Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailers to haul 2015 Spyder RT

I have a 2015 Spyder RT Limited and am looking for an open trailer to haul it on. I have looked at the Ultimate Trailers and think their price is way to high.
    I read in the forum that somebody used an Aluma UT10 and I could not find the thread again. I am wondering how this trailer worked out. Looking at the
    specs the ramp is only 63" wide and the RT is 61.9" wide according to BRP this seems a little tight to me, also there is wheel stops for the front wheels.
    Also does the front nose clear the ramp while loading, I would hate for the nose to hit. I am undecided at this point any help would be great.

Mike T

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Open Trailer for Hauling Spyder RT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4143 View Post
    I have a 2015 Spyder RT Limited and am looking for an open trailer to haul it on. I have looked at the Ultimate Trailers and think their price is way to high.
    I read in the forum that somebody used an Aluma UT10 and I could not find the thread again. I am wondering how this trailer worked out. Looking at the
    specs the ramp is only 63" wide and the RT is 61.9" wide according to BRP this seems a little tight to me, also there is wheel stops for the front wheels.
    Also does the front nose clear the ramp while loading, I would hate for the nose to hit. I am undecided at this point any help would be great.

Mike T
    Check out TRITON AUT 1064 Aluminum Trailer with Bi-Fold Ramp. Weighs 400 pounds. 64" inside X 120" long.. Mine has hauled 2 wheelers, Tractors, GS and RT's for 8 years. Plenty of clearance for my '15 RT-L. Has EZ Lube hubs.. Low maintenance.

Spyder Garage

Mike T
    Might have been the TK1:https://youtu.be/psn_IGQ-uxo
    https://youtu.be/psn_IGQ-uxo

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ridesilver2009 View Post
    Check out TRITON AUT 1064 Aluminum Trailer with Bi-Fold Ramp. Weighs 400 pounds. 64" inside X 120" long.. Mine has hauled 2 wheelers, Tractors, GS and RT's for 8 years. Plenty of clearance for my '15 RT-L. Has EZ Lube hubs.. Low maintenance.
    That trailer will need some front 4' panel shield to block the road debri from hitting the Spyder. We used an open trailer to haul a motorcycle to Florida. Used wrapping material to cover the bike--wrapped it really tight. After a few hundred miles the wind tore the wrapping loose--rewrapped it again & after a few more hundred miles the wind tore it loose for the 2nd time.. Wouldn't be that difficult to use plywood to form a U shaped barrier around the front. Craigslist usually has a few slightly used trailers for a decent price. Good Luck.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info I will look that trailer up.

Spyder Garage

Get a fully enclosed trailer. You will never have to worry about your Spyder. 7X12, with brakes. Always get brakes. Much safer! Aluminum is better. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I have an Aluma 7210, with the bifold ramp gate.
    You can dismount and walk off the back of the trailer.
    Have never high centered my Spyder. The ramp has a built in arch to it.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

I'll second the Aluma 7210 with the bifold ramp, mine has the 24 inch rack set on it, which gives a solid 2 foot rock guard across the front. It's worked well for me.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Trailer

This is my set, up it's an Aluma 7210. Have towed this many miles with no problems. This was $2,600 but Aluma has since come out with a new line called Aluma Elite price for one of those was $1,995 didn't see any difference.0604171005 (002).jpg
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Spyder Garage

Thanks for input guys, you have given me some options to consider

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSpyder View Post
    This is my set, up it's an Aluma 7210. Have towed this many miles with no problems. This was $2,600 but Aluma has since come out with a new line called Aluma Elite price for one of those was $1,995 didn't see any difference.0604171005 (002).jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Road Debris

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    That trailer will need some front 4' panel shield to block the road debri from hitting the Spyder. We used an open trailer to haul a motorcycle to Florida. Used wrapping material to cover the bike--wrapped it really tight. After a few hundred miles the wind tore the wrapping loose--rewrapped it again & after a few more hundred miles the wind tore it loose for the 2nd time.. Wouldn't be that difficult to use plywood to form a U shaped barrier around the front. Craigslist usually has a few slightly used trailers for a decent price. Good Luck.
    Darrell
    I have the Triton Buckboard option. NO ROAD DEBRIS ! Pulled through Road construction gravel, Mud, Rain, Snow, and Sleet. No dings

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

I bought the Droptail trailer for mine and couldn't be happier with it. It's light enough to move around, I can use for anything and it stores standing up so it is a small footprint and the price was right.

Spyder Garage

Mike T
    I have this trailer and love it.

2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

I looked up the trailer and the rock shield for that trailer looks like it is pretty low. It doesn't look like it would give much protection.

Spyder Garage

No protection on the front of trailer and I could not find the 7210 model and I did not see the Elite model.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSpyder View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Love our enclosed trailer

Have seen people attempt about every way to cover or protect a sled in the winter. Most end up with damage from the cover material itself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You may want to take a look at a tilt bed 6810T aluma trailer. They make a few tilt bed open trailers.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed V-Nose Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Have seen people attempt about every way to cover or protect a sled in the winter. Most end up with damage from the cover material itself.
    I have an enclosed 7X10 V-Nose trailer that is great. It is perfect for hauling the Spyder.20160812_192218.jpg20160823_192757.jpg It also has electric brakes and I have since put shelving in for helmets and jackets.

Spyder Garage

6x12 Utility Trailer from Triple Crown. Nothing fancy but works great!
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JaDaPol View Post
    I have an enclosed 7X10 V-Nose trailer that is great. It is perfect for hauling the Spyder.20160823_192757.jpg It also has electric brakes and I have since put shelving in for helmets and jackets.
    Like that on the front. Electric brakes are great.

Spyder Garage

Mike T
    Something to check for sure is the loading ramp angle, which can accidentally be changed by where you're loading and what height your tow vehicle tongue height is. I did damage my own '13 Frunk when trying to load up a solid ramp whilst on an inclined driveway with a loaner truck. I've learned to keep some spare 18in long 2x6 "short ramps" and double check my deck angle before loading up or off. I used an Aluma 7210 to take my RT to Spyderfest, check your local dealers they may have models that the websites don't show.
    Aluma 7210.jpg
    It has a Front wall that the side rails attach to that offers great protection (and keeps my brush and yard waste in too)
    Aluma 7210 with Front protection.jpg
    Last edited by DGoebel; 09-27-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have the same trailer. Perfect for my Spyder and tows really good.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

I'm using an 18' utility trailer to haul two rydes, my issue is with the ramp. its too steep and the exhaust scrapes. I need to find someone to extend the ramp at least 50% its current length. Anyone else have this problem?

Spyder Garage

Just find a nice aluminum 6x10 utility trailer with either a bifold ramp back, or a one piece ramp, or no ramp on the back at all, and pick up some cheap ramps most anywhere. I found two sets of ramps on Craigslist for $60 for both sets. If you have a good vehicle to tow with, any option will work. Then just pick up 6 good D-Rings for the deck and mount them so that there is a ring in front of, and in back of each tire. Strap it down with a single strap over each tire, and good to go.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

IMG_20170930_135735183.jpg

77"x12' with 4' tailgate. No probems at all