Thread: ohio rt 555

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default ohio rt 555

I hear Ohio rt 555 from Belpre to Zanesville is a really nice ride. any info on this?? tks

Spyder Garage

dont know but will ride it with you when/if you go just of off RT18

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default One of the Windy Nine

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I hear Ohio rt 555 from Belpre to Zanesville is a really nice ride. any info on this?? tks
    We rode that "Triple Nickel" southbound this summer. Very nice and twisty. You will definitely be in the middle of nowhere at times. It's one of the Ohio Windy 9...

http://athensohio.com/category/where...ohios-windy-9/

Should be even better now that the colors are on the trees and the various road construction projects are finished up. If you're going to do that then you'll also want to ride the Rim Of The World route - Rt 78 - and take a detour over to see the Big Muskie Bucket. Athens is a great place to overnight. Recommend the Ohio University Inn and Conference Center if you need overnight stay. Commonly referred to as the OU Inn.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 10-05-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post

Great road a lot of ups and downs and turns took it back home from Zanesville. Loved it

Spyder Garage

Default Ohio 555

This has got to be one of the best kept "secrets" in the country. The link that was previously posted on Athens, Ohio is very useful. My son and I rode three of the nine routes while there last month. Will definitely return. The only other road I've been on that comes close is Bear tooth pass in Montana. The Athens area of the country is a must travel for bucket list rides.
    Last edited by IGETAROUND; 10-06-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Very nice ride. Beware of farm equipment especially this time of year. Part of 555 was blessed with new chip and seal this summer so there may be areas of gravel in places. Not as much of an issue with the Spyder as it is with two wheels, but just a heads up. 676 from Marietta over to 555 is a great ride also and pretty much all new pavement. 669 from McConnelsville to Somerset is another great road that intersects 555. Most of the roads in that area are nice rides and in good shape to boot.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default After a rain

Great rt to ride. I have not run it on my spyder yet but did it on a yamaha venture. Just be aware that after a hard rain storm alot of gravel ends up on the road from driveways. Most houses are up on hills. Maybe not much of an effect for the spyders as mentioned above ......just be aware. My .02