Thread: Don't judge

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't judge

Yesterday a friend and I went out for a ride. We stopped for a late lunch at a bar and grill. We saw a Harley parked out front front as we rolled in. Going inside and sitting down, a guy asked me how I liked my ride('17 TriGlide). I told him that I really liked it and that I had a '14 Spyder RTL before. He very quickly told me that that he would only ride a Harley and everything else is junk. I then went on to explain my situation of having cancer for the third time and that I had ridden a Softail for years. I told him how I came about getting a Spyder and that I had ridden almost 19k miles in two years. I told him how the Spyder had allowed me to keep riding.
    Yes, I now ride a Harley TrGlide(over 12k this year and counting). I also know and understand why others ride what they ride. The bottom line is, don't judge. There are many reasons why people ride what they ride. I don't judge. I am just glad people get out and ride.
    Ride hard, ride free. Most of all, enjoy your ride. I wave to everyone, including people on tractors, lawnmowers and those sitting on their front porch.

Spyder Garage

We should all try to live our lives without judging others. I thank you for the reminder.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default JUDGE

just think King Fish, if everyone liked the exact same things, life would be extremely boring.... one type of bike, one color, one sound, etc etc etc.....

i rode many makes of bikes prior to my SPYD3RS.... but at age 60, my left shoulder decided not to be nice to me, OUCH.... then at 61 my right hip said "NO MORE"... then my right knee went along with my right hip, and my left shoulder got really jealous, and decided to double up on the pain.... now both feet cry like babies most every evening because of the arthritis... so when somebody tells you something like, "everything else is junk"... that clown best never get old, because he'll either eat crow, aka; buy a SPYD3R, or will have to sit in back while his woman rides him around....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but I don't know why you need a medical or age reason to ride a Spyder. I am 49 years old and thankfully do not suffer from any ailments that would keep me from riding 2 wheels. I choose to ride a Spyder because it is unique. For the most part, a Harley is a Harley is a Harley. A sport bike is a sport bike and a cruiser is a cruiser, but the Spyder is different! So many people look and comment and ask questions. Maybe I notice it more because I have one, but I don't think the general public gets a kick out of "standard" bike like they do with the Spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Sorry, but I don't know why you need a medical or age reason to ride a Spyder. I am 49 years old and thankfully do not suffer from any ailments that would keep me from riding 2 wheels. I choose to ride a Spyder because it is unique. For the most part, a Harley is a Harley is a Harley. A sport bike is a sport bike and a cruiser is a cruiser, but the Spyder is different! So many people look and comment and ask questions. Maybe I notice it more because I have one, but I don't think the general public gets a kick out of "standard" bike like they do with the Spyder
    I thank God that you are bulletproof.

Spyder Garage

Default 4got

OH, DID I FORGET TO SAY I RIDE A SPYD3R BECAUSE I LOVE IT....????
    i was just try'n to tell King Fish the reason i came over to SPYD3Rs... if these had been out when i was 15, i'd have gotten one back then... in the mean time, chill out pal, life is way too short to get your panties in a knot...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    I thank God that you are bulletproof.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    in the mean time, chill out pal, life is way too short to get your panties in a knot...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Huh? What did I say? My reply was in no way meant to insult, troll, or knot my panties and I apologize if you took it that way. I am not saying I am bullet proof and the older I get, the more I realize that and the more that I am thankful that I am able bodied. Perhaps this was the wrong thread to post in and I apologize for hijacking, but it just seems that alot of people think that if one rides a Spyder, then one must either be too old, physically unable, or too scared to ride a "real" motorcycle. I am happy that the Spyder allows for folks who may not be able to ride if it were not for the Spyder, but I was simply stating that that is not always necessarily the case

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Huh? What did I say? My reply was in no way meant to insult, troll, or knot my panties and I apologize if you took it that way. I am not saying I am bullet proof and the older I get, the more I realize that and the more that I am thankful that I am able bodied. Perhaps this was the wrong thread to post in and I apologize for hijacking, but it just seems that alot of people think that if one rides a Spyder, then one must either be too old, physically unable, or too scared to ride a "real" motorcycle. I am happy that the Spyder allows for folks who may not be able to ride if it were not for the Spyder, but I was simply stating that that is not always necessarily the case
    I have to agree with you. I read your statement three times after the responses and for the life of me I cannot uncover the assaul. Oh well, someone misinterpreted what was said I would guess.
    Frankly, I felt that you were spot on. I grew up in a household where my father, for whatever reason HATED motorcycles, I mean totally. He would under no circumstances allow or permit any of us to ride or own one. Well, Dad, also my best friend, has passed, since the day that I saw the first ad for a Spyder I thought that this vehicle makes sense. Well I got one, made apologies to Dad, and here I am, miles and smiles.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I need to apologize to you

I apologize to you. I read what you said and should have read it again before responding. That was bad on my part.
    If the Spyder and/or other three wheelers(not kits) had been around when I was younger, I would have made the switch years ago. I fully agree that one does not have to be old, physically unable or scared to ride two wheels. I am glad those who make the switch just to change things up. I am also glad that three-wheels has stretched my riding years. It's actually more fun and relaxing than when I was riding a "real" motorcycle.
    Again, I apologize for taking your response the wrong way.

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmmm

An interesting thread title. Yet, you did just that.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Default OH SO LUCKY TO HAVE THESE GREAT CHOICES OF RIDE FOR WHAT EVER REASON !!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When a Harley rider (very seldom) gives me a little "noise" I just, jokingly say. "You're just not old enough to ride a Spyder. When you can't lift your bike or your 'o'l lady won't ride with you any more, THEN you will be old enough to ride a Spyder. Today, at 75, my wife and I still enjoy
    Riding in comfort

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Cousin and me started riding around the same time and we were about the same age. I live in Colorado and she in Florida. Neither of us knew that we had started riding. Once she found out she asked 'What do you ride" I told her a Spyder and she said Well I have a Harley. Great I told her. Over the next few years I was aware of about 4 bike changes, She got rid of the Harley and is now with the BMW. She then proceeded to tell me that even after 10 years she is uncomfortable with riding. Never could get comfortable with the weight. She only rides when she is feel physically and mentally prepared. I am aware she has dumped her bikes repeatedly. She rides on the back of her husbands bike most of the time. Once her Husband found out I rode a Spyder he got very interested in one for his wife. I feel she is a perfect candidate for the Spyder but she feels that she would be less of a rider if she rode anything but a 2 wheeler. I think what I am saying is everyone has an image of what a rider should look like and its hard for some to open themselves up to other options.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i wonder how many of those real harley riders have cars and are too much of a p***y to ride because it's cold or raining or any other excuse they want to use. if you are a real harly rider you would ride to sturgis or daytona instead of trailering it and ride for at least
    10 hours a day to get there.

Spyder Garage

I must agree that you don't have to be old, or crippled to ride a spyder but unfortunantly that is the stigma that is associated with a spyder. If you ask around or look on these threads probably 90% of the people will say they used to ride bikes but don't anymore because they cant lift it any more, due to surgeries, balance ain't what it used to be. I think its great that BRP (Even though the machine irritates the hell out of me but for different reasons) has developed a machine that allows those who still want to feel the wind in the face, to do just that. Me, I always rode sport bike and stopped years ago when to many of my friends were either seriously injured or killed. My wife would not ride with me anymore so I sold my sport bike and swore off riding. It was only when we saw these that she's considered gettijg back on a bike and now once again we are really enjoying ourselves. My son on the other hand now rides a ninja (walking in my footsteps) and says he could never see himself on one and says you might as well have just bought a convertible, go figure.....Kids.
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

Yesterday a friend and I went out for a ride. We stopped for a late lunch at a bar and grill. We saw a Harley parked out front front as we rolled in. Going inside and sitting down, a guy asked me how I liked my ride('17 TriGlide). I told him that I really liked it and that I had a '14 Spyder RTL before. He very quickly told me that that he would only ride a Harley and everything else is junk. I then went on to explain my situation of having cancer for the third time and that I had ridden a Softail for years. I told him how I came about getting a Spyder and that I had ridden almost 19k miles in two years. I told him how the Spyder had allowed me to keep riding.
    Yes, I now ride a Harley TrGlide(over 12k this year and counting). I also know and understand why others ride what they ride. The bottom line is, don't judge. There are many reasons why people ride what they ride. I don't judge. I am just glad people get out and ride.
    Ride hard, ride free. Most of all, enjoy your ride. I wave to everyone, including people on tractors, lawnmowers and those sitting on their front porch.
    The fact that he is absolutely wrong is good enough for me.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Amen Brother !!!!

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey