Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

i bought my rts as a leftover after the 16s came out. we dont own a smartphone
    and a bluetooth should have whitener on it.im techno deficient. i love the blackout
    lower ,hated the black wheels. gotta have a little sparkle . thats why i now have 3
    sets of wheels! someday i might have a silver or chrome rear but it saved us tons
    when we bought it and its probably the last bike[?] we will own. we have had almost
    12,000 miles of smiles on it. the new gauge looks cool. wouldnt mind putting the
    blackout lamps on an older one. kinda looks like the tupperware didnt change.
    yes? no? thanks for reading and ride safe everyone.----irv and joyce
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    It is still basically the RTS. It is just called a RTL black. At 29,299 it went up 1,000 because of the new display.
    Bingo.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k7xi View Post
    "I don't like chrome". What kinda talk is that??
    Communist, subversive, illegal and immoral!
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by collinsmandm View Post
    On the same page. I don't have time to be cleaning all that chrome and didn't need the GPS so the RTS was the easy choice.
    I'm with you on that one. I'm not one to have a clean bike all the time either. I took a 9100 mile trip out west back in July with 3 other bikes, 2 Harleys and 1 Indian plus my RTS. Guess who was cleaning there bikes almost every evening? Well it wasn't me. About all I would clean would be the windsheld and I wouldn't do that every day. I bought my bike to ride,, not to look pretty riding. I did spend a day after the trip cleaning the bike and it does look good when its clean.

IMG_0487.jpg

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A bike with some road grime on it, is a sign of a bike being ridden...
    And THAT: is a sign of a happy rider!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    All three now have that "Alaska Grunge" look. We washed both 's once so far this season. The Vulcan has yet to be washed. I am thinking another three to four weeks before winter layup. It has turned cold early this year. Nighttime temps are going to be in the thirties next week. The end is near. And that is for real.

If you have been following the Internet version of Saturdays "end," they said the guy has changed his mind. We are good past Saturday. You will get to try out your motorhome.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hey I managed 20000 miles in 13 months. I am happiest when its clean so once a week, need it or not it gets washed!
    Last edited by Pirate looks at --; 09-22-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default last one

i bought this bike 2015 rt-s as my last bike and after reading all the comments about new models and there short comings i think this will be my last am just going to keep this one for as long as i can ride i got all that custom stuff out of my system on my last two wheeler just added sat radio gps driver backrest done

Spyder Garage

I have less than 10k on my 14rts. We'll be keeping it for a long time now that I seen the 2018 models. The 18 rt doesn't have the same front fenders as the Rtl. It has the old style. I like my lighted fenders and my factory floorboards. I was hoping for the third brake light, but that didn't happen on the new models. As far as the Bluetooth and mapping I guess l'll be saving up for a Sena 10 or 20 next.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2014 RT-S. I looked at what the RT-Limited came with, and figured the GPS and frunk suitcase weren't worth the additional money. I also thought the extra chrome looked overdone, but then, I'm a pretty basic, meat-and-potatoes kinda guy. Plus, the RT-S's blacked-out wheels disguise the road grime, especially brake dust.

As for cleaning, I think some bug-spackle speaks to a happy, well-used machine.

Spyder Garage

Default Just curious

Why is there so much controversy over the new 2018 RTL and no more RTS? If you look at the BRP website under the models for for 2018 & 2017. The new 2018 RTL is essentially an RTS with the new console and you have the option of either the chrome package or the blacked out option. It is about $1000 more than a 2017 RTS because of the new console & stereo upgrade I'm sure. If you look at the 2017 RTL it is about $1700 more than the new 2018 RTL. I'm sure this is because you no longer get the embroidered seat, Garmin 590 GPS and front travel bag. Anyhow, this is just my observation. I personally like the new 2018 RTL or the F3L because you have the option of either chrome or black. In the end it's comes down to personal choice to what makes someone happy with what they have.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harry1025 View Post
    i bought this bike 2015 rt-s as my last bike and after reading all the comments about new models and there short comings i think this will be my last am just going to keep this one for as long as i can ride i got all that custom stuff out of my system on my last two wheeler just added sat radio gps driver backrest done
    I certainly don't see any short coming's to the new RT line-up. The new infortainment system should be a real upgrade to an already great machine!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Well if you can order either the chrome or the blacked out version is there a price difference? Many times chrome cost more to make.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    I went with the 2017 RTS over the Limited because I preferred the blacked-out look over the chrome bling. I guess I was in the minority if they are not offering the RTS anymore.
    Then I pulled off all the bland sliver pieces and blacked them all! I love the look!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Well if you can order either the chrome or the blacked out version is there a price difference? Many times chrome cost more to make.
    I could be wrong, but if you do the build and price they are listed the same in either chrome or black option.