Spyder Garage

Default Shout Out to Westside Motorsports, Spokane WA & AAA Frazier Towing, Coeur d'Alene

When returning home from our Canada ride, we got caught on a secondary roadway chip and seal job without warning, on our way to the Grand Coulee Dam (SR 174 west of Wilbur, WA). The rocks were 3-4 inches deep and well, they ate my RT belt in one mile.

Contacted Auto Club for a tow (3 hour wait because the tow came from Couer d'Alene) and the nearest dealer was Westside Motorsport, 65 miles away in West Spokane, WA. Hubby contacted them and spoke to the general manager John. They did not have a belt in stock but found one 35 miles away in Couer d'Alene. By sheer luck the owner of Westside lives there, so he picked up the belt that night. Westside also gave us a phone number to a Best Western Hotel located by the dealership, since we would arrive at their facility after closing time.

Tip of my hat to Peter from Frazier Towing, a rider himself, who took great care with my RT.

Hubby rode over to dealership the next morning and they were waiting for him. The shop replaced the belt, inspected the RT for further damage (none), replaced a bolt in my battery that was too long and cautioned about depleted capacity (it died today, LOL), reset the limp mode and error codes and had us on our way by 1 pm. Rode 1,800 miles home without further incidents.

It was no fun breaking down, but we are very glad that Westside put us on their priority repair list and treated us very, very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CentralCoastCA; 08-31-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Excellent report and kudos to Westside Motorsports and the tow guy as well.
    Thanks for sharing the pics of the belt damage.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Great outcome on what could have been a disaster! Glad you made it home safe!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

It is no fun when you have a break down. Good to hear you had great help with towing and repairs!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting about another dealer that takes customer service serious.

Those dealers that put everyone in the two week or more "queue" have always been on my "hit" list.

Glad to hear they stepped above and beyond to get you back on the road.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'll second the shout-out to Westside. In my experience, their customer service is outstanding and I can highly recommend them.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

When I lived in Spokane I went to them a few times and they did a great job on my Yamahas.
    Long drive since I lived two miles from Idaho border. But was worth it at time.
    Glad you were taken care of.
    mtbear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    When returning home from our Canada ride, we got caught on a secondary roadway chip and seal job without warning, on our way to the Grand Coulee Dam (SR 174 west of Wilbur, WA). The rocks were 3-4 inches deep and well, they ate my RT belt in one mile.

Contacted Auto Club for a tow (3 hour wait because the tow came from Couer d'Alene) and the nearest dealer was Westside Motorsport, 65 miles away in West Spokane, WA. Hubby contacted them and spoke to the general manager John. They did not have a belt in stock but found one 35 miles away in Couer d'Alene. By sheer luck the owner of Westside lives there, so he picked up the belt that night. Westside also gave us a phone number to a Best Western Hotel located by the dealership, since we would arrive at their facility after closing time.

Tip of my hat to Peter from Frazier Towing, a rider himself, who took great care with my RT.

Hubby rode over to dealership the next morning and they were waiting for him. The shop replaced the belt, inspected the RT for further damage (none), replaced a bolt in my battery that was too long and cautioned about depleted capacity (it died today, LOL), reset the limp mode and error codes and had us on our way by 1 pm. Rode 1,800 miles home without further incidents.It was no fun breaking down, but we are very glad that Westside put us on their priority repair list and treated us very, very well.
    Good to know, didn't know Westside Motor Sports was still doing Can Ams, haven't seen one there in a long time and i pass on I-90 quite often. Will have to make a point of stopping in. We need dealers like that and especially one on East side of the State. Good to know about Frazier towing too. Will just turn around if I come onto chip seal work. That has dipped enough windows for me over the years.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Out of curiosity, do you have the "missing belt guard" installed?
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

I did, but it had come off. The torn belt has 25-30 rocks still embedded in it, and by the size of the these rocks, not sure a belt guard would've saved me. It's my understanding that approx 20 miles of roadway was chipped. I can't get a pic uploaded correctly, of the rocks we dug out of the Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have the "missing belt guard" installed?
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Default Westside Motorsports is pretty good

That's where I took my three wheel training to get my endorsement. They had several Sypders available for student use and did a great job both in the class and on the pad.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited