Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sport Mode sort if disables the Traction Control system...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-21-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Result will be something like this: Entry level.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Wonder if it will be a two wheeler..they are gonna have to do some serious cutting to get down to under $10.000....

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    They're not going to give any specifics on a future model, because they want to see you buy something now!
    That's just how the business World operates: they didn't invent the tactic...
    Ford did something like this in 2004. That was the last year of the 2nd. generation Lightning. It was rumored that in 2006 they would do a SVT version called the Adenalin. Partially because of this, the local dealers couldn't sell any, and discounted their $31k truck to $25k. On top of that, they did 2 year leases on them because no one wanted to buy one if something was coming out better in 2 years.
    But, the joke was on us, the Adenalin ended up being a sport trac with some graphics and not much else. Then much later SVT brought out the Raptor which has nothing to do with a 2 wheeled drive sport truck.
    I wish BRP luck, but there is nothing new on the 2018 that gets my motor running, but to each their own. As for a $10k spyder, we can only hope.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

if an instrument cluster is about all they can come up with then they have think tank issues! maybe by the time the 2028 models come out they will incorporate shaft drive to actually make these machines smooth. not that I could ever afford one anywho. I do like the new blue. reminds me of the old DuPont ice blue lacquer from about 45 years ago.

Spyder Garage

Well to me it seems like the Spyder line is not very profitable for BRP, and why would they continue to invest money in a product that doesn't sell well. This is why there are less and less changes each year. I drove across the country on vacation and saw only about three Spyders on the road the whole trip compared to seeing thousands of motorcycles. I love Can-Am Spyders but I think their time is coming to an end.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wheeler View Post
    Well to me it seems like the Spyder line is not very profitable for BRP, and why would they continue to invest money in a product that doesn't sell well. This is why there are less and less changes each year. I drove across the country on vacation and saw only about three Spyders on the road the whole trip compared to seeing thousands of motorcycles. I love Can-Am Spyders but I think their time is coming to an end.
    If a division of BRP doesn't make bank they do cut them off. That's what they did with jet boats. I don't know. I feel like I'm seeing more and more Spyders when I go for rides now. Mostly RT's though.

Is the issue people aren't interested in the Spyder or is the problem BRP isn't giving them something to be interested in. To drop that kind of cash BRP has to provide me with a product I want.....really want. Last few years they have not been doing that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    It will be a new model Spyder under $10,000. Due out fall of next year
    So I sold my 2012 with 18,500 Miles for $8,600 and it took me a year to finally sell it???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Found some Info on Project S

Pretty awesome nonetheless.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-31-2023 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Ultimate Seats ST Midrider
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Show Chrome Brake Pedal Extension
    Excelvan X-Grip Cell Phone Holder w/USB Charger
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:
    6'-1" - 205lbs - 32"IS - 34"Reach

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like my 2008 just fine. That is because BRP hasn't come out with anything besides the ST that draws my attention. I've set up my GS like an ST.. so why change? Therein lies the challenge that BRP has to overcome. All these years of RT and now the F3 and nothing revolutionary about the 2018 design, just more of the same. If I wanted the same bike year after year with nothing but color changes or added chrome, I'd have bought a Harley.
    Last edited by asp125; 09-21-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess brp have two markets - people who already have a spyder, and potential buyers.

Seems the main thought here is "they aren't doing enough for us" - the people who already own one.

Personally I don't want untested changes just for the sake of change ... Or a brand new model every year - an unrealistic expectation imo.

The investment in an entry model is an investment in the future, reaching new owners, and strengthening the brand. As I've said elsewhere, we all win in this scenario.

Economies of scale will tip in at some point - again, a win.

Re the comment that an entry model will reduce our resale values - really?? Or have you thought that people who start on the entry model may move on to our resales?

We all have our wish list - and we all have different things on that list ! I am happy that brp is progressing the brand and aiming at new owners - meantime also introducing modern integrated gauge cluster - quite a win I would have thought.

Spyder Garage

I wait every year, and lately it is only getting worse. No joke here, I am going to have to buy used or a hold over to find anything worth owning. By the way, My RS-S is the only spyder my 15 year old daughter will get on. She, and all of her friends think the other models are ugly, or grandma machines. That is why the market is cooling off. Now the F3 is only taking away from RT sales.

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    I guess brp have two markets - people who already have a spyder, and potential buyers.

Seems the main thought here is "they aren't doing enough for us" - the people who already own one.

Personally I don't want untested changes just for the sake of change ... Or a brand new model every year - an unrealistic expectation imo.

The investment in an entry model is an investment in the future, reaching new owners, and strengthening the brand. As I've said elsewhere, we all win in this scenario.

Economies of scale will tip in at some point - again, a win.

Re the comment that an entry model will reduce our resale values - really?? Or have you thought that people who start on the entry model may move on to our resales?

We all have our wish list - and we all have different things on that list ! I am happy that brp is progressing the brand and aiming at new owners - meantime also introducing modern integrated gauge cluster - quite a win I would have thought.
    Aiming at new owners with $20,000 and $30,000 machines??? Or releasing your entry model at the end of the riding season??? BRP is just as out of touch as they have always been, and until there is some competition, they will continue to do whatever they want.

Just sayin'.............
    Last edited by otter28169; 09-21-2017 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No
    $10,000 entry level Spyder - not sure where you got your numbers from

Riding season? Wouldn't know, we ride all year
    Last edited by loisk; 09-22-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Whenever Apple comes out with a new mobile device they usually include a new operating system BUT that same system can also be downloaded onto older devices unless the hardware cannot support it. It would be nice if the new dash can be installed on older models. In daylight the present dash pretty much sucks and it would be sweet to magnify. But spending $25K+ for a dashboard, or gold rims? I don't think so.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wait every year, and lately it is only getting worse. No joke here, I am going to have to buy used or a hold over to find anything worth owning.

Same here Otter28169. I won't buy used so that leaves a holdover. I just hate to buy a bike that's a 2 year holdover and then have BRP release something I want 6-12 months later. Who knew I'd want to spend money but there wouldn't be a Spyder worth buying I'd go back to 2 wheels before I bought any of the current line-up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    Whenever Apple comes out with a new mobile device they usually include a new operating system BUT that same system can also be downloaded onto older devices unless the hardware cannot support it. It would be nice if the new dash can be installed on older models. In daylight the present dash pretty much sucks and it would be sweet to magnify. But spending $25K+ for a dashboard, or gold rims? I don't think so.
    I would bet that the new screen won't be able to cure the issue of glare; nothing can!
    Backward compatibility has never been BRP's strongest suit...
    But that would reduce sales of the "latest and greatest", so I'm not sure if it would make sense for them to pursue it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Wonder if it will be a two wheeler..they are gonna have to do some serious cutting to get down to under $10.000....
    OR, they've been ripping us all off at the current prices!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I just hate to buy a bike that's a 2 year holdover and then have BRP release something I want 6-12 months later.
    Isn't that really a possibility of nearly everything nowadays that's been in production for 2 years? Cars, phones, computers, TVs.....

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    As I said yesterday not much would change and still has all the same problems. Vibrating belt, bad tires ECT. Not impressed with brp.
    Then you should definitely sell that motorcycle, cause it ain't getting any better!
    Last edited by Pirate looks at --; 09-22-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    Let's see RT with 3 wheeles $30,000
    $10,000 buys 1 wheel
    That will be a big change
    Here it is; as requested!

IMG_2184.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-31-2023 at 06:49 PM. Reason: .
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wheeler View Post
    The Spyder line has yet to turn a profit!

Spyder Garage

I like the new cluster... plus the Bluetooth looks to be an improvement over the outdated "dongle" system. I'm currently planning on hanging the "for sale" sign on mine, I should be able to get enough to pay off the loan and pocket the rest to take care of bills between now and spring. The "black out" option for the RT limited and F3t limited has my attention, and the price for the RT limited looks about even with what I spent on my STS but with the addition of top & side cases and the electric windshield I found myself wishing I had. Funny thing is most of the year I'd been tossing the idea of this or switch to a dual sport ADV (R1200GSA, ok I'll admit, some writings by a really swell drummer by the name of Mr. Peart influenced me a bit). But being 90% of my riding experience has been on the spyder or on ATV's it's likely I'll give 3 wheels another go. I've been seeing quite a bit of those RTs on the road especially out west since I started running those states.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    As requested!IMG_2184.jpg
    Too "spacey" for my tastes...
    I prefer the classics!

28789_6dbcf735222f96441a75c4e240a43b9e_large.jpg

Spyder Garage

What Happened

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I wait every year, and lately it is only getting worse. No joke here, I am going to have to buy used or a hold over to find anything worth owning. By the way, My RS-S is the only spyder my 15 year old daughter will get on. She, and all of her friends think the other models are ugly, or grandma machines. That is why the market is cooling off. Now the F3 is only taking away from RT sales.

Aiming at new owners with $20,000 and $30,000 machines??? Or releasing your entry model at the end of the riding season??? BRP is just as out of touch as they have always been, and until there is some competition, they will continue to do whatever they want.

Just sayin'.............
    I have to totally disagree with you! BRP is doing exactly what the market is asking for. I have been conducting demo rydes for BRP for the last two years. We are leading prospective buyers on rydes of 30 to 45 minutes. It is awesome to see the smiles on the faces of these folks when they come back from those rydes. Some are disabled, many are not as fortunate as some of us that can afford to purchase these beautiful highly advanced machines. The biggest hurdle in the sales process for these people is finding a way to get them qualified to purchase a Spyder. It is very sad when they get turned away and the smiles turn to frowns. Two years ago I was a part of a "focus group" conducted by the BRP EVP of design and innovation. One of the major topics and areas of interest that came from this group was the need for an entry Spyder to get people started along the Spyder path. So they do listen, and they do care!

Spyder Garage

I would bet that the new screen won't be able to cure the issue of glare; nothing can!
    Backward compatibility has never been BRP's strongest suit...
    But that would reduce sales of the "latest and greatest", so I'm not sure if it would make sense for them to pursue it.
    Simple affordable way to cut down on glare! Don't wear light colored clothing!