Spyder Garage

Default Any Tx Panhandle Spyder riders ?

Greetings from the farside all.

I registered here a couple of years ago when my wife and I first started looking at and thinking about getting a Spyder for her (a compensatory measure for me getting a sport bike for my 60th B-day). Anyway, we are picking up her 2014 RT Limited in Denton Saturday morning and I will be riding it home to Fritch.

What I'm wondering about is, are there any regular organized rides or events among Tx Panhandle members? I used to write a newsletter for a BMW group called the Palo Duro Riders of Amarillo. It actually included BMW owners from all over the Panhandle with about 80 members in all. We didn't really care what a person rode, and provided they could spell "BMW" they were welcome to ride with us. We were pretty loosely organized as that spelling test was the only requirement. There were no officers, votes or anything else other than the guy writing the newsletter and the members who like to eat--a lot. That said, our only real event was a monthly ride-eat-ride (RER) at a restaurant somewhere in the Panhandle. The location was usually decided by popular opinion at the previous RER and if there was a lack of discussion, I would decide and put it in the next newsletter.

All that said, is anyone organizing events, rides, lunches, etc?

let's ride!
    klc

edit: ?Tx Panhandle = from Lubbock area north?
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 10-05-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: mind slower than fingers
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)