Thread: hunting season

Spyder Garage

Default hunting season

I am not sure how many others on here hunt. I used to hunt elk and dear but have since retired from that and now only do upland game and water foul. I do it for the fun and of course everything I kill goes to consumption. going out today, in about another 3 hours for dove hunting. How many other water foul and upland game bird hunters (Quail, pheasant, duck) do we have out there? Be safe everyone.

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have fun Have fun
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Been so in the past,not so much any more. Deer,Elk,Duck,Pheasant,Dove, Geese they were all fun. When my 1st wife on I were just married we lived on a Deer I got and an Elk Rump from a friend. Next year was Deer and a case of tuna. Good days those, good memories. Good luck on your dove quest. Ours was last week.Cold wind has moved in so they will all be heading south.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Health issues keep me from getting too serious about it anymore...
    But I still love to try and get out a bit for Big-Game Season.
    But it's no longer about the kills: it's about the fellowship!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default hunting season

I have hunted pheasents, grouse, deer. rabbits, and moose. The day after retiring in Oct. i'm headed to Montana for an elk hunt.It's going to cut into my spyder time.

Spyder Garage

You are right Bob. In fact that is what it has always been about,at least to me. My son drew out on a deer permit this year,and as much as possible I will walk with him for the comradeship.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Border Rider View Post
    I have hunted pheasents, grouse, deer. rabbits, and moose. The day after retiring in Oct. i'm headed to Montana for an elk hunt.It's going to cut into my spyder time.
    Bring back some elk steaks for everyone!!

And some good hunting stories too!

Spyder Garage

Love to hunt. Mainly hunt deer a trukey.
    Little small game mixed in.

When I first started hunting yes ago, I was more concerned about success. Now I watch deer walk by and take in the sounds, sights and smells of the fall woods.

The meeting after the hunt at our shop is the best part. Sharing stories of the hunts, and congratulating those that were successful is what I look forward to the most.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use to be an avid hunter... Elk, deer, antelope in Wyoming & Colorado... don't hunt big game anymore... I do however do still enjoy dove hunting.. but its getting harder & harder to find places to hunt. .. if you don't own property its just about impossible.. or just too expensive

osm

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

it's wabbit season already

Spyder Garage

Been getting ready. Got a couple of additional shotguns this year. Dunno why, except that I wanted to add to my toy collection. ("toy" being a play on words) The son, grandsons and I have been to the trap and sporting clay ranges several times to get the feel of the new shotguns. Spending time at the archery range with the crossbow, pistol range with the Super Blackhawk, and the rifle range with the flintlock............been having a bunch of fun!

Spyder Garage

My wife say's I intentionally do a lot more hunting than I do finding .......

2013 F6B
    2016 F3 Ltd
    2016 F3 LTD , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's why it's called "Hunting Season"; and not "Shooting Stuff Season"!

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the hunt and be safe. It is getting close to bow season here in Missouri.

Spyder Garage

Default Hunting Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by heyharris1 View Post
    I am not sure how many others on here hunt. I used to hunt elk and dear but have since retired from that and now only do upland game and water foul. I do it for the fun and of course everything I kill goes to consumption. going out today, in about another 3 hours for dove hunting. How many other water foul and upland game bird hunters (Quail, pheasant, duck) do we have out there? Be safe everyone.

Jim
    One of the things I found in Virginia Beach on display and heard of in a book called Chesapeake, was a long gun, for hunting resting water fowl. The gun would be mounted on supports over the length of row boat, and geese landed on the lake, they would be shot. I never said it was sporting, but only that it was done. Apparently, a routine means of hunting in the 19th century.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Been getting ready. Got a couple of additional shotguns this year. Dunno why, except that I wanted to add to my toy collection. ("toy" being a play on words) The son, grandsons and I have been to the trap and sporting clay ranges several times to get the feel of the new shotguns. Spending time at the archery range with the crossbow, pistol range with the Super Blackhawk, and the rifle range with the flintlock............been having a bunch of fun!
    Been out in the forests doing some preseason scouting. Lot of acorns; hope it means fat and happy deer.

Picked up another shotgun yesterday. Why? I dunno. Just needed another one I guess.
    A "Ted Williams" (Sears & Roebuck) model 200, 20gauge. Manufactured for Sears by Winchester, the final year being 1978, I believe. Not a mark on it. Anywhere.

Monday will be a good day to pattern the factory installed polychoke.

Spyder Garage

Default Hunting

I found a way to enjoy my grouse hunting and Spyder riding with my English Setter. It's insulated for the heat or cold and my SKB breaks down in it's case and fits inside under her mattress. We have some good grouse hunting in the Cascades in the fall out here in Oregon if you know where to go. I used to love Pheasant and Chukar hunting but my knees can no longer hold up to that
    trailer line up.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a nice-looking fifth wheel...
    Is it also a toy-hauler?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's a nice-looking fifth wheel...
    Is it also a toy-hauler?
    No, Bob , my wife did not like any of the toy-haulers we looked at and as we sold our house this summer I wanted a rig for full timing as I'm retiring next year. I have been full timing for the last 25 years as a traveling superintendent and she has always held down the fort, but after she retired 2 years ago she felt no need to stay home and take care of a house we weren't using. She pulls the Spyders on a flat bed with her Pathfinder and I haul the trailer with my truck. When we camp I pull the tent trailer and she pulls the dog trailer. We've tried several different things and this works the best for us now. When I retire we will camp-host in the north and snowbird in the south for a few years. I'm building a RV garage, shop, apartment close to Portland where my son lives so we will spend time up there in the summer months sometimes.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant