Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Is that your interpretation?
    my interpretation is when a group of vets were to say it i might listen more then 1 individual saying it. now here is a serious question,
    what will the players do when the season is over, how will they get their message out there? it will take THEIR time and THEIR money
    to do so. if they were to spend the time and money of just what they make in 1 game then i may change my mind about them.
    How about we discuss this 2 months after the season is over to see what happens.
    As to american graffiti, yes it was based in the 60's but happy days was still the 50's and so was the thing which i watched yesterday.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Bob,
    Re: ...and I can't get two clocks in my house, to read the same time!
    Just how accurate do you really, really needs your clocks to be?
    Jerry Baumchen
    It's just a pet peeve that bugs my anal-retentive inner self...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    my interpretation is when a group of vets were to say it i might listen more then 1 individual saying it.
    Al,
    Anyone who believes in the principal beliefs of our Country will tell you that not standing for the presentation of the Flag, and the National Anthem; is a right that is guaranteed...

Whether or not it is bad manners: that's the issue here.

Spyder Garage

Is this somehow relevant to the conversation? I don't get it.
    It's not that deep. Just think for a second and you'll get it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Al,
    Anyone who believes in the principal beliefs of our Country will tell you that not standing for the presentation of the Flag, and the National Anthem; is a right that is guaranteed...

Yep. They are choosing to do it during the anthem for maximum attention, which, I guess, is when anyone who has something to bitch about would choose.

BUT, if some of that attention they get is a negative reaction, those that give that negative feedback aren't wrong for expressing that.

People pay a lot of money to go to these games. And, after all, aren't sporting events entertainment? It's supposed to be fun. It's a departure from the many things in life that give us stress. We'd like to be free of problems during those 3 hours.
    Carry it further- What if you went to a movie theater or Broadway play and as you're expecting the movie or play to start, a group appeared onstage and gave a political speech?

Spyder Garage

Al,

Hey, i'm not going to hit or shoot someone for not doing so but again i have the same right to call the individual any name that i want
    whether they find it offensive or not. i have the right to burn the koran or bible or flag any time i want. just because it is offensive to
    some or many i should have a right to do so? well i don't agree, you should not have a right to incite violence and don't tell me
    that isn't so, al sharpton & many other protesters have done so and are still doing it. hell, louis farakkan has a street named after him
    in brooklyn and he fully stated for segragation and the extermination of the white race and showed contempt for mlk. tell me where
    our freedom of religion should end for the good of the people, our elected officials don't really say that a good muslim would be one
    who follows the koran and kills all infidels while a radical muslim doesn't agree with mohammad and rape young girls or drink camel
    piss as the koran and allah wish. so please tell me where someones rights end and the good of the country and it's people begin.

enough of this, now i am going to watch ghosts of mars on sockshare.net
    p.s. andy griffith is on tv land right now. (i have that on the tv on mute).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, i'm not going to hit or shoot someone for not doing so but again i have the same right to call the individual any name that i want
    whether they find it offensive or not. i have the right to burn the koran or bible or flag any time i want. just because it is offensive to some or many i should have a right to do so? well i don't agree, you should not have a right to incite violence
    I think that your prescription medications might need some "adjustments...

Spyder Garage

I think that your prescription medications might need some "adjustments...
    Why, because i don't agree that others should be able to incite violence? are you serious?! i believe in showing respect for that
    which deserves it, our country does, our politicians do not. Our police as a whole do but there are definetly some who don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why, because i don't agree that others should be able to incite violence? are you serious?! i believe in showing respect for that
    which deserves it, our country does, our politicians do not. Our police as a whole do but there are definetly some who don't.
    I think it's because you are showing a propensity to react disproportionately to the perceived threat. Not just on this thread. Seriously.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I think it's because you are showing a propensity to react disproportionately to the perceived threat. Not just on this thread. Seriously.
    I agree, but i take no chances. i'm the guy who thinks when you pull a gun on someone you plan on shooting them not show
    it off. (I don't own a gun) if you pull a bb gun on a cop and he shoots you did he overreact, if you believe yes then don't watch the news on what happen in
    brooklyn overnight.
    if you double park you are hurting many others blocks away with the traffic you cause just for you own selfish convenience. i look at
    the big picture and the possibilities of the action and who it may effect. at my place we either hand torque or use torque sticks when
    installing so as not to over tighten and prevent someone from removing when they get a flat. it doesn't happen often but do you want
    to be the one stuck on the road.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-13-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sad to say; but

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was US Army veteran, Nate Boyer, who suggested to Kaepernick to take a knee as a sign of respect. This is their inspiring story of what can happen when people with different perspectives decide to sit down, have a conversation, and hear each other out. #ColinKaepernick #NFL #Kaepernick

(Found this on Facebook; seems to be relevant but what do I know) https://youtu.be/I4nyaL8qmK0
    I'm surprised there haven't been other comments on this video.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I no longer do Facebook. It's very nice living without it, I might add!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think you brought it back to life, Bob. Maybe it was just sleeping.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm trying to rebuild my picture repository, and I just found that one!

Spyder Garage

I think you brought it back to life, Bob. Maybe it was just sleeping.
    Don't get me started. I'm still thinking of that one post that you and I disagreed on.

I think Bob D. is trying to resurrect this thread.

Spyder Garage

Hot off the internet--where everything posted is true.......

Collin Kapernick (don't care if spelled wrong), filed a "collusion" action against the NFL yesterday, stating they were out to get him for what he started. The internet is saying that this is going to be pretty much the kiss of death to Mr. K's football career--still no offers from anyone. The collusion filing should take care of it.

Did karma strike?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-16-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Don't get me started. I'm still thinking of that one post that you and I disagreed on.
    I'm not even sure which one you're referring to, but in any case let's go PM with it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Hot off the internet--where everything posted is true.......

Collin Kapernick (don't care if spelled wrong), filed a "collusion" action against the NFL yesterday, stating they were out to get him for what he started. The internet is saying that this is going to be pretty much the kiss of death to Mr. K's football career--still no offers from anyone. The collusion filing should take care of it.

Did karma strike?
    All that should matter is whether or not he's a good player. I don't know because I don't watch corporate sports.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's just say that "The bloom was off his bouquet of roses..."

Spyder Garage

All that should matter is whether or not he's a good player. I don't know because I don't watch corporate sports.

BUT protesting was not what he was being paid to do. He was a representative of the Team and the League and IMHO he was not doing his job and he was fired for it, also IMO the coach and the owner who allowed this behavior should have been disciplined/fined by the league also. I as a fan pay for entertainment and if I don't get what I paid for I'm free to go elsewhere, just like going to a different dealer if I don't like the service. If you want to protest do it on your own time and on your own dime. Don't waste my time and money.
    I fought for this country when it wasn't popular to do so and I just think there was a better way he could have done this.
    Every Redneck I know has said this at one time "it seemed like a good idea at the time"
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    BUT protesting was not what he was being paid to do. He was a representative of the Team and the League and IMHO he was not doing his job and he was fired for it, also IMO the coach and the owner who allowed this behavior should have been disciplined/fined by the league also. I as a fan pay for entertainment and if I don't get what I paid for I'm free to go elsewhere, just like going to a different dealer if I don't like the service. If you want to protest do it on your own time and on your own dime. Don't waste my time and money. I fought for this country when it wasn't popular to do so and I just think there was a better way he could have done this.
    Every Redneck I know has said this at one time "it seemed like a good idea at the time"
    Maybe it's considered part of the entertainment? I don't know - I don't have a dog in this fight (NFL players' behavior).

I do have to say, though, that having served in the military doesn't give our arguments any more weight or relevance. I wish people would just express their opinions as Americans and not muddy the waters with assumptions about their affiliations giving them more gravity. It's that kind of talk and thinking that drives wedges between factions I think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Serving in our Nation's Military is far more than a mere "affiliation".
    By calling it that: you do a disservice to our Veterans...

Or was this just a poor choice of words?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Serving in our Nation's Military is far more than a mere "affiliation".
    By calling it that: you do a disservice to our Veterans...

Or was this just a poor choice of words?
    I am a veteran, Bob. Combat. Vietnam. I just don't think that entitles me to a greater acceptance or respect for my opinions.

I agree, serving in the military is more than a mere affiliation - it's a serious commitment and sacrifice. But, I'm no longer active service, so my affiliation is with other military veterans (of which I'm proud), not the military.

But, as always, I respect your right to see things differently.
    2014 RTL Platinum