Spyder Garage

Default Driver backrest recommendations? '17 F3-S

My HD sold and I'm ready to accessorize. One thing on my list is a driver backrest. I've looked (on line only) at a couple of aftermarket ones, and the Can-Am one. Does anyone have a recommendation? If I get the Can-Am one, I'll likely have my dealer install it, but I'd probably install if it's aftermarket.

Thanks.
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map

Spyder Garage

I can recommend the BRP one if you can get it for a good price. Very comfortable, has back and forward adjustment and matches the bike perfectly. I'm fussy with accessories in that they have to look like they were made for the bike and not like I just added something generic.

No need to get dealer to fit it, literally a 30 minute job and really straightforward.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Utopia has a great backrest set up for the RT. I do not know if they cover the F3. That was the first accessory I put on my 2014 RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Utopia has a great backrest set up for the RT. I do not know if they cover the F3. That was the first accessory I put on my 2014 RT.
    I just installed my Utopia backrest. These folks are fantastic to work with. I had installed a used comfort seat on my 2014 and I neglected to tell Utopia it was from a 2012. So, they sent the wrong bracket. Once I realized this, I contacted them but the owner had shut down the shop for 2 weeks for his 50th anniversary Alaska cruise so was unable to do anything immediately.

He arranged for his son-in-law to go to the shop, find the right bracket and send it to me expedited mail. It arrived today, just in time for me to mount it before my trip to California. The install was pretty simple and the directions are pretty straight forward. And, the backrest looks like it belongs on the bike I think. It's very supportive of my lower back and has several adjustment screws to get it perfect. Very happy I went with this solution.

Back rest.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have Utopia and love the comfort and the way it matches the seat trim.
    Husband has smoothspyder one on his and is equally happy.
    Have fun

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I just installed my Utopia backrest.

Back rest.jpg
    I was in a bit of a hurry so crumpled the foam a bit. Will play around with it when I have more time. It's not Utopia's fault....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP backrest and it is comfy. I purchased it for $200 gently used .
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the Utopia on mine and love it. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO