Spyder Garage

Default Anybody have a vacuum hose diagram?

does anybody happen to have a vacuum hose schematic for a 2012 rt limited. I would like to check and make sure I got all the vacuum hoses checked. I have only been able to find 4. (2 on the left side of the engine, real little things, 1 on the left side that goes from the crankcase to the black box, may actually be a crankcase vent. and the one on the right side that goes to the purge valve. If those are the only 4 let me know.

Thank you,

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

I can't help you on that but,wish I could. Out of curiosity tho what are trying to accomplish? Do you have a vacuum leak?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I am not sure if I have a vacuum leak or not, just keeps stalling, thats why i was hoping to find a schematic that would show every vacuum line so i could check each and every hose.

Jim
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

Didn't you just finish a canisterectomy on your bike? Did it stall before? If it didn't, then I would check back thru that process? Have looked closely at the 2 tiny ones on the left side? Those develop pin holes and cracks and should be replaced just as a matter of course with silicone hoses. Even if they don't leak now they will.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

Here you go..

bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

i replaced both those little hoses with silicone hoses and tested the purge valve but it didnt change the stalling issue. But since I have it all apart i just decided to take remove the canister just in case but i cant test it cause i am waiting on new wires. already got new plugs in. I am hoping it was one of them and then fire it up and it pures like a kitten.

Jim
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

Did you remember to take photos? Let us see how it is coming along ... (only if you wish that is ... I hope you can find the bug soon.)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 02:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

yes, I have taken quite a few pictures. What has me worried though is the fact I have not found a serious problem, no busted lines or anything wrong so i am hoping that it is one of the spark plug wires was going bad or something i cannot visually see.

Jim
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by heyharris1 View Post
    i replaced both those little hoses with silicone hoses and tested the purge valve but it didnt change the stalling issue. But since I have it all apart i just decided to take remove the canister just in case but i cant test it cause i am waiting on new wires. already got new plugs in. I am hoping it was one of them and then fire it up and it pures like a kitten.

Jim
    I have a 2011 - is there a "kit" of the necessary silicone hoses I could acquire and keep on hand in the event this issue comes up?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 02:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

There is no kit, just go to an auto parts store and buy a length of 3mm vacuum hose about 8" should be enough and replace them, if they haven'been done already. Your machine is 11 years old. If you are not the original owner it may have already been done. I bought mine at NAPA,but had to order a roll of it, it cost $6.00 but that was 7 years ago.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    There is no kit, just go to an auto parts store and buy a length of 3mm vacuum hose about 8" should be enough and replace them, if they haven'been done already. Your machine is 11 years old. If you are not the original owner it may have already been done. I bought mine at NAPA,but had to order a roll of it, it cost $6.00 but that was 7 years ago.
    Thanks, we had the same issue (2012 RT) and I followed your advice and ordered a length of hose (before even looking at the old ones), and sure enough they were cracked. Replacing them seems to have fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)