Spyder Garage

Default Squared Away the best

Big thanks to Joe and Ann from Squared Away. I was aware that they would be attending the Nor Cal Spyder Rally and I emailed Joe to see if they would install some LED lights on my 2015 F3S. Joe responded with "just make an appointment at the rally". So when I arrive and approached Joe I detected a look of "discouraged pain". He had previously installed LED lights on an F3 and he really could not afford to loose any more blood.
    However, they did find Lisa with small hands who agreed to the install. After many consultations and guidance from Joe and Ann and hours of frustrating hand squeezing surgery, we were able to get the lights installed.
    Despite the frustrating install Joe/Ann provided encouragement and humor. I appoloigize for not knowing Lisas' last name, but she did a great job and stuck with the install for hours.
    Squared Away is the bomb! So is LISA.

Spyder Garage

Default What can one say...👍

They are the best... they always go above and beyond to help you get what you want....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Ann and Joe are the best. Great folks that do great work.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Joe and Ann are great folks!

Spyder Garage

Ya I agree...and they will be at Red Rock Rally next week scraping knuckles again.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ann and Joe really are all about helping folks however they can

I showed up at the rally (No. Cal) with a dead headlight. Although they already had a full schedule, Joe and Ann graciously and generously helped ensure I left there with both headlights working. They make a delightful team and are always pleasant to be around. Thanks!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yup, I agree with all above, great folks.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I showed up at the rally (No. Cal) with a dead headlight. Although they already had a full schedule, Joe and Ann graciously and generously helped ensure I left there with both headlights working. They make a delightful team and are always pleasant to be around. Thanks!
    What is it with the headlights on the 2014's? I replaced two (a year apart) and now have switched to LED's. And headlight replacement is not for the faint of heart.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    What is it with the headlights on the 2014's? I replaced two (a year apart) and now have switched to LED's. And headlight replacement is not for the faint of heart.
    I should have been more specific. My headlights are the TricLEDs. After 6 months, one went out right before I set out on my trip and couldn't do anything about it. Ann helped me remove the bad one and gave me another to replace it. I'm glad I had both headlights working for the return trip, because the last 9 hours of it was in the dark in the desert and mountains.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On the second day of the rally we reluctantly agreed to install one set of headlights in an F3 and we were again reminded of why we said we would never, ever install another set. Don't know why they made the headlights on the F3 so difficult to get to, they aren't bad on the F3 T or Ltd, but it seems the F3 was certainly put together by tiny elves in a hollow tree. So later on day 2 Stan, Steamer, came by and asked us to install not 1 but 2 sets of LED headlights in his and his wife's F3. We took his phone number and told him if we were sitting around with nothing to do and we didn't feel like hitting ourselves in the head with a hammer we would give him a call. Well on the last day Lisa came by with her friend Dave. We were installing some lights on Dave's RT and Lisa said she loves to work on the bikes, Joe and I both noticed that she had small hands and she also owns an F3. She said she'd love to install the LEDs for us. She got the first light in in under 15 minutes, the second one took a bit longer but the first bike was done in under an hour. The second Spyder was not at all cooperative and it took her and Stan well over and hour to finally get both lights in.

My wrists are still bruised from the first install and I'm sure Stan and Lisa probably have bruises too. I now swear that I will never install another set of LED headlights on an F3.

Thanks Stan for being a great customer. Lisa if you're reading this thank you again for everything!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I'd rather install 20 sets of headlights in an RT than 1 set in an F3.

I also went through a number of bulbs in my RT, including changing one out in a muddy parking lot in the Yukon Territory, before switching to LEDs.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Awwww

Thank you for the kind words. We sure try to help as many as we can. I do concur, my hands are too large for this! The owners manual has several hours of steps to change the bulbs.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

they are the best

Spyder Garage

I should have been more specific. My headlights are the TricLEDs. After 6 months, one went out right before I set out on my trip and couldn't do anything about it. Ann helped me remove the bad one and gave me another to replace it. I'm glad I had both headlights working for the return trip, because the last 9 hours of it was in the dark in the desert and mountains.
    I am glad that you made it home safely! Wow 9 hours ryding in the dark (night time), not for me!
    I thought that one of the advantages of the LED headlights was longevity? Any clues as to what caused the failure?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Default Sooooooo AGREE

Bestest people...master of knowledge all things Spyder. High integrity. Never a worry dealing with Ann and Joe of Squared Away. Oh by the way they are headed to Red Rock...need something done...let them know ASAP...because of their excellent customer service and Laser Alignments, etc. they do get "booked" early.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up THE BEST

Joe and Anne are absolutely the BEST.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I am glad that you made it home safely! Wow 9 hours ryding in the dark (night time), not for me! I thought that one of the advantages of the LED headlights was longevity? Any clues as to what caused the failure?
    I wouldn't choose to do that again, believe me! Just my luck there was a storm front blowing through the Wasatch Mountains, so the last hour of driving was in a cold (42 degrees) rain. And, I had to leave my tinted face shield open for visibility. I can report though, that the Spyder performed flawlessly; it was the idiot in the driver's seat that was the problem.

Anyway, back to LED lights. Ann and Joe are puzzled over the occasional early failure of these (they've had others). Nobody seems to know what causes the premature failure at this point. I might start a thread on that topic.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Anyway, back to LED lights. Ann and Joe are puzzled over the occasional early failure of these (they've had others). Nobody seems to know what causes the premature failure at this point. I might start a thread on that topic.

That would be a good topic and perhaps helpful to many that have the LEDs or thinking about them. Thanks!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod