Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    yes car tires work just fine with the ABS and the traction control.
    That should not be a big surprise, since the OEM Kenda's really are "car tires".......just designed for a very light "car".

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    That should not be a big surprise, since the OEM Kenda's really are "car tires".......just designed for a very light "car".
    In TRUTH - there are no cars made that can SAFELY use the Spyder Kenda tires...…. and the VEE rubber won't either …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...…….. I've travelled close to 100,000 mi. on my GS - RSS -and RT all with auto tires of various brands …. never had any issue with the Traction control or VSS …………. other than the auto tires had more traction so the VSS spoke to me more frequently ….. not a bad thing ……. Mike
    What do you mean that the VSS spoke to you more frequently?
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    What do you mean that the VSS spoke to you more frequently?
    That was " slang " for - the VSS activated more often or sooner because the tires had more traction. …. imho the main or strongest trigger for tripping the VSS is " lateral G forces " ie the Spyder wants to go to the right in Left hand turns and Left in Right hand turns …. The traction of the tires prevents this - ONLY to a certain limit tho ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

old Story .. there are winter/summer/racing ...tyres on the market for different applications - for me I need a tire which brings the best performance also on wet roads ( specially when i have to brake with my Girl on the back)
    I really had Problems with the Kenda in the rain ..

so I used this one here on my RT, found it much better ! I also got it on my new Ryker (the dealer changed it for free )
    (I change around all 7.000 mls ..)

greetings from the Alps !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    old Story .. there are winter/summer/racing ...tyres on the market for different applications - for me I need a tire which brings the best performance also on wet roads ( specially when i have to brake with my Girl on the back)
    I really had Problems with the Kenda in the rain ..

so I used this one here on my RT, found it much better ! I also got it on my new Ryker (the dealer changed it for free )
    (I change around all 7.000 mls ..)

greetings from the Alps !
    with your choice …. bought one years ago and put it on my 2014 RT …. got decent mileage …. and was good in the wet ….. it was OUTSTANDING in the dry ….stickiest tire I have ever4 had on any of my three Spyders ….. it was Sooooooooooooooooooo sticky ...the Nanay ( VSS ) didn't like it at all .... you can increase the Spyders " G " force ability only so far, then the Nanny says SLOW down ……...On an F-3 with the reduced VSS control it would be incredible …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi,
    I recently purchased a 2015 ST Limited and I've tried to muddle through all the posts on tires. I've come to the conclusion, just before pushing the purchase button on Vee Arachnids that automobile tires would be best, and the Yokohama S Drive might be the tire of choice? Would you still agree with that choice for Vermont roads?

Lorna