Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

broke the upper attachment on my mirror so made some out of aluminium
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

I'm happy with the 3 magnet system --But----- I just may make a top mirror out of some aluminum scrap ------ just because I can.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

Gunny 01.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

One the topic of mirrors. My left side mirror (the actual mirror, no the brakects holding the thing in place) somehow cracket into pieces but it is still in place. How dificult or expensive it is to just buy the mirror to replace it or they dont sell the mirror alone? Any ideas are appreciated.
    Desi Mora
    2011 Spyder RT manual.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer51 View Post
    One the topic of mirrors. My left side mirror (the actual mirror, no the brakects holding the thing in place) somehow cracket into pieces but it is still in place. How dificult or expensive it is to just buy the mirror to replace it or they dont sell the mirror alone? Any ideas are appreciated.
    Desi Mora
    2011 Spyder RT manual.
    go to CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM ……….. THERE MIGHT PLACES THAT ARE LESS EXPENSIVE , BUT NOT BY MUCH …...Mike

Spyder Garage

I just installed the 3 Magnet set on my 2016 RTL last week. My top plastic clip was broken on my left mirror, and I had used an aluminum clip, but that also broke. Also, the bottom wire clips were all bent out of shape, and both mirrors were vibrating. So I finally bit the bullet, and bought the Magic Mirror 3 Magnet set, and did the conversion. The Magnets did NOT effect either of my Analog gauges. The mirrors are now easy to take off, and to put back on, and the vibration is gone. I now wish I had done it sooner, rather than put up with the crappy OEM clips for 43,000 miles before making the switch. I watched Lamonstar’s Installation Video before doing the change, and followed his instructions carefully, with out a glitch. Money well spent, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The Magic Mirrors originally went with the 3 Magnets each side because when the idea first hit the streets, at least here in Aus, the TOP clip was the major issue with the OE design & the most frequent failure, especially on pre-2014 Spyders, but some ryders in the US were also complaining about the bottom clips being an issue also; so Russ, the bloke who took the original idea & initiated all the research & testing that led to the whole Magic Mirrors product, decided it was a no brainer to simply replace all 3 mounts!! And as far as all the original 'crash test dummy' team could ascertain, the 3 magnet replacement for the 3 OE clips not only made the most sense, but it provided the simplest and most complete solution to ANY & ALL the OE mirror mount failures too. However, others (like Mike, see above) have come up with different versions that seem to work fine for them, so if you don't think you need all 3, then it's your choice as to what you put on.

Me, I've now done over 45,000 miles running the Magic Mirror mounts using 3 magnets on each mirror, & the mirrors have survived rough roads, pot holes, railway tracks, spoon drains, kerb hops, low speeds, high speeds, & bird strikes all without any issues at all - in fact they even stayed firmly fixed in place when my LH front wheel was taken out from behind while I was ryding along at the speed limit (about 30mph) by a stoned driver travelling about twice that speed who sideswiped me from behind & kept on driving!! (she got caught tho!) So for my 2 bob, I'm sticking with 3 Magic Mirror magnets per Mirror on my Spyder - & No, I still don't feel the need to bother with tethers either!

Over to you!
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just rec'd a set of Magic Mirrors today from Lamont. They've been talked up so much I'm going to install them tomorrow on my new 2018 RTL w/only 500 miles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Lamonster now sells a 4 pack (two for the bottom spring clips only) and a 6 pack (My preference also as some of the others above have posted)
    I hated the top pins/clips and have heard of others breaking those, yes they're cheap to replace, but all 6 magnets have held up to plenty of abuse just fine.
    For some BS reason Lamonster no longer sells the 2 magnet set. I bought the magnets on ebay and the rest of the screws and washers from Ace Hardware and built my own. The 2 magnet system works well for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We find 2 magnets to replace the lower clips works great. Only found 2 top clips broken in 7 years. Plenty of lower ones. The upper Works as a hanger. Your choice. Thanks, Lamont, for offering a choice.

Any choice for ST? Thankfully don’t have remove mirrors much but seems to brake top clip every time

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post

Any choice for ST? Thankfully don’t have remove mirrors much but seems to brake top clip every time
    Not using Magnets …. your mirror assembly is quite different from the RT's …… Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    For some BS reason Lamonster no longer sells the 2 magnet set.
    You do mean BS as in "business sense", right?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just a quick note on those magnets. As Lamonster says in his video, they're STRONG. I had a couple of them just apart enough that the skin on my L middle finger got caught in between. The magnets didn't "snap" together but just "squeeeeezed" together. My finger was stuck. Only way I could get my finger out was to lose some skin. I didn't realized I was bleeding until I got some blood on the bike. Now, it's MINE.

Spyder Garage

Yep did the 3 magnet replace on 2011 RT but also rigged up tethers quick release clips so covered all round if fall off. I did replace the analogue gauges though - right side with digital volt meter and left with ram mount ball to hold phone (less clutter on handle bars)
    2011 RT , Manuctaured my own for aux lights Pearl white