Spyder Garage

Default Code P2806 Gear Position Sensor

My check engine light will flash once or twice and flash between R and N.The code will be cleared when I start it again. Will I be able to replace it without having it hooked up to Buds? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Csh72 View Post
    My check engine light will flash once or twice and flash between R and N.The code will be cleared when I start it again. Will I be able to replace it without having it hooked up to Buds? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    You are not in the habit of "riding the shifter" are you ??
    Or multiple attempts to find an extra gear ??

I was amazed to find that my manual transmission model would flash a light and set a code under those conditions.

Spyder Garage

My wife's 2012 Spyder RT threw this code after I rode it hard. It's done a handful of times since. Typically goes right off when it does it. Like the OP wondering if I can just buy a part and replace myself or if Buds is needed. Ours is an SE5 btw.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    You are not in the habit of "riding the shifter" are you ??
    Or multiple attempts to find an extra gear ??

I was amazed to find that my manual transmission model would flash a light and set a code under those conditions.
    I don't believe that I am, but I am trying to concentrate on not doing it to make sure. It only does it every now and then and only flashes once. I have read recently that even the slightest pressure on the shifter can cause the same problem. I do hope that it is something I am doing myself. Thank you for taking the time and for your advice.

Spyder Garage

If it follows the pattern of both of our 2011s ( his and hers), it will gradually get more frequent. The part that fails is plastic and wears out... it is just a small plastic disk type thing with a D cut in it that a post goes through... the D becomes more O like and then the post can't move it anymore causing the failure..
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Manual Transmission vs. SE

I got this error last week on my 2012 RTSM5 which has 43,000 miles. I was turning into a parking lot at very low speed when this happened. Are the posts here related to the SE or SM models? I also experienced a loss of throttle when this occurred. Concerned, because planning a trip shortly, and my local dealers are always backed up for long periods. I have also read in the Facebook group Spyder Maintenance and Repair, about similar, and serious problems caused by transmissions suddenly shifting into reverse while being ridden at 40-50 mph, and causing serious damage to the engine etc. I have ridden it a number of times since, with no problems. Wondering also if I might have had the shift lever pressed down a bit with my left foot.

So, if anyone has any further information, please share as I do not want to start a trip with a problem which might disable the Spyder (or me!) while away from home.

Thanks very much!
    2012 RTS M5 , Baja Ron Blue