Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake stuck on

Was going to ride the F3S tomorrow but the parking brake will not let go. I tried putting it in gear while on, rocking back and forth etc... any ideas? Maybe adjusting the brake at the rear wheel?
    Last edited by mini73; 09-13-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Iv'e repeated trying to release the parking brake and it still will not release to allow me to move the spyder! Any ideas? If I were to try to take it to the dealer I would not be able too!!!!
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

If you still have warranty, call road side assistance and test the value of that service
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default parking brake stuck on

Push the brake pedal like you want to brake it off and touch the release. Good luck

Ron F3 owner happened to me at US customs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe there is a way to release it - others have posted. Something to do with releasing/undoing something near the back brake bits.

maybe try a search?

Hopefully somebody who knows more will chip in...

sorry rbell, just saw your post - sounds much better!

Spyder Garage

Default Try this....

The park brake is cable operated. On the rear wheel right side you will find where that cable adjuster is attached. Loosen the nuts so you can release the cable. You will be able to move about but still need to find the problem...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    The park brake is cable operated. On the rear wheel right side you will find where that cable adjuster is attached. Loosen the nuts so you can release the cable. You will be able to move about but still need to find the problem...
    And keep a brick handy so the Spyder doesn't roll away!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for he replies. Have have done all that has been mentioned. I know I can loosen the cable on the back but that is not the answer as someone has said. I have searched but nothing comes up on the answer to my problem.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Default Brake

I was on a trip with my 13 RT when it happened to me. All roadside asst. would do for me was call a wrecker. I had to undo the cable like someone else mentioned complete the trip without the park brake and take it to the dealer when I returned.
    Something in that motor actuator has broken and will have to be replaced.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

just took the switch housing apart and nothing seems to be loose or off. Looked and felt around the parking brake motor and did not find any loose things?? Dont know what to do. Can I loosen up the nut on the back enough to ride it to the dealership to see if it is covered under the warranty and get it fixed? I don't have any problem of having it in first when parked. Its a manual anyways.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    just took the switch housing apart and nothing seems to be loose or off. Looked and felt around the parking brake motor and did not find any loose things?? Dont know what to do. Can I loosen up the nut on the back enough to ride it to the dealership to see if it is covered under the warranty and get it fixed? I don't have any problem of having it in first when parked. Its a manual anyways.
    ​I would get a can of silicone spray and with the E-Brake cover off spray it down good wait 30 minute before trying to see if it works. Electrical contact cleaner will work as well. Electrical contact switch could have corrosion or dirt. Electrically operated and mechanically applied.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Issue

I have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5 with just over 23,000 miles. The other day, I had pulled into a gas station, set the parking brake, filled the tank, then released the parking brake. Or so I thought. The bike would neither move in the forward or reverse direction, rather like I had a foot on the brake itself. I didn't. Turned the ignition off, then back on, the indicator warning, parking brake fault came on. The bike moved freely going forward, and in reverse, but the parking brake would not engage when placed into neutral. As well, putting it in gear in a parked position, has no effect. The bike still easily moves, forward or reverse. I asked the local dealership if the bike could still be driven safely with the PBF indicated, and was told, yes. Just so long as a brake fault itself did not appear, meaning the foot brake would no longer be functioning.
    The operator's manual states that when the parking brake fault light appears, the likely culprits are fuse number 3, and the parking brake sensor. I've checked the fuse and found it to be just fine.

Spyder Garage

Default Remember...

On the Se (semi auto) it will roll in both directions even when in gear as the clutch will not engage.

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    I have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5 with just over 23,000 miles. The other day, I had pulled into a gas station, set the parking brake, filled the tank, then released the parking brake. Or so I thought. The bike would neither move in the forward or reverse direction, rather like I had a foot on the brake itself. I didn't. Turned the ignition off, then back on, the indicator warning, parking brake fault came on. The bike moved freely going forward, and in reverse, but the parking brake would not engage when placed into neutral. As well, putting it in gear in a parked position, has no effect. The bike still easily moves, forward or reverse. I asked the local dealership if the bike could still be driven safely with the PBF indicated, and was told, yes. Just so long as a brake fault itself did not appear, meaning the foot brake would no longer be functioning.
    The operator's manual states that when the parking brake fault light appears, the likely culprits are fuse number 3, and the parking brake sensor. I've checked the fuse and found it to be just fine.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

On the Se (semi auto) it will roll in both directions even when in gear as the clutch will not engage.
    I have a manual transmission
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Default E brake

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    Shut the bike off. Turn on the key and push the e-brake button. Can you hear the actuator motor running at all?
    Clete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Shut the bike off. Turn on the key and push the e-brake button. Can you hear the actuator motor running at all?
    Clete
    I have done this and no I do not hear the motor at all like I used too!
    2015 Spyder F3-s