Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Product!! For F3 with round swing arm

My license plate light cover fell off about a month ago. Luckily enough I was only 30 miles from home. Ordered one from the dealer and it took about a week to get it to me. I left the temporary cover on until I came up with a way that would never allow this to occur again. Several other ryders had suggested using silicone in the screw hole or using loctite on the screw. I did not like the idea of having to dig the silicone out if the bulb burned out or using loctite and then having trouble removing the screw and maybe even stripping i out. This system works.

https://youtu.be/jUvnx3CKsbE
    Last edited by Roadster Renovations; 09-08-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

When mine came off, I got a replacement lens from custom dynamics for under $20.
    It is crazy that BRP has not fixed this issue. A few members here said their dealer replaced theirs for free.
    Glad you came up with a solution.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

I ain't going to break the bank at $10 either.

Spyder Garage

Default Well done...

Nice little repair kit. This has been happening on all the models using this lighting system. I used black silicone on the lens edge and it is holding but this would insure that I would not need to replace the lens....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Nice little repair kit. This has been happening on all the models using this lighting system. I used black silicone on the lens edge and it is holding but this would insure that I would not need to replace the lens....
    Use Black RTV on the one on my 08 GS... Thing still fell off.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default question

Does just changing to the CD lens accent/enhance the tail light/brake light enough to justify the $20 cost?
    I have used CD light systems on my Harleys for years and just havent bit the bullet for the upgrade on the F3 or RT yet.
    Thanks ryde safe

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    When mine came off, I got a replacement lens from custom dynamics for under $20.
    It is crazy that BRP has not fixed this issue. A few members here said their dealer replaced theirs for free.
    Glad you came up with a solution.
    Rick & Kathy
    Ellis County TX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy76065 View Post
    Does just changing to the CD lens accent/enhance the tail light/brake light enough to justify the $20 cost?
    I have used CD light systems on my Harleys for years and just havent bit the bullet for the upgrade on the F3 or RT yet.
    Thanks ryde safe
    i also would like to know if the CD lens mounts the same way? If it does, I would still suggest using our tether, regardless of what you are running.

Spyder Garage

Yes, the CD lens replacement comes with a screw to Mount in the same hole as the original.
    It does allow more light to shine on the license plate. I also used some silicone on the edges and screw to keep it in place. Has worked well so far, I do check it when I wash the bike.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Yes, the CD lens replacement comes with a screw to Mount in the same hole as the original.
    It does allow more light to shine on the license plate. I also used some silicone on the edges and screw to keep it in place. Has worked well so far, I do check it when I wash the bike.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

We now have the tether kits available here:

http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/roadster/products

Bottom right of the page - no smart phone access, use a big computer.

Spyder Garage

Got this yesterday! Many Thanks!

• Subject F3 Tail Light tether
    • Message Doc Thanks for a genius solution to a stupid problem. Just installed the tether system...easy, fast and appears to be 'the" solution. I appreciate the creativity of this "fix." All the best!

Spyder Garage

Rick and Kathy. I just bought my 2015 F3. I live in Navarro county TX. I just lost my license light cover too. Have one on order.
    Looking for some people to ride with near Richland Chambers lake. And places to go. This Spyder is more than than I ever imagined.

Randy

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For anyone thinking about using lock-tite …………...DON'T, lock-tite eats plastic ………..Mike