Thread: F3 2-UP SHOCK

Spyder Garage

Default F3 2-UP SHOCK

Just installed my F3 2-UP Shock Absorber...
    I bought it from my very new best friend Jim from LA... he advertised it here on SL, and I grabbed it...
    From start to finish, it took exactly 1 hr...
    i looked at the clock, and waited until exactly 11:00 AM....
    all you need is to get the read tire off the floor, a 15mm deep socket, and a 15mm wrench, a torque wrench and a small scissor jack...
    remove the nuts top n bottom, and pull out the bolts... here's where you may need the scissor jack; to align the bolts and bolt holes, you'll need to place the scissor jack under the read tire, and finagle it until the bolts can be removed by hand... put the OEM stuff aside...
    install is just the reverse... i did bottom bolt first, then top... torqued to 36 ft lbs... lowered SPYD3R, cleaned up my tools, put everything away, looked at the clock, and it was exactly high-noon, 12 o'clock....
    now i'm upset because it's raining, and will be for the next few days.... boo hoo hoo.....
    if anyone has any questions about this process, i'd be happy to answer (if i can)...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    20170830_110440.jpg 20170830_113519.jpg 20170830_113900.jpg 20170830_190050.jpg 20170831_113737.jpg
    thx Jim....

Spyder Garage

I put one on a few weeks ago. A bit stiff at first, then breaks in nicely.

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done...

for the visuals and nice touch painting the sping to match...did you consider the time to tape up the shock for paint....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default paint

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    for the visuals and nice touch painting the sping to match...did you consider the time to tape up the shock for paint....
    NO, the masking and painting were not included in that one hour... one hour was for installation only... lots of fun however...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

I Put it on my 2015 F3 and Its Much Stiffer Than stock BUT I'm only 210 so it would be? Actually if you are under 200 Pounds and Don't ride with a Passenger EVER I would leave the stock one on? I Does Handle corners Better!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I hope that paint and/or the non detectable tape residue doesn't interfere with the shock compressing correctly.

HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Default wow

WOW..... ! ! !
    just got back from my 1st ride with the new 2-UP Shock.... WOW...! ! ! big difference, and a good 1 @ that.... this is gona be fun...
    I highly recommend this upgrade if you ride 2-up, or are over 250 lbs... i'm 265#, and this works gr8 for me.... SPYD3R feels way more stable in turns, and bumps are handled better as well...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Thread, Dan

Your a show-off at heart, Dan. but then that's the nice thing about these bikes; you can't go anywhere that people won't gawk at and ask questions about these bikes of the future. I predict, if the Lord terries, that these three wheeled wonders will not only be electric driven but come with side cars, one on each side of the rear wheel for two more riders plus a trailer hitch that comes standard to pull the camper because this thing is really fun for the whole family.

Spyder Garage

Default thx

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybarton View Post
    Your a show-off at heart, Dan. but then that's the nice thing about these bikes; you can't go anywhere that people won't gawk at and ask questions about these bikes of the future. I predict, if the Lord terries, that these three wheeled wonders will not only be electric driven but come with side cars, one on each side of the rear wheel for two more riders plus a trailer hitch that comes standard to pull the camper because this thing is really fun for the whole family.

All thanks to you Jim....
    dp

Spyder Garage

Default uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    WOW..... ! ! !
    just got back from my 1st ride with the new 2-UP Shock.... WOW...! ! ! big difference, and a good 1 @ that.... this is gona be fun...
    I highly recommend this upgrade if you ride 2-up, or are over 250 lbs... i'm 265#, and this works gr8 for me.... SPYD3R feels way more stable in turns, and bumps are handled better as well...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    I also just installed a two-up shock. I doubted that it would make much difference, but it was a compromise with my wife rather than jumping in and buying the six hundred buck Elca. I was wrong, it's made a huge improvement in the ride and has pretty much stopped the bottoming out we felt with the standard shock. This should be the factory standard shock.

Spyder Garage

Anyone know what the Two-Up shock is rated at weight wise ? 2-3-400 lbs .
    Happy Owner