Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Jump in here

Hard starting meaning-
    1- motor cranks over freely with no fire
    2- motor cranks slow with no fire
    3- motor cranks and hit and miss to stall when started.

just trying to narrow down possibilities.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gsebring View Post
    Hard starting meaning-
    1- motor cranks over freely with no fire
    2- motor cranks slow with no fire
    3- motor cranks and hit and miss to stall when started.

just trying to narrow down possibilities.
    Cranks freely with no hit. I just went out for about 3 hrs and temp was about 90 and came home and shut her down and she started right up and again 15 minutes later. Whether it was the topping off or not I will not do it again. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Thanks, everyone. Hope it is a thing in the past. Thanks again, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CHARCOAL / EVAP CANNISTER

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    I see you are in Florida. I bought the bike from a guy in Tampa last year.

What does the canister do? Is it an EPA think. I always removed the EPA stuff on all 3 of my Yamaha viragos since it just made it run worse.

anyone hear ever remove one? Thanks, Mike
    Like I said in my post #23 .... the 1330 is designed different and it can't become contaminated from gas overflow ....the hose system was re-routed .... vapors can rise but GAS will not ............Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Where is it?

June 13th of 2014, with 1 mile on it, the salesman, Vinnie, told me to not "top off the tank". But then he added maybe not, he wasn't sure if this problem was fixed with the '14's. It was a problem with previous RT models. I have ridden this bike lots of miles and do most of maintenance work. But I don't know where this canister is. The dealer where I bought it says they've replaced several canisters. But I'm cheap and don't want to leave the bike away from home if I can do it myself. Besides, any day my Spyder isn't here, I don't get to ride.
    I am getting surging also when the engine is cold. Maybe this canister cleansing will fix this too?
    Thanks to all.
    Hey Joe, want to come over to help? I know your '13 RT-L is much different, but it's still fun getting your hands dirty, and under that tupperware it is.
    Buckeye Chuck 54

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    And yet you do it anyway.

Once the fuel gets into the vapor canister, you're screwed.
    It then needs to be cleaned out or replaced.

Another symptom of that is unstable idle and surging at constant throttle.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, She seems to be run good now.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that this mystery appears to have healed itself.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It's better to be lucky than good I've heard
    Will it ever stop--NO