Spyder Garage

Default Short CB antenna

Is there a short CB antenna for the 2010 RT? Got the radio short antenna but haven’t seen one for the CB.

Thanks

Charles

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2 way radio antennas are cut to a certain size, CB antennas are cut for 11 meters that is
    what a CB transmits on, you may be able to find a loaded antenna at a radio shop
    that deals in Ham and CB radios.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz7771931 View Post
    Is there a short CB antenna for the 2010 RT? Got the radio short antenna but haven’t seen one for the CB.

Thanks

Charles

Spyder Garage

Just wondering since I had a short antenna for my harley that I had before my spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just wondering since I had a short antenna for my harley that I had before my spyder
    The performance of the CanAm CB is bad enough. A shorter antenna can only make it worse.....even if it is one designed for CB use.

Spyder Garage

use it only for short distance so proformance is not a big issue 1/4 mile at the most.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

use it only for short distance so proformance is not a big issue 1/4 mile at the most.
    Start at the J&M web site. Look for replacement antennas.
    I suspect the one you already have is the shortest they have......but maybe not.

Then, any antenna made specifically for CB should work.....IF it has the same threads as the one you have now.

Just any old piece of wire won't work 'cause it might blow your transmitter.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I found this on hotspyder.com

Can-Am Spyder RT Shortee Antenna

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Go with J & M

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Start at the J&M web site. Look for replacement antennas.
    I suspect the one you already have is the shortest they have......but maybe not.

Then, any antenna made specifically for CB should work.....IF it has the same threads as the one you have now.

Just any old piece of wire won't work 'cause it might blow your transmitter.
    My CB was about worthless until I installed the J & M CB antenna. Very pleased with the new antenna. There are many considerations when choosing a CB antenna besides height.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I found this on hotspyder.com

Can-Am Spyder RT Shortee Antenna
    Website seems to not exist. You got the URL correct?

Learn all about CB antennas here: http://www.firestik.com/ You can use their antennas but you'll have to modify the brass mounting block, which is not a real difficult job. I'm using their No Ground Plane antenna, but it's not short!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That's a multi-purpose antenna. I used an AM/FM/CB antenna, a longer version, on my Goldwing but was never enamored with how well it worked for CB. For ease of installation I'd consider the J & M one as I'm guessing it has been tuned to work on the Spyder as well as any fixed length antenna can. The one from Firestik is probably better but you'll have to modify the mounting block and you really need an SWR meter to fine tune it for best performance on a Spyder. Capturing a radio signal is no big deal and the antenna to do so can vary tremendously. Transmitting is a whole different animal and that is where the antenna configuration really matters.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info