Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Cat Delete Replacement Pipe

While at the gas station last weekend (filling up before a ride to Tennessee) a fellow spyder rider pulls in with an awesome sounding bike. My husband and I immediately looked at each other. He knew what I was thinking... THAT is what I want my bike to sound like!!! Upon talking to the rider I discovered he had done the cat delete. I had been waffling back and forth, wondering if that was what would give my bike more growl. Hearing his bike was the confirmation I needed. I didn't know it at the time, but my husband went into the convenience store and ordered it online via his phone. Thanks to Lamonster's super fast shipping, I had my pipe by Wednesday and installed on Thursday!!! All I can say is WOW!!! I have the Voodoo exhaust and coupled with the cat delete pipe.... my F3 GROWLS like a monster!!! muuuahahahaha!!! The volume is gonna take some getting used to, but I love it! The downshift crackle is the BEST. I am SPYDER. Hear me ROAR!!! I can't wait to ride this weekend!

Spyder Garage

Default How about a sound clip Video

Quote Originally Posted by adzgrrrl View Post
    While at the gas station last weekend (filling up before a ride to Tennessee) a fellow spyder rider pulls in with an awesome sounding bike. My husband and I immediately looked at each other. He knew what I was thinking... THAT is what I want my bike to sound like!!! Upon talking to the rider I discovered he had done the cat delete. I had been waffling back and forth, wondering if that was what would give my bike more growl. Hearing his bike was the confirmation I needed. I didn't know it at the time, but my husband went into the convenience store and ordered it online via his phone. Thanks to Lamonster's super fast shipping, I had my pipe by Wednesday and installed on Thursday!!! All I can say is WOW!!! I have the Voodoo exhaust and coupled with the cat delete pipe.... my F3 GROWLS like a monster!!! muuuahahahaha!!! The volume is gonna take some getting used to, but I love it! The downshift crackle is the BEST. I am SPYDER. Hear me ROAR!!! I can't wait to ride this weekend!
    Can you record the sound with a video clip?? I'm wanting a bit more sound on mine as well.
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexAmRider View Post
    Can you record the sound with a video clip?? I'm wanting a bit more sound on mine as well.
    I tried recording it with my iPhone, but it really didn't do it justice. I will try with my "real" camera this weekend and see if it does any better.

Spyder Garage

I have had the cat delete pipe on my F3s for about 2 years now and love it. When I first got it I had the two brothers exhaust on but it was little to loud and obnoxious for me. Then I put the cat delete with the F3 exhaust end on it and it sounds great. Have fun!
    Last edited by mini73; 09-16-2017 at 05:48 AM.
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

I tried recording it with my iPhone, but it really didn't do it justice. I will try with my "real" camera this weekend and see if it does any better.
    Installing the Big Thunder City Baffle in the Cat bypass pipe does wonders for the sound--a touch on the loud side on initial startup but the auto down shift sound is beautiful--reminds me of the glass pack mufflers in the 70's :-)
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

After playing around with the cat bypass and and different exhausts on the RT, I ended up with the stock exhaust and the bypass. On my F3T I have the bypass, stock exhaust and a baffle. I ride for too many hours at a time to listen to a loud exhaust.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    After playing around with the cat bypass and and different exhausts on the RT, I ended up with the stock exhaust and the bypass. On my F3T I have the bypass, stock exhaust and a baffle. I ride for too many hours at a time to listen to a loud exhaust.
    after riding my Harleys around for years with loud exhaust and went deaf riding them, I went with the bypass pipe wrapped the baffle and left the stock muffler on the Spyder.
    It is a very close to stock sound maybe a bit deeper now.

Spyder Garage

The volume is gonna take some getting used to, but I love it! The downshift crackle is the BEST. I am SPYDER. Hear me ROAR!!! I can't wait to ride this weekend!
    Lamonster has the "can opener" style baffle that is better at removing the "rasp" these triples have. I have the Akra Straight Shot and am happy. But if I were to go with a bypass pipe I would def get the can opener baffle for mine and probably even add the Big City Thunder at the other end as well!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Cat Delete

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Lamonster has the "can opener" style baffle that is better at removing the "rasp" these triples have. I have the Akra Straight Shot and am happy. But if I were to go with a bypass pipe I would def get the can opener baffle for mine and probably even add the Big City Thunder at the other end as well!
    I've got the cat delete pipe on my 2015 F3S, plus I'm also running the Big City Thunder baffle and the Lamonster Can Opener baffle along with the stock muffler, love the sound and it runs great too. Both baffles help with the needed back pressure

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    I've got the cat delete pipe on my 2015 F3S, plus I'm also running the Big City Thunder baffle and the Lamonster Can Opener baffle along with the stock muffler, love the sound and it runs great too. Both baffles help with the needed back pressure
    Too bad you are so far away! I would def like to hear that to help me gauge the sound quality I would have with my Akra SS if I did the bypass and both baffles....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Cat delete

Too bad you are so far away! I would def like to hear that to help me gauge the sound quality I would have with my Akra SS if I did the bypass and both baffles....
    PM me with your email address and I'll send the first sound check video

Spyder Garage

Default TexAmRider...

I tried getting a good sound clip of the bike, and it just didn't translate well. It sounded much more "tinny" than in real life. One side note... after riding all day Saturday, I decided it was a little too loud for me. LOL. I installed the can opener baffle that came with the cat delete pipe and it's much better now - a little bit more "throaty" and it took the volume down just enough to not be quite so obnoxious. IMO.

Spyder Garage

Default sound clip

https://monsterfuelinjection.com/spyder/ Play the second video as this is what ANY 1330 motor would sound like with a cat delete with insert and a free flow exhaust like Two Brothers or the AKRA. Listen to the end of the clip for low and mid range sound. This exhaust set up can be surprisingly quite down low when just tooling around and bark a bit when really pumping the throttle. NOT nearly as loud LIKE A SPORT BIKE OR HARLEY FOR EXTREME LOUDNESS!!

Spyder Garage

I have run the Two Bros carbon fiber muffle on my last three Spyders 2011, 2012, 2014 and now on my 2017 F3 Limited and love the sound love their muffler

Very Happy Rider

Spyder Garage

What exactly does the cat delete pipe replacement do? is it more for sound or speed?

Spyder Garage

Default I got a new exhaust @ the Spyders in the Hills rally

A vendor (Spyder man exhaust) was there and I got rid of the cat & stock pipe..! Man, this bike sounds like a bike now .! Great improvement with sound quality, low and mid range power and I think a bit better fuel mileage..!
    I would highly recommend this guy ..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NVERLAST1 View Post
    What exactly does the cat delete pipe replacement do? is it more for sound or speed?
    Probably sound & top end speed. If interested I'll make you a good eal on the cat bypass & big city thunder baffle--50% of list plus shipping.

Spyder Garage

Default F3T

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Probably sound & top end speed. If interested I'll make you a good eal on the cat bypass & big city thunder baffle--50% of list plus shipping.
    Is the cat delete pipe you have for an F3T, because they are different ?
    If it'll fit a T or L I would like to purchase it.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post

2015 F3's SE6 Cat Pipe--I'm not aware of the difference's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    If it's the one Lamont sells it fits all models with the 1330.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Still available?
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Spyder Garage

I hope this post is not naïve to the extreme but I was under the impression that the cat was in the exhaust to cut down on (possibly) dangerous emissions. And, as in the case of most cars, is the output of the cat not monitored (Lambder sensor) so that the engine management chip can adjust the air/fuel mixture to ensure efficient burning?
    Please don't lead me into temptation, I already know the way. I can resist everything except temptation.

Spyder Garage

Default save your hearing

be sure to wear earplugs whenever you ride.

Spyder Garage

Does doing this affect the factory warrantee? Any good sound clips?

Spyder Garage

I have the bypass pipe and Big City baffle. I’m in the process to add the Can baffle this week to “ tone” the exhaust noise down a bit more. Everything concerning this modification was correct from what I’ve read in the forum(170 degree heat reduction/ better throttle response/ 23 lb weight reduction and somewhat more noise). Recently when I brought my FT3 in for the 3000 mile service the service manager indicated that if engine warranty work is required the BUDS system would detect the bypass delete pipe and I would be required to reinstall the primary muffler before diagnosis is implemented (which I think it’s BS).