Thread: Release Date

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Release Date

When is the release date for the 2018 models? I will buying one next year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The information should be available on September 21st...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Tah Dah....!!

that will be the release date to give you the release date for the units.... but like the weatherman it is an estimation....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Kinda bummed after just getting a 2017 that the 2018's have an all-new digital dashboard, smartphone integration and better sound system.

Oh well....

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Kinda bummed after just getting a 2017 that the 2018's have an all-new digital dashboard, smartphone integration and better sound system.

Oh well....
    Happens every year!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you always wait for next year's improvements: you'll never end up buying anything.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Happens every year!
    Yeah, but there weren't many dramatic changes from 2014-2017. And I just got mine last Saturday so it stings a little more...

But OTOH, I got a demo 2017 RT-S with comfort seat and bunch of other goodies with 300 miles on it for $20,999 - and the extra warranty.

Now to get the air suspensions, fog lights, heated grips, etc I'd have to go to the Limited which is now $29,299 MSRP. I think for that kind of savings I can live without the fancy display

Spyder Garage

Yeah, but there weren't many dramatic changes from 2014-2017. And I just got mine last Saturday so it stings a little more...

But OTOH, I got a demo 2017 RT-S with comfort seat and bunch of other goodies with 300 miles on it for $20,999 - and the extra warranty.

Now to get the air suspensions, fog lights, heated grips, etc I'd have to go to the Limited which is now $29,299 MSRP. I think for that kind of savings I can live without the fancy display
    This is the issue - I got a great deal on my 2017, so with the 2018 bikes going at full list(at least for a while), it would cost me literally thousands of dollars to have those improvements. Not worth it to me, so I'll stick with my decision on the 2017!

Spyder Garage

Default On the bright side .....

Oh well....
    You wouldn't have gotten the discounts on the 2018 model that were given on the 2017 model
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    You wouldn't have gotten the discounts on the 2018 model that were given on the 2017 model
    I know, and with the RT-S gone I'd now have to go with the Limited. And that makes it even more expensive.

Looks like the Garmin GPS isn't included anymore on the Limited - guess because that's somewhat integrated into the new display somehow? Or maybe I just missed that.

So I'm fine with the deal I got, especially knowing that the RT-S isn't an option for 2018.

Spyder Garage

Okay, I have an RT-S and I like it a lot. I bought it because I was okay with the "fake" chrome plastic decorator panels and not willing to pay an additional $4K for "real" chrome and the Garmin. I paid about $28K for my S. No way am I going to pay $32K for an L. It appears they are pricing some out of the market. If true, they appear be going to entry level/deluxe and no mid market. My 11 was an A & C (a step above entry), I added floorboards, a different seat, trunk light and driving lights. Linda likes hers better than my S. So...I guess we are happy.

RE: new model announcement: Was yesterday evening.

Well...we waited, we procrastinated about what, and then we saw.

I feel like I got Ralphied. A new dash, toggle switch, and some speakers?????????????

It looks like my predictions for the model year were right on about models, colors, and no engine tweeks. I do like the colors.

For me, not worth several thousand more for a new dash and a color change. Will be sticking with my 2011 and 2014.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I feel the same way. Sticking with my 2017

I knew the "really cool" 10 year anniversary models would be coming out, and I knew they would be pricey. That also plays into the big discounts on current year models. That's why I bought the 2017. There couldn't have been enough new widgets to make the cost differential worth it. I love what' I've got, after 2 weeks of riding. Besides, somebody may very well figure out some after market widget to make cell phones work better, and who cares about a new digital display?