Spyder Garage

Default Rear LED turn signals questions. (ST-L SE5)

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm hoping someone can give me a quick answer. I would like to put LED's in the rear turn signals. As is, I know there will be a fast flash rate. Here are my questions:

1) Can I get replace the flasher relay with an electronic flasher relay that won't quick flash for LEDs?

2) I saw that you can't use 4-way flashers when you use load equalizers, however, when you put the bike in reverse, it automatically puts the 4-way flashers on. How does can I get around this?

3) I also read that there is a way to tell the ECU that you have LEDs eliminating the need for load resistors. Is this true? How is it done?

Thanks!!!
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is what I would do

Install new led globes/bulbs

Follow the hyper flash procedure (see lamonster garage site for a detailed blurb) to get rid of fast blinking, cross your fingers...

IF that doesn't work, worry about resistors etc then.

Spyder Garage

Default Always state the year model of your ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm hoping someone can give me a quick answer. I would like to put LED's in the rear turn signals. As is, I know there will be a fast flash rate. Here are my questions:

1) Can I get replace the flasher relay with an electronic flasher relay that won't quick flash for LEDs?

2) I saw that you can't use 4-way flashers when you use load equalizers, however, when you put the bike in reverse, it automatically puts the 4-way flashers on. How does can I get around this?

3) I also read that there is a way to tell the ECU that you have LEDs eliminating the need for load resistors. Is this true? How is it done?

Thanks!!!
    1. No there is not a "trailer flasher" for the Spyders. Similar to the flasher you'd replace when you added a hitch to a cage.

2. The 4way flash warning varies by manufacturer. I used a Kuryakyn alarm friendly resistor, designed for Harley's. It has had little to no impact on hyper-flash. :-(

3. For 2014 models and up. 2013 models do not respond. Search you tube for Spyder hyper flash fix...:-(

Spyder Garage

The flash rate of the turn signal/hazard lights is control by the gage cluster. There is no replaceable flasher. You need to provide complete info on your Spyder when asking a question you will get better answers. On 2014 and later models the gage cluster module can be recalibrated to compensate for a bulb change. 2013 no.

Replacing the rear turn signal bulbs with led ones. Good luck with that. Even finding replacement standard bulbs is a challenge.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default LED rear turn signals

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The flash rate of the turn signal/hazard lights is control by the gage cluster. There is no replaceable flasher. You need to provide complete info on your Spyder when asking a question you will get better answers. On 2014 and later models the gage cluster module can be recalibrated to compensate for a bulb change. 2013 no.

Replacing the rear turn signal bulbs with led ones. Good luck with that. Even finding replacement standard bulbs is a challenge.
    https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Bri...rch_detailpage

Both mine and my wifes bikes have these bulbs as recommended by others on the site. I did have to do the hyper-flash reset, with the bike running initially and restart through the procedure however have no problems, I also have the magic strobes brake flasher and these bulbs make the turn signal seen where the factory bulbs do not. Price may be different since these were on sale when I got them
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Bri...rch_detailpage

Both mine and my wifes bikes have these bulbs as recommended by others on the site. I did have to do the hyper-flash reset, with the bike running initially and restart through the procedure however have no problems, I also have the magic strobes brake flasher and these bulbs make the turn signal seen where the factory bulbs do not. Price may be different since these were on sale when I got them

So they do make a led version of that bulb. Still don't know the year of the op's Spyder to know if he needs resistors or not.

So that's $36 for 2 bulbs plus tax. Why would you bother to change them at that price? The OE bulbs will likely last the life of the Spyder.
    Last edited by billybovine; 10-25-2017 at 12:50 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED