Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
    We bought it today. The Cindy (the wife) surprised me and said she would ride on the Victory with me, 112 miles there. She was nervous, but a trooper. She was going to follow in the car. Made the trade, we signed the papers. Got new helmets and blue tooth to go in them. Decided to take the scenic route back. Stopped and ate at Cracker Barrel. She said she liked the Spyder better. A few miles later, after going through a few mild curves, we stopped to check the cell phones and she said, "This is fun!" We got home after dark and she is pumped! 144 miles on the ride home. I got my riding buddy back!

It is comfortable, even for my long legs. We are wore out, 256 miles in one day is not something we have done in a very long time. Curves are different for sure. The last few on our road were more comfortable. The Spyder feels like it is going to lean a bunch, but moves just a bit and sticks. I know the more I ride it the better I will get. I read posts that said to hold on lightly, which I did, most of the time. When I was holding tight, she would move around a bit. A light touch and she steers true. (That sounded like I was sailing a ship!)

We are both very happy with our Spyder. I will post pictures tomorrow after the sun comes up. Thanks for the welcomes, kind words, and advice!
    Here is another link--don't know if you saw this one: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-30-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Here is another link--don't know if you saw this one: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners
    Thanks again! Yes I had read this one also. I'm a research nut of sorts, so I read the good, the bad, and the ugly before I make a decision. I used those tips on shifting when I left the dealership all the way home. I need to read back through them again, might do that now!

I am coming from Victory. There were year and models that had issues with those also. I just try to determine if the problems are isolated or widespread. Thanks for informing me.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Thanks again! Yes I had read this one also. I'm a research nut of sorts, so I read the good, the bad, and the ugly before I make a decision. I used those tips on shifting when I left the dealership all the way home. I need to read back through them again, might do that now!

I am coming from Victory. There were year and models that had issues with those also. I just try to determine if the problems are isolated or widespread. Thanks for informing me.
    Those that do due diligence usually do not get burned. My screen name is Consumer Advocate and I try to play that part when I give help or advice. It's better to know the good, bad, and ugly rather than get surprised. If I have been able to help a couple along the way--that is a bonus.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of our new Spyder. It has a brown seat, was that an option for the 13's?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of our new Spyder. It has a brown seat, was that an option for the 13's?
    Nice looking Spyder. I'll bet it looks really unique with the chocolate seat.
    The brochure for 2013 states that the comfort seat was available in 3 colours so you probably have a comfort seat because I can't find anywhere that states the stock seat was available in 3 colours.
    Anyway, here's the 2013 brochure: http://www.spyder.brp.com/Files/en-G...r_brochure.pdf
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    Nice looking Spyder. I'll bet it looks really unique with the chocolate seat.
    The brochure for 2013 states that the comfort seat was available in 3 colours so you probably have a comfort seat because I can't find anywhere that states the stock seat was available in 3 colours.
    Anyway, here's the 2013 brochure: http://www.spyder.brp.com/Files/en-G...r_brochure.pdf
    Thanks for the brochure! I love to have things like that for something I own. The when the salesman first saw it he thought it was a 2018 with a new seat option. It is a comfortable seat for sure.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

Yes, that was one option. Not sure of the year. There are also some maroon seats out there. Almost got one of them. The 14's came with two tones on some models. I got the black/grey on my 2014 in the BRP Comfort seat.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

nice color..cool machine and good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer offers an extended warranty from a third-party company, like most do with used cars. I am debating on getting it, depending on cost. With only 7600 miles on it, I would think that it will be fine for awhile. Anyone get a warranty on their used one?
    I took the extended warranty on both of mine, and I'm glad I did. My factory warranty is now expired (July) and my rear suspension compressor has gone out! The dealer has submitted the claim for me, and it was approved, so now a new compressor has been ordered. The tech told me it would take him a whole day to replace it... so just the labor charge would be almost as much as the warranty cost. And then there is the price of the compressor to boot! (Which I haven't learned yet.)
    So... this one event is going to cover my $869 warranty expense, and I still have almost three more years of coverage.

I would suggest: Don't let the low mileage deceive you; these are quite complex, computerized machines and even seemingly small glitches can be very expensive to correct.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    I took the extended warranty on both of mine, and I'm glad I did. My factory warranty is now expired (July) and my rear suspension compressor has gone out! The dealer has submitted the claim for me, and it was approved, so now a new compressor has been ordered. The tech told me it would take him a whole day to replace it... so just the labor charge would be almost as much as the warranty cost. And then there is the price of the compressor to boot! (Which I haven't learned yet.)
    So... this one event is going to cover my $869 warranty expense, and I still have almost three more years of coverage.

I would suggest: Don't let the low mileage deceive you; these are quite complex, computerized machines and even seemingly small glitches can be very expensive to correct.
    I got a 3 year warranty that covers everything except normal wear items, and a maintenance plan that covers normal service for three years or six services, including the big 14K service. Can't remember the exact price for the maintenance plan, but I did the math and it's cheaper that the six services.

The Spyder is complex, which is why I wanted the warranty coverage. The warranty is good anywhere, the maintenance plan is with the dealer. I'm quite happy with it.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

I got a 3 year warranty that covers everything except normal wear items, and a maintenance plan that covers normal service for three years or six services, including the big 14K service. Can't remember the exact price for the maintenance plan, but I did the math and it's cheaper that the six services.

The Spyder is complex, which is why I wanted the warranty coverage. The warranty is good anywhere, the maintenance plan is with the dealer. I'm quite happy with it.
    Good choice. I hope your getting a chance to enjoy your new Spyder. We love ours and seem to ride more now than when we had 2 wheels.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    Good choice. I hope your getting a chance to enjoy your new Spyder. We love ours and seem to ride more now than when we had 2 wheels.
    We are! I rode it to work this week. I work midnight shift, and with the brights, fender lights, and fog lights, it lights up the road. We got out this afternoon for an 80 mile ride. Cindy really likes it. She's trying to talk my daughter into riding on it, no luck yet. It was also nice to ride in the daylight!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

We bought it today. The Cindy (the wife) surprised me and said she would ride on the Victory with me, 112 miles there. She was nervous, but a trooper. She was going to follow in the car. Made the trade, we signed the papers. Got new helmets and blue tooth to go in them. Decided to take the scenic route back. Stopped and ate at Cracker Barrel. She said she liked the Spyder better. A few miles later, after going through a few mild curves, we stopped to check the cell phones and she said, "This is fun!" We got home after dark and she is pumped! 144 miles on the ride home. I got my riding buddy back!

It is comfortable, even for my long legs. We are wore out, 256 miles in one day is not something we have done in a very long time. Curves are different for sure. The last few on our road were more comfortable. The Spyder feels like it is going to lean a bunch, but moves just a bit and sticks. I know the more I ride it the better I will get. I read posts that said to hold on lightly, which I did, most of the time. When I was holding tight, she would move around a bit. A light touch and she steers true. (That sounded like I was sailing a ship!)

We are both very happy with our Spyder. I will post pictures tomorrow after the sun comes up. Thanks for the welcomes, kind words, and advice!

Very cool reading your post. My bride of 47 years never rode with me on my two wheeler, but dispite the pain in her legs from arthritis, she loves the Spyder and is always talking to me about going out on a ride.....just got it in April.......going on a 200 mile ride tomorrow.
    Life is good!!!!!

Welcome to the " No stress club" !!!!!!!!

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Spyder Garage

We are! I rode it to work this week. I work midnight shift, and with the brights, fender lights, and fog lights, it lights up the road. We got out this afternoon for an 80 mile ride. Cindy really likes it. She's trying to talk my daughter into riding on it, no luck yet. It was also nice to ride in the daylight!
    It is so fun listening to you and what we have experiencing ourselves. The daughter will come around...one ride and she will feel safe!!!! Have a great time and be safe.

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OKey View Post
    Very cool reading your post. My bride of 47 years never rode with me on my two wheeler, but dispite the pain in her legs from arthritis, she loves the Spyder and is always talking to me about going out on a ride.....just got it in April.......going on a 200 mile ride tomorrow.
    Life is good!!!!!

Welcome to the " No stress club" !!!!!!!!
    I have told my wife about the number of people with similar stories as ours. She is trying to figure out a way for us to take it camping now! Praying for you to have a safe, wonderful day today!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box