Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Success, install Tricled wide-vu mirrors today

I installed the wide-vu mirrors today. I used a suggestion from a previous post and cut out cardboard and placed the cardboard around the mirror. After peeling off the backing, I worked the mirror from outside edge to inside edge. It work out great. I also like the wider view. Thanks to Tricled for making terrific spyder accessories. Dale

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    I installed the wide-vu mirrors today. I used a suggestion from a previous post and cut out cardboard and placed the cardboard around the mirror. After peeling off the backing, I worked the mirror from outside edge to inside edge. It work out great. I also like the wider view. Thanks to Tricled for making terrific spyder accessories. Dale

Thanks a lot Dale!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Well done....

Nice thing about getting them at the Red Rock Rally is you get to meet the Tricled people and get some of what you buy installed free...Cindy started to do mine but handed it off to Reggie... she had sales to deal with....but you are right they are great....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    The cardboard shims also worked for me. I also love the new mirrors.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I got mine a couple of weeks before red rock. Didn't know about the cardboard trick so just stuck them on. One is a hair off but I am the only one who knows. They are great. It was good to meet Cindy at red rock and she even sold me a few stick on spyders. Now, properly adjusted, I can see cars behind me in both mirrors. No more blind spots.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Thank you, but can you be more specific with the cardboard template procedure? I plan on ordering very soon.

Thanks

Ramg66

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I put pieces of cardboard at the bottom of the mirror and on one side. This gave two sides to get proper placement of the mirror. You get one chance to stick it on right. Mine are not perfect, but only I know. The cardboard shims the mirror into proper placement.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default mirrors

Some time in the middle of the night,early thursday morning I ordered a set of mirrors.About nine that morning I recieved an email from Cindy that they were shipped.The next day at noon they were in my mail box.This was a couple of weeks ago.My mirrors came inside of a plastic frame.all I had to do was peal the tape off the sticky side and they just fit the mirrors perfectly.Thats probley not a good explination.Maby Cindy will chime in here and explane it a little better.Its a great product with great service.What more can I say,life is good.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Nice thing about getting them at the Red Rock Rally is you get to meet the Tricled people and get some of what you buy installed free...Cindy started to do mine but handed it off to Reggie... she had sales to deal with....but you are right they are great....
    LOL! Reggy said: I'll install that, there's someone looking for you at the booth!
    Thats why I handed it off to him.. ha ha..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Wide Vu mirror install

Quote Originally Posted by Ramg66 View Post
    Thank you, but can you be more specific with the cardboard template procedure? I plan on ordering very soon.

Thanks

Ramg66
    Hi Ramg66,

for the F3T/L/ST model & F3/RS/GS model, no need for template.. as our Wide Vu mirrors for these models come with a molded edges, that cup right into your OEM mirrors. All you need to do, clean your mirror, peel off the backing and stick it on.
    Then press gently and hold it for a few seconds to ensure all the backing side are sticking.

For RT model, there is no molding, its flat to stick on to your OEM. The easiest way to do it for me:
    -gently score the red adhesive protector sheet in the middle using exacto-knife. I think its easier to peel the backing from the center.
    -peel off the backing.
    -start from right to left, slowly aligning the edge of Wide vu mirror to OEM.. this way if you see they don't line up you can still adjust the wide vu mirror slightly. (up or down)

Let me know if you have questions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy-TricLED View Post
    Hi Ramg66,

for the F3T/L/ST model & F3/RS/GS model, no need for template.. as our Wide Vu mirrors for these models come with a molded edges, that cup right into your OEM mirrors. All you need to do, clean your mirror, peel off the backing and stick it on.
    Then press gently and hold it for a few seconds to ensure all the backing side are sticking.

For RT model, there is no molding, its flat to stick on to your OEM. The easiest way to do it for me:
    -gently score the red adhesive protector sheet in the middle using exacto-knife. I think its easier to peel the backing from the center.
    -peel off the backing.
    -start from right to left, slowly aligning the edge of Wide vu mirror to OEM.. this way if you see they don't line up you can still adjust the wide vu mirror slightly. (up or down)

Let me know if you have questions.
    So If I buy them for the 2015 F3 I don't have to worry about them being on Straight?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    So If I buy them for the 2015 F3 I don't have to worry about them being on Straight?
    Nope, you don't need to worry.. just clean, peel, stick.