Spyder Garage

Cool Anyone have a 2015 RT Spyder Wiring Diagram?

Does anyone have a color wiring diagram for a 2015 Spyder RT.
    Want to wire a plug from the left & right turn signals, and the stop/running lights for my trailer.
    I need to know what the different color wires represent.
    Thanks, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2022 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a wiring diagram, but I highly recommend you buy a plug-n-play trailer harness. I installed one on my 2014 and it was super easy, doesnt cut into stock wires, and has a flat 4 plug for the trailer.
    https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...-rt-2010-2017/
    or
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/18352073827...EAAOSwc-tY09Qk
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 01-21-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I suggest you get a copy of the service manual. It has the wiring diagram in it. www.canammanuals.com About $30.

But as Joel suggests, do not wire your trailer directly to the the Spyder wiring, use an isolater. It's especially important for the turn signal wiring. The bike turn signals are fed directly from the cluster with no fuse between the cluster and turn signal lights. If you would ever happen to have a short in the trailer wiring you could possible damage the cluster. That would be a multiple hundreds of dollars repair.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hmm? My trailer has six wires, one pair for each turn signal and a pair for the stop light. There is no wiring (yet) for the running light. There is no light fixture for the license plate.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Each of those pairs contains a ground wire. All of the ground wires get connected together and count as one wire. The trailer harnesses I suggested convert to a 4 wire system. If your trailer has separate amber turn signals, then it is a 5 wire setup...1-ground, 2-brake, 3-running light/license plate, 4-left turn, and 5-right turn. If you only have 2 rear lights, then it will be a 4 wire setup...1-ground, 2-running light/license plate, 3-left turn/brake, 4-right turn/brake. If you need a 5 wire setup for separate amber turn signals, then use this harness: https://store.valueaccessories.net/T...sSpyderRT.aspx . You will need to buy a universal 5 wire trailer pigtail at walmart.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 01-22-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Spyder Garage

Joel;
    Why not just splice into the Spyder wiring for the turning signals, running and brake lights?
    I noticed the Spyder left and right turn signal wiring are different colors. Wonder if they have different commons or the same common?
    Just curious.

I'm also planning on buying a service manual.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes they all have the same common ground. You can damage the spyder. They are not as robust as the wiring and control systems you find on cars and trucks. The turn signals go through the instrument cluster and if it is overloaded or shorted, it will be an expensive repair. If you do it, you will soon regret it. It will also cause hyperflash. I know people splice into them for accessory lights, but trailers are notorious for shorts. Does your trailer have separate amber turn signals? If it doesnt, then you need a 5-wire to 4-wire converter for the trailer wiring. Please install the proper harness.
    trailer-light-wiring-diagram-4-pin7-pin-plug-house-electrical-pertaining-to-4-flat-trailer-wirin.jpg
    5wire.jpg
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 01-22-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

Joel,
    I understand what you are saying. I plan on going with the proper harness. Was just curious as to why a harness was necessary.
    Regarding the trailer: the turn signal lights are single element. And: there is one dual element rear light for running and brake.
    I had run this trailer for over ten years on a 94 Shadow 1100. I spliced the bike's rear wiring for the trailer since it did not have a harness setup like the Spyder.
    Needless to say, bike wiring these days, like most cars and trucks, is much more complicated with all the instrumentation / computer electronics.
    Now with the existing trailer wiring; it appears that a 4 wire connector should work with one common ground to all three lights?
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by turbineman View Post
    Joel,
    I understand what you are saying. I plan on going with the proper harness. Was just curious as to why a harness was necessary.
    Regarding the trailer: the turn signal lights are single element. And: there is one dual element rear light for running and brake.
    I had run this trailer for over ten years on a 94 Shadow 1100. I spliced the bike's rear wiring for the trailer since it did not have a harness setup like the Spyder.
    Needless to say, bike wiring these days, like most cars and trucks, is much more complicated with all the instrumentation / computer electronics.
    Now with the existing trailer wiring; it appears that a 4 wire connector should work with one common ground to all three lights?
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
    I would love to see a picture of the trailer lights for clarification, but from what you describe, it sounds like you have one brake/running light and separate turn signals on your trailer. That would require a 5 wire plug. Yes, the grounds can all be wired together and count as one wire(the white wire on a trailer plug).
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 01-22-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Understand, thanks again.