a bad battery in the GPS or it is not charging.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YES

Do what Bob said

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    More info please... Are you using BT headsets? Or just pairing your phone to your GPS so you can hear music through the speakers?
    Not the best way by the way...

If you are using BT headset then pair the GPS to the headsets and then pair the phone to the headset... Much better and follows proper priority.

As for the GPS saying lost power when you turn off the key, that is normal but you should be able to power it on so it runs off the internal battery. If it powers down, you may have a bad battery in the GPS or it is not charging.

Bob
    yes I am pairing my phone to the gps so I can hear through the speakers. It has worked very well for 3 months loud and clear.

2015 RT Limited