Thread: ONE MORE MONTH

Spyder Garage

Default ONE MORE MONTH

Of riding, that is. I had my left hip replaced last February, and on October 11th, I am having the right one replaced. It is a real struggle to get on/off the Spyder, but pain be damned, I'm gonna ride until October 10th, then Great White goes into winter hibernation. At least I will have been able to get in a solid 5 months of riding this season, and I'll be good to go for next season, which right now seems really far away.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope all goes well with the surgery.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Good luck.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

If this one goes as well as my first one - and no reason it shouldn't - I will be one very happy and pain free camper.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your riding this season and look forward to pain free riding next season!

Spyder Garage

Default Nice...

That you were able to get a good though painful ryding season in. Hope all goes well and the recovery will be smooth and know you will be looking forward to a pain free season next year...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

To a successful outcome and a pain free future. My season ends a week after yours when I have my left knee replaced on the 19th. Then the right knee in December. I'm also looking forward to no pain next year.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    To a successful outcome and a pain free future. My season ends a week after yours when I have my left knee replaced on the 19th. Then the right knee in December. I'm also looking forward to no pain next year.
    Best of luck with you knee replacements, although I think that they are a little to close to each other. But that is for you and your Doc to decide. Rehab for knees is a bear, so be diligent at Outpatient PT AND keep working on it at home when you finish your PT. You will have a much better outcome. Remember when we were younger and without pain? Seems like a VERY long time ago.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank goodness we've got the pesky Winter Season, to help you pass the time!
    Let us know how the surgery goes, and heal quickly!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good luck on the upcoming surgery. Wishing a quick recovery.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thank goodness we've got the pesky Winter Season, to help you pass the time!
    Let us know how the surgery goes, and heal quickly!
    True enough, winter sucks unless you are having surgery.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Best of luck with you knee replacements, although I think that they are a little to close to each other. But that is for you and your Doc to decide. Rehab for knees is a bear, so be diligent at Outpatient PT AND keep working on it at home when you finish your PT. You will have a much better outcome. Remember when we were younger and without pain? Seems like a VERY long time ago.
    Not sure I remember my pain free youth

I wanted to have them both done at the same time, but Doc said no. He will do them 6 weeks apart. When I set the first one up he ask which one since the both are equally bad. I chose the left since that one pains me the most. I was going to do the right one in January, but I was offered an early retirement package that starts Sept 29th so I going for December to take advantage of my company insurance to pay for it as I have already met my deductible for the year.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Good luck with your second knee Dwight. Deb and I will be thinking about you on Oct 11.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SURGERY

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I hope all goes well with the surgery.
    AND SENDING ........... mIKE

Spyder Garage

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts, and good wishes. I am truly humbled by the support I got from the Spyder Community for my last surgery, and for this upcoming one as well. You guys are the best.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    True enough, winter sucks unless you are having surgery.
    I hope we have a short winter season, so I can take the spyder out of hibernation and put more miles on.

If we don't have a short winter season, (White Gold) I go right into riding snowmobiles, that will help me get me thru so I don't have spyder withdrawals.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck.