Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    Ya just got to ignore them and realize crotch rocket pilots are not the sharpest crayon in the box.
    Umm you do know that some spyder riders used to be sports bike riders, don't you?

Spyder Garage

I waved at a motorcycle cop one time and got pulled over. He thought I gave him the finger. He never smiled but we talked and got all straitened out. No ticket, but never wave to a cop again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    I waved at a motorcycle cop one time and got pulled over. He thought I gave him the finger. He never smiled but we talked and got all straitened out. No ticket, but never wave to a cop again.
    Just make sure that your open hand moves back and noticeably so as not to be confused with a simple hand up in the air motion!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Whoa. This was blown way out of proportion. I would have never posted had the guy simply gave me a thumbs down and then I flipped him the bird and that was that. I posted because I thought it was funny that he responded with the, "huh? What was that for", as if he could dish it out but could not take it. Yes, the middle finger was probably uncalled for, but it was my first " hater", and I didn't really know how to respond other than the knee jerk reaction of flipping the bird. I will be sure to respond differently the next time.

Spyder Garage

FYI learned this 1 back in high school:
    “One former police officer says that the smartest thing that you can do right then is to wave at the officer. Why? He will either think that you know each other and wave back, or will think that you’re acknowledging that you were driving too fast, and are letting him know that you’re slowing down. Either way, you drastically reduce your chance of getting a ticket.” (From Reader’s Digest)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, he really wasn't a "hater" was he?
    Maybe a "not liker" but that's a far cry from hater...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Was driving down the road and a guy on a crotch rocket coming the other way was shaking his thumb down at me. So, I flip him the bird. Then he gives me the "huh? What was that for?" Shoulder shrug, like he was surprised that I gave him the bird. I dunno...maybe thumbs down means thumbs up in the crotch rocket world..
    The trouble here is “assuming”. You “assumed” that him shaking his thumb down at you was a sign of disapproval. How do you know he didn’t just jam his thumb somewhere and was shaking it out? How do you know that he wasn’t visiting from Iceland where that action indicates “slow down, police ahead”? How do you know......you get the gist. For all you know, it may have had absolutely nothing to do with you, which is why he was confused by you giving him the bird and is now on his crotch rocket Forum complaining about what dick heads Spyder riders are.

It’s a bit like those who complain that others don’t wave back. Firstly, who cares what others do, it’s your decision to wave, what they do is irrevelant, and secondly, how do you know that you haven’t simply missed them waving/nodding back and are in fact, wronging them.

Just ride your own ride .....life’s too short

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

A couple weeks ago we were riding to the other side of Cleveland for a ride with one of the local clubs. We were on I-90 close to Cleveland when a Crotch Rocket came in from the entrance ramp. He pulled a wheelie at about 70 mph and pulled up right next to us after slamming the front down, I had the Harley, Teresa had the Spyder RT.
    He really truly wanted our attention, not sure why. He commenced to do wheelies at about 80 mph for the next 2 miles then slow up and come back next to us, extremely dangerous for everyone on the highway. We totally ignored him and after a couple of miles he started going ahead and swerving in between cars.
    There are all kinds of wackos out there, all have different agendas and it is best to just totally ignore them it seems.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

I would have given him the Gomer Pyle "Howdy-Do!" wave in return....causing him so much confusion that he would think about it for days.

Spyder Garage

Default Yep

That's exactly what I was thinking, Hank. A big ole Forest Gump wave is the best comeback for that negativity. hahahaha

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Sheesh...can't ya take a little ribbing? I doubt he was a true hater, but rather just givin ya some flack. Certainly not worth flippin him the bird over. Take that tone with the wrong dude and you'll get a case of lead poisoning.
    Life is to short to get upset about the small stuff.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    The trouble here is “assuming”. You “assumed” that him shaking his thumb down at you was a sign of disapproval. How do you know he didn’t just jam his thumb somewhere and was shaking it out? How do you know that he wasn’t visiting from Iceland where that action indicates “slow down, police ahead”? How do you know......you get the gist. For all you know, it may have had absolutely nothing to do with you, which is why he was confused by you giving him the bird and is now on his crotch rocket Forum complaining about what dick heads Spyder riders are.

It’s a bit like those who complain that others don’t wave back. Firstly, who cares what others do, it’s your decision to wave, what they do is irrevelant, and secondly, how do you know that you haven’t simply missed them waving/nodding back and are in fact, wronging them.

Just ride your own ride .....life’s too short

Pete
    Pete,

You make too much sense. I'm not sure if that's allowed on spyderlovers; you might get your spyderlover's card pulled.

Spyder Garage

Default Hater?

How on earth could you possibly know that this rider hated Spyders? especially by just passing by each other. How many seconds went by for you to deduct all of that? And just maybe you missed something , like are you sure he didn't have his little finger sticking out also ? Thumb down little finger sticking out means something entirely different. Don't be so darn quick to judge, to much of that going around nowadays. Besides who the heck cares if one waves or not. I wave almost always but sometimes I'm not quick enough or am watching the traffic in front of me . Just enjoy the ride and smile a lot.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Your response was worse than his. Just pass by. We get waves from crotch rockets all the time. If someone doesn't wave or in your case gives some sort negative indication(if it really was) who cares. But when you flip the guy off there in no question what you mean. There are other people on the road that see YOU and that gives spyders and Spyder Ryders a bad name. Who cares enjoy your ryde!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

It's also entirely possible that he was just giving you a thumbs-down because he noticed that you had made a poor tire selection for your trike (or even worse, still had your OEM Kenda's on it ), or, he somehow knew that you had made the wrong selection of oil during your last service. Ya never know what can set people off......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think the guy was showing you he had digits on his hands and there is nothing wrong with you showing him you have at least 1 working digit as well.

Spyder Garage

Whoa. This was blown way out of proportion. I would have never posted had the guy simply gave me a thumbs down and then I flipped him the bird and that was that. I posted because I thought it was funny that he responded with the, "huh? What was that for", as if he could dish it out but could not take it. Yes, the middle finger was probably uncalled for, but it was my first " hater", and I didn't really know how to respond other than the knee jerk reaction of flipping the bird. I will be sure to respond differently the next time.

Yes that's standard now days.....internet police is in full force.

Spyder Garage

I get the haters all the time in my MSF classes. You should see the look on their faces when I ride up on the Spyder the next day. Never seen as many folks start backtracking as they do.... especially when they haven't taken the Knowledge or Skills test yet!!

Spyder Garage

Default Road Rage

What kind of "rule" is that? The guys gives me a thumbs down and I'm supposed to just take it on the chin?
    Yes. That's how road rage starts. And you never win.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

I wave whether they do or not don't give a ****

Spyder Garage

When I meet another rider and they are giving a downward motion it usually means to slow down and watch my speed. They are letting me know about a cop or danger ahead. I wave back and nod my head to say thanks. Course I was a production supervisor for 35 years, my skin my be a little thicker. Or I might be slow.

Ride safe.
    Never lost, just different roads!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Last month I had a CHP motor pass me on the LA 605 Freeway (I was in the #1 lane; He was in the #2 lane) and as he came by he gave me "The Wave"! Reeeally cool!
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't wave specifically at/for the other ryder. A wave at another ryder is to acknowledge the awesomeness of the ryde, the day, and just plain being alive on the machines we are on. If they don't wave, that's on them.

Spyder Garage

My mate whos a cop gives cops a gang sign to really confuse them. Apparently one of them ran his plate and got even more confused - he registers his cars using the local police station as the home address:-)

Thumb down once or twice then point finger or thumb behind you (or back tip of head) in Europe is a relatively common signal with that there's a cop car or speed trap down the road to a rider coming the other way.

If you want EVERYONE to wave just drive an old Datsun ute around rural New Zealand:-)

Spyder Garage

Was driving down the road and a guy on a crotch rocket coming the other way was shaking his thumb down at me. So, I flip him the bird. Then he gives me the "huh? What was that for?" Shoulder shrug, like he was surprised that I gave him the bird. I dunno...maybe thumbs down means thumbs up in the crotch rocket world..

Wow, you really are sensitive. I would have just given the "biker wave" and had a good day. Way to impress people seeing you do that. We all represent the Spyder Community when we ride.

Chris (Long time Forum member, usually short on words)