Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Hi Sarge707,

Re: What is there "NOT" to understand about this???

It has been about 37 lifetimes ago but when I was in Basic Training, SSgt Don A. Whillocks told us, "If you don't like the rules, don't play the game."

While I am not batting 100%, I have tried to live by this all my life.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I don't care either way, but .....

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    What is "NOT" to understand about this is exactly WHY people are complaining in the first place, Sarge. If you don't like John's posts, put him on ignore or don't open his posts......don't presume that you need to act as a censor for the large number of people who get enjoyment out of John's posts. A simple decision by a couple of people to put Cuznjohn on their ignore list because he offends them, would have prevented all/any of this.

Pete
    First let me say I rarely got to see any posts from Cuzn John other than one before it got pulled, and I liked it. What I don't understand is Lamonster has his rules, CJ broke them several times, Lamonster put CJ in time out or other types of warnings several times, but most are blaming/mad at the ones that complained. In reality the complainers only pointed out the posts to Lamonster, Lamonster put the hammer down and banned CJ, so it seems everyone should be mad at Lamonster.

Bottom line is, as many have said before, "Lamonster's board, Lamonster's rules." As the joke goes "Definition of psychopath is to do the same thing over again and over again, but to expect different results." Sounds like CJ just pushed the buttons too many times.

Just my opinion...
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    First let me say I rarely got to see any posts from Cuzn John other than one before it got pulled, and I liked it. What I don't understand is Lamonster has his rules, CJ broke them several times, Lamonster put CJ in time out or other types of warnings several times, but most are blaming/mad at the ones that complained. In reality the complainers only pointed out the posts to Lamonster, Lamonster put the hammer down and banned CJ, so it seems everyone should be mad at Lamonster.

Bottom line is, as many have said before, "Lamonster's board, Lamonster's rules." As the joke goes "Definition of psychopath is to do the same thing over again and over again, but to expect different results." Sounds like CJ just pushed the buttons too many times.

Just my opinion...
    Absolutely it's Lamont's Forum, Lamont's rules, Blue Star.....that's a given. However, those that complained about something that the majority found quite innocuous backed Lamont into a corner where he had no choice than to give John a time out. Why would ANYONE be mad at Lamont? "The complainers only pointed out the posts to Lamont" ? The question is, why did they feel the need to point anything out to Lamont? Why not just set John's posts to ignore?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Absolutely it's Lamont's Forum, Lamont's rules, Blue Star.....that's a given. However, those that complained about something that the majority found quite innocuous backed Lamont into a corner where he had no choice than to give John a time out. Why would ANYONE be mad at Lamont? "The complainers only pointed out the posts to Lamont" ? The question is, why did they feel the need to point anything out to Lamont? Why not just set John's posts to ignore?

Pete
    with you about using the ignore button, but why did they feel the need to say anything to Lamonster? I don't know, but I can say if I read something that bothered me I would just move on.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drhunt204 View Post
    I am sure that I am not the only one who does not know what happened to Cuzn John and why he is banned. It might be a learning experience to the infrequent person who checks in; if someone would let me in on the situation.
    I'm on this forum a lot and I don't have any idea what the hell they are all talking about.
    But I try to stay out of the sophomoric crap. Especially the online sophomoric crap. It's just electrons.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Comment while you can, this thread will get pulled. Personally, if John is able to come back and chooses not to, I can respect that. I mean, you can get cra**ed on only so many times until you get fed up and say "enough is enough". Why suffer the abuse?
    Dwight, as always you are perceptive and correct.
    I'll add just one more thought of my own.
    There has to be something seriously wrong with a person who allows their online life to become so important that they generate all these reactions. Using the "ignore" button is the ultimate way of saying "screw him. He's a jerk" and just move on to the next post.
    Step away from the keyboard and do something in real life. Maybe go riding.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default ROCK ON

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    There has to be something seriously wrong with a person who allows their online life to become so important that they generate all these reactions. Using the "ignore" button is the ultimate way of saying "screw him. He's a jerk" and just move on to the next post.

HEY!!!!!!! Let's go riding!!
    2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

, and let's go find a place where we can get something good to eat!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Has to be someplace with Bacon!bacon 2.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Pete
    Why do they feel the need to complain? Look whats going on in the world today, there is your answer. It's a me world, and if I disagree with you then you need to change to suit me. If you don't then I will cry to mommy and she will fix it. It is a sad state the way we are heading, people needing safe spaces, gender dysphoria and so on.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Has to be someplace with Bacon!bacon 2.jpg
    Amen...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Amen...
    Lets have a SL BBQ with Mowin in charge of the piggy.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Whole-hog-bbq
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Ultimate Seats ST Midrider
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Show Chrome Brake Pedal Extension
    Excelvan X-Grip Cell Phone Holder w/USB Charger
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:
    6'-1" - 205lbs - 32"IS - 34"Reach

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmbspyderrss View Post

Spyder Garage

Thank you for taking the time to update me on the situation. It is my hope that it gets worked out to everyone's satisfaction. We grow when we receive information from all sides and try to keep an open mind. Now, lets ride (and find a good place to eat)!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmbspyderrss View Post

I'm in...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

As a Former Drill SGT- I still say- Rules are Rules- You obey them OR leave? No One should have to put anyone on Ignore because The Other Breaks the rules. There are PLENTY of websites for Bull Crap (Try Facebook) . You Can't Obey the rules THEN Don't Let the Door Hit you in the Rear! Amen!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    i agree, if your life is so dull spend all day on your facebook account

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    As a Former Drill SGT- I still say- Rules are Rules- You obey them OR leave? No One should have to put anyone on Ignore because The Other Breaks the rules. There are PLENTY of websites for Bull Crap (Try Facebook) . You Can't Obey the rules THEN Don't Let the Door Hit you in the Rear! Amen!!!!
    Well. I hated Drill Sargent Costanza - well not really, he was "molding" us as we needed to be - but Drill Sgt. E8 "Pop" Page was the voice of reason. He told us, "if you go over the hill I will hunt you down like a bloodhound on a guy who jumped a chain gang". Then he would say, "If you got a good reason, I'll drive you to the bus station". One helluva guy. And yes, there were chain gangs in those days in the South.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post

I enjoyed most of CJ's posts. I'm probably one of the last people in the world to get in an uproar by an off-color post or even one that might be twisted and perverted. I also think that the ignore button can be put to good use if you can't refrain from reading something that will probably upset you.

That said, as much as it pains me to say this, I think that Sarge707 is correct in his statement. Rules are rules and they are there for a reason. Don't like them..........don't participate.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.