Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner

Spyder Garage

Default New Owner

Well, sort of a new owner. Actually bought at 2012 RT Limited today in pearl white. It has about 6200 miles on it and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

When I say "sort of a new owner", what I mean is that I actually bought it for my wife. She has been wanting one ever since we took an extended test ride on one a few years ago. I'm must not ready to give up on my Royal Star Venture yet but she fell in love with the Spyder and I finally cave in and bought her one.

I run a forum very similar to this one (same software and etc.) that is dedicated to the Venture and Royal Star motorcycles. I started it about 13 or 14 years ago and it's still going strong. So I am familiar with how the forum software works and will do some searching and reading before asking questions that I know I'll have.

We live in Oberlin, OH and look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the future.

Here is a picture of her new ride for now. Picture is at the former owner's house. I only WISH I had a Corvette in the garage.

SpyderRT.jpg

Spyder Garage

welcome to the best Spyder forum anywhere (this is not verifiable)

you will both enjoy your new RT, and in a couple years when you are ready to jump too,
    you'll probably join the 1330 club.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Welcome from another 998 owner, I too love my '13 RTL and plan on wearing it out! Before switching up to a 1330 RTL.
    May you both enjoy some touring on your '12.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

and on the "classy" color.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the site Don, I remember your maintenance days. I use to own a 08 Venture and rode with the WNY RSV crew (rickster). I also own a White RT Limited and my wife has a ST. Hope to see you on the road sometime, enjoy it and ride safe.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default nice 2012

good looking cycle , 2012 s-e 5 I think that's right ...
    [ foot on the brake , and then start button ]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome.

Spyder Garage

Welcome Don, glad to see our paths cross again. Good luck with the new Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post
    Welcome to the site Don, I remember your maintenance days. I use to own a 08 Venture and rode with the WNY RSV crew (rickster). I also own a White RT Limited and my wife has a ST. Hope to see you on the road sometime, enjoy it and ride safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    Welcome Don, glad to see our paths cross again. Good luck with the new Spyder.
    Heck, you guys didn't have to run away just because you are riding Spyders now. There are usually at least a couple of Spyers at my Maintenance Day and other rallies. Marcarl is always there on his, I hear a rumor that Big Tom may have bought one last week. There are a couple of others also. Sounds like you are overdue for a ride to Ohio for Maintenance Day.

Anyway, it's nice to see some familiar names here.

Spyder Garage

Welcome, I wasn't sure I was ready to give up my goldwing but let me tell you something. Making this purchase has been the best thing, I should have done it years ago when I began looking at the bikes. I have more miles in the last month on my spyder then all year on my wing. Its terrific! The only thing I don't like is the belt drive but coming from a goldwing, anything is an adjustment. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

SUPERB choice!

No Vette in my garage yet either🤔

My username says it all
    2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white

Spyder Garage

2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder andto the spyder web. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to see that you found us!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dknelson View Post
    Well, sort of a new owner. Actually bought at 2012 RT Limited today in pearl white. It has about 6200 miles on it and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

When I say "sort of a new owner", what I mean is that I actually bought it for my wife. She has been wanting one ever since we took an extended test ride on one a few years ago. I'm must not ready to give up on my Royal Star Venture yet but she fell in love with the Spyder and I finally cave in and bought her one.

I run a forum very similar to this one (same software and etc.) that is dedicated to the Venture and Royal Star motorcycles. I started it about 13 or 14 years ago and it's still going strong. So I am familiar with how the forum software works and will do some searching and reading before asking questions that I know I'll have.

We live in Oberlin, OH and look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the future.

Here is a picture of her new ride for now. Picture is at the former owner's house. I only WISH I had a Corvette in the garage.

SpyderRT.jpg
    love the color...will be looking for a white one in the not too distant future.
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the ryde!

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations on the new ryde!

I purchased one for my wife to steepen up the learning curve - and in 15 minutes of riding she was confident and ready to hit the streets (quiet streets, but streets non the less). She has become quite an accomplished ryder in the last 60 days and seems to improve with every mile she rides.

She persuaded me to take her 'Spydie' on a HOG ride; I was amazed at the reduced effort that 3 wheels bring to the table and the fact that I was not tired when I returned from a 200 mile ride. That 'sealed the deal' and we are now a 2 Spyder family (she has a '13 RT and I have a '14 RT) but the Harley still remains in our family and will be ridden regularly (after a bit of shop time for a few push tube seals).

I love the Can Am(s) but more importantly I love the fact that my wife is riding with me and her son!

I feel that the technology of the Can Am is actually a pretty good thing since (comparatively speaking) there seems to be very few complaints about the technology/failures.
    Chris Kovachevich, CDS
    Independence, MO

HOG # US5032392
    BCA #47866

Growing old is mandatory; growing UP is optional!

Spyder Garage

Welcome Boss on the new Spyder for Eileen. Be careful,if you ride it too much you may find yourself looking for one for you..Best thing I did after hanging up the Venture spurs was getting one of these.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

You're going to love it!!

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

to your wife for her new Spyder and to the best Spyder site on the net.

If you wife is on FB, have her look for "Girls on Spyders".
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dknelson View Post

SpyderRT.jpg
    and

Glad you found us, we are here to help, and answer any questions that you have.

Be sure to look at the list of venders on the "Home Page" on this site. Also, look @ the Events/Rides area.

Deanna

Last edited by Deanna777; 09-04-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde. great amount of information here and everybody has an answer.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

We picked up the Spyder on Saturday. My wife rode it home from Port Clinton, OH to our house outside of Oberlin, OH. Only about an hour ride. We ran into heavy rain for about the last 20 minutes though. I was in the Nissan Murano following her. I started to pull over and ride it home through the rain but then decided........nawwwwwww.....if she wants to ride, she needs to take what comes.

Anyway, in spite of the rain, she was all smiles when she pulled it into the garage.

On Sunday, we took a longer ride. Me on my 2005 Royal Star Venture and her on the Spyder. We did what turned out to be about a 186 mile "lunch" ride down to Roscoe Village in Coshocton, OH. Had a great time and were accompanied we two other couples that we ride with from time to time. Mostly curvy roads and then a great lunch. Left here around 10:00 in the morning and got back home around 8:00 in the evening.

Here are some pictures from us taking delivery on Saturday and me following her home. She got it down pretty quickly. She was tooling along around 65 MPH down OH 2. The last picture is just before leaving for the ride to Coshocton on Sunday.

IMG_0882.jpg IMG_0884.jpg IMG_0891.jpg IMG_0892.jpg

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome to the forum from Canton, Ohio, we were just down your way yesterday on the way to Old Man's Cave. I am sure that the two of you will enjoy the the new addition to the family.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

When old man age caught up with me, I went from a Royal Star Venture to a Spyder RT. I sometimes have faun memories and miss the Venture but the Spyder let me keep my knees in the breeze. When you get there, don't fight it. Just hop on the Spyder and keep the wind in your face.