Spyder Garage

Default Kirket belt tension

With wheel on ground my Kirket reading is 200 no vibes is this to high with wheel on the ground? This is a 2015 St se5
    Last edited by dsteve931; 09-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

what bike do u have?

Spyder Garage

Default Tension

On the ground reading is a invalid reading. You should only use the on the ground reading after the tension has been set correctly with the wheel off the ground. If it's an RT the tension is also effected by how much stuff you have loaded in the rear luggage compartments.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

08-12 998's,,,,off the ground spec is 101lbs,,,,,on ground 160 is spec. the newer models are higher.

Spyder Garage

Default Kricket belt tension

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    On the ground reading is a invalid reading. You should only use the on the ground reading after the tension has been set correctly with the wheel off the ground. If it's an RT the tension is also effected by how much stuff you have loaded in the rear luggage compartments.
    [B][/B

Doc, while you are technically correct the problem is that the bike doesn't live in the technically correct world. Our bikes live with their wheels on the ground, so if the readings go up with"stuff" in the saddle bags then it would seem appropriate that you should make your adjustments with the wheel on the ground. If you adjust to specifications for the wheel in the air, while the tire is on the ground then you'll not be over stressing the bearings on either end of the drivetrain. JMO I await those individuals with better mechanical understanding of this than I!!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White